What is wrong with me...

notaudlycertain

notaudlycertain

Hi everyone,

I just recently found this and I wanted to run my question by someone who has maybe had a little more experience and maybe can relate to some of the things that I am feeling. I am honestly too scared to talk to anyone close to being because I have no idea how they would react or treat me after telling them my problems...

So, I'm 20 years old female, I'm currently in college and I have never had a sexual partner. 

I find myself having way more "girls" that are friends with "guy" friends and I tend to sometimes gain feeling for some of my closest friends. I struggle because these feelings I have I can't explain, it's mostly to girls because I am closest to them. I have read lightly on being a Demisexual and maybe these feeling I have towards my friends because I am with them all the time? or does that make me gay? I literally don't know. It seems I am "intimate" if that's even what you call it with one guy a year. I mean it's so not anything, we see each other a couple times and then I end up not feeling it and I ghost them or leave. I have never really been sexually active with a girl either, I just have this feeling toward some friends I become close with,

I cannot tell if I am gay or a demisexual or what. I am so confused and these feelings get more intense and exhausting as I get older. I also feel like I will live in this bubble for the rest of my life not knowing who I am and that scares me.

I feel like I'm talking to no one but if anyone has words of wisdom please run them by me, I am so lost.

Hello and and welcome to the AVEN forums, notaudlycertain. Have some cake :cake: :-)

The labels you are pondering are not mutually exclusive. Demisexual indicates the circumstances under which you might experience sexual attraction, while gay refers to the group of people in which you might find the target of this attraction. For example, I'm demi-heterosexual. You could be demi-homosexual. It will be up to you to explore your feelings and to find matching labels, if you are looking for labels. Don't worry about having to change them in the future though. The labels people use always reflect their current understanding of themselves. And it's perfectly OK to change labels when you learn more about yourself.

Personally, I found it very helpful to distinguish the different types of attraction. Are your feelings romantic, sensual, sexual,...

https://secondlina.deviantart.com/art/Sketchcomic-types-of-Attraction-298804729

http://wiki.asexuality.org/Attraction

Oh, and one more thing... maybe I should have written this first... There's nothing wrong with you. You are what you are. Don't try to be anyone else than yourself. And mingle with people who accept you as you are.

All the best to you! I hope we can help you a bit here on AVEN :cake:

Archived