Asexual Sublimation and Physical Attractiveness

Hi,

Just finished reading the Satanic Bible. It says in there that Asexuals practice "Sexual Sublimination" when their non-interest in sex is sublimated in other areas (work, school, fame etc)... Do we agree or disagree?

Also, are you still asexual if you can't help but notice another person is physically attractive or not? Am I wrong in saying that I am asexual though I notice the obvious fact that some people are physically attractive?

Any input would help,

Thanks,

Fred.

MostliiGhostii

So do you mean that sexual practce, interests, or release is put into our daily work and activities???

And as long as you aren’t physically attracted yourself, I think you could still call yourself asexual. We are kinda taught what features makes a person of certain gender “physically attractive” as like a common known thing but we ourselves aren’t attracted.

18 minutes ago, madfreddi said:

Just finished reading the Satanic Bible. It says in there that Asexuals practice "Sexual Sublimination" when their non-interest in sex is sublimated in other areas (work, school, fame etc)... Do we agree or disagree?

To a certain extent, yes ; a very freudian idea, the sublimation of our libido into socially recognized domains... And yet, - so what, are we asexuals all like hyperactive dudes painting, writing all day thanks to the overflow of energy not spent on sex ? :huh:

But if we consider someone having near to zero libido, would it mean that he cannot do anything good in society ? And why reduce everything to sex ?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, madfreddi said:

I think that's utter nonsense :lol: I bet that any given person could find 150 things they're not interested in, but somehow sex is supposed to be special and aaaaaall the energy one doesn't use for partnered genital stimulation goes elsewhere? What about carpentry sublimation or knitting sublimation? Anime sublimation, cooking sublimation, Star Wars sublimaton, picking my nose sublimation?

Sure, totally buying it :D 

• Like 2
The Gnat (Natalie)

Disagree. I think I'm more passionate about work, school, hobbies, etc. because all that passion has to go somewhere and, for me, sex isn't it; however, it's not because I'm repressing sexual feelings, which is what 'sublimate' implies to me. Those feelings just naturally aren't there.

If that were so, then I think I'd be a much less lazy person than I am. If I have an excess of energy from from all the sex I'm not having, I've not noticed it. :lol:

Yeah, you can still be asexual if you notice when people are attractive. Aesthetic attraction is not the same as sexual attraction, even if they often overlap for most people. I can't help noticing pretty people either, but that doesn't invalidate my orientation. I'm may be asexual, but my eyes still (mostly) function, with a little help 👓.

• Like 2
everywhere and nowhere
55 minutes ago, Homer said:

I think that's utter nonsense :lol: I bet that any given person could find 150 things they're not interested in, but somehow sex is supposed to be special and aaaaaall the energy one doesn't use for partnered genital stimulation goes elsewhere? What about carpentry sublimation or knitting sublimation? Anime sublimation, cooking sublimation, Star Wars sublimaton, picking my nose sublimation?

Sure, totally buying it :D 

Exactly like something I've felt a lot of times. Why are so many things perceived as a substitute for sex, but sex is hardly ever perceived as a substitute for anything else?

• Like 1
MostliiGhostii
3 hours ago, Mirae said:

But if we consider someone having near to zero libido, would it mean that he cannot do anything good in society ? And why reduce everything to sex ?

I completly agree to this. How could everything even be sex based and why does everyone make it such????

sex is a biological response similar to eating, breathing, and sleeping. However, unlike the other things mentioned, an individual human can SURVIVE without sex. It is not vital and all determining of our actions on not only a philisophical level, but a scientific level as well. 

Why does society tend to leak sex into everything? It makes many of us very confused and uncertain of ourselves.

• Like 3