• Announcements

• Kelly

AVENues Holiday Special Edition is now live   08/17/17

The new edition of AVENues is done!   See:        
    • Lady Girl

Ace Community Census   11/06/17

It’s time for the 2017 Ace Community Census!   see:   http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/162675-announcing-the-2017-ace-community-census/  
    • Heart

Help fund AVEN's servers!   11/06/17

AVEN is doing its annual fundraiser to raise donations for server costs! See http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/163251-aven-server-fundraiser/ for more details.  
scarletlatitude

"“I am no male or female or any other, I have no sex”: a case report on asexuality"

scarletlatitude

http://www.ojpas.com/ojpas-20171005_2/fulltext.html

Niranjan, H., Senilio, M., and Ashutosh D. (2017). “I am no male or female or any other, I have no sex”: a case report on asexuality. Open J Psychiatry Allied Sci., 9, 77-78. doi: 10.5958/2394-2061.2018.00017.4. Epub 2017 Oct 5.

Abstract:

A rather less investigated field of sexual orientation, “asexuality” is spread out within the dimensions on lack of sexual attraction or interest on sexual behaviour, and on self-identification issues, or in combination of these. As sex is considered to be one of the basic instincts of human beings which has been followed since centuries, growing reports of asexuality is a concern against the evolution theory. There is lack of studies to assess the exact prevalence of asexuality in Indian setup. Here we are presenting a case of a 20-year-old male, who presented with self-identity issues with no preference for any particular sexual identity.

fiѕh

window fuck this GIF

[noize:injekktion]

...dafuq?

timewarp

I am asexual. I also don't like marmite.

Pramana

Obviously some significant limitations to the paper, although so far the vast majority of literature on asexuality has originated from English-speaking Western countries, so I would suggest it's a positive at least to see that an Indian psychiatry department is recognizing asexuality as a legitimate orientation. There's also an interesting quote about the intersection between asexuality and gender identity for the interviewee.

scarletlatitude

^ Yes. This is from a country that might not be as accepting of asexual orientations. Plus I am sure some of it got lost in translation. Still, visibility is important... even if it's not what we expect to see...