Other words/phrases for "sex"?

vega57

28 minutes ago, Homer said:

What makes people think that folks "get taught" how to do it or what to think of it?

I have dealt with children and adults who are taught through siblings and friends that is how now a days to say shit. It depends on how they are raised.

everywhere and nowhere
2 hours ago, fiѕh said:

sometimes it just is "fucking" rather than... whatever else you could call it. *shrug*

In my fantasies, the persons I imagine always make love and not fuck, shag or screw. For me sex isn't disgusting as long as it doesn't involve me, but brutal sex is always disgusting.

Bonking

I  like that term.  It's not gooey/romantic and it's not disgusting.  

3 hours ago, flagsforhippos said:

You must have been hanging out with a better class of people than the folks I pal about with then :D:P

American.  Military.  Air Force.

Let's not go there...k?  :D

I think a lot of those terms have more to do with the the British tendency to make light of anything remotely serious, in order to avoid showing our feelings. Assume irony and/or black humour and/or wry cynicism unless there's a really strong reason not to. It's what we do instinctively. 

2 minutes ago, Telecaster68 said:

I think a lot of those terms have more to do with the the British tendency to make light of anything remotely serious, in order to avoid showing our feelings. Assume irony and/or black humour and/or wry cynicism unless there's a really strong reason not to. It's what we do instinctively. 

Brits have a very "dry" sense of humor.  Many people don't get it.  Especially their sarcasm....which can come off as a more 'politically correct" way of saying, "Go Fuck yourself":lol:

It very frequently is exactly that, but we don't mean it too seriously or take it too seriously. 

We view it as good manners actually, because the humour gives the other person a graceful way out if they choose to take it. It must be bloody confusing if you're not used to it though. 

13 minutes ago, Telecaster68 said:

It very frequently is exactly that, but we don't mean it too seriously or take it too seriously. 

We view it as good manners actually, because the humour gives the other person a graceful way out if they choose to take it. It must be bloody confusing if you're not used to it though. 

LOL!  Tele...

Before we were transferred overseas, we had to go through an "initiation process".  We were actually in a classroom...and given a MANUAL of the differences between American words vs. Brit words. 

The Brits I met DID love our American cigarettes...:lol:

One day I was driving in Mildenahall, and some British "chick" ran a red light...then flipped me the British version of "The Bird". 

Thought she was giving me the "Victory" sign, since SHE was in the wrong.....

I have used a ton of expressions until I learned about my wife being asexual. Now I usually say “I could do with a date tonigth?”

1• it is usually a reminder of the agreed upon schedule.

2•it is me, who wants

3•it is still possible for her to decline or give a rain check

4•we both know that I would like sex, but saying ‘date’ can also just refer to ‘being together in a relationshippy close manner’ and gives her a way to think about what she will be ok with putting on the menu.

48 minutes ago, Sally said:

Bonking

Plays well with the thougth about sex being just a nice massage with applying rhytmic touching to genitals or bonking bodies together. It removes some of the cosmic magic about sexy sex, but that usually makes it easier to swallow (some pun intended) for the acer and still nice and stimulating and lovemaking~ish for the sexual.

12 minutes ago, vega57 said:

LOL!  Tele...

Before we were transferred overseas, we had to go through an "initiation process".  We were actually in a classroom...and given a MANUAL of the differences between American words vs. Brit words. 

The Brits I met DID love our American cigarettes...:lol:

One day I was driving in Mildenahall, and some British "chick" ran a red light...then flipped me the British version of "The Bird". 

Thought she was giving me the "Victory" sign, since SHE was in the wrong.....

Overpaid, oversexed, over here.... I grew up in that general area (Jaguars, Phantoms and A10s overhead most days). 

The good manners thing is real though - in the sense that good manners are really all about making the other person feel at ease. So if a proposition or a rejection is laced with irony or humour, it gives both sides room to back off with less social embarrassment. 

There's a really good book called Watching The English about this stuff, including a brilliant analysis of how Brits queue. We can tell, collectively, if someone is even thinking of pushing in and we instinctively, literally, close ranks. I've seen it happen dozens of times. 

flagsforhippos
1 hour ago, Telecaster68 said:

There's a really good book called Watching The English about this stuff

By Kate Fox? it's a great read. Her father having the conversation with the Italians who want to get to grips with the English understatement is priceless.

6 minutes ago, flagsforhippos said:

By Kate Fox? it's a great read. Her father having the conversation with the Italians who want to get to grips with the English understatement is priceless.

The very one. I don't recall that conversation though. 

EggplantWitch

I'm quite fond of 'bonking', 'boning', and 'doing the horizontal tango'.

I was an English Language student for a while so I actually looked into stuff like this a fair bit. Sex has a lot of associated euphemisms - it's the same with other taboo subjects like death, masturbation and menstruation. It also has a lot of dysphemisms, the euphemism's lesser known evil cousin, which is where you 'cover up' a taboo word by saying something that sounds even worse (in this case, it would be stuff like 'shag' and 'fuck') for a more visceral reaction. I find those kinds of word choices really interesting... so by all means, keep them coming. Satisfy my nerdy overinterest in the English language.

In Scotland you have the terms

Pumpin

Getting your hole or getting the boaby.

On my island the verb "to bull" means to have sex. (I do not know the origin.)

- Bulling - Means you are having sex with someone.

- Bullerman - Derogatory word for a gay man (yes the Caribbean is very homophobic)

I've head "jook" being used here but I believe that's more a Jamaican term. Other Jamaican terms I know for sex is Dugu dugu and Grine.

7 hours ago, Jade Cross said:

If I were to say something "Im going to fuck that girls brains out" it gives an animalistic sense to the sentence.

This may be the most disgusting euphemism for sex. Why would you(general you) want to use a metaphor that involves destroying the most precious, irreplaceable part of someone, the brain. I hate it when men use metaphors that make sex sound like a violent attack on a women, like when they say, "I destroyed her pussy" like destroying someone's body is something appealing. 

1 hour ago, Jade Cross said:

Thats kind of the point. Sex recieves the negative connotations it does because its often taken to extremes (in theory only hopefully).

I dont care for sex so I wouldnt really say this to anyone in real life. This was just an example of why sex tends to recieve its negative attention.

They say it like they're proud of it, not in a negative way. 

paperbackreader
9 hours ago, Homer said:

What makes people think that folks "get taught" how to do it or what to think of it?

As to the OP, "love" (or any kind of relationship, for that matter) isn't always a cakewalk or a bed full of flower petals. Sometimes it is, but sometimes it's mean, it's rough, it's dirty. People will express themselves accordingly.

I'm really surprised about the environment some people on here claim to live in. I have never been around people who "do it like bunnies" or who "talk about it all the time", not even when I was in my teens *shrug*

I can identify with this. Growing up in teens there was talk about body /person preferences which I don't get, and looking back at uni days, there was defo euphemisms and stuff that I didn't cotton on to until someone pointed out, but nothing that gave a sense of rampant bunnying. I'm just not sure if my perception is because I can be quite oblivious or that it's genuinely the case. 

6 hours ago, MrDane said:

I have used a ton of expressions until I learned about my wife being asexual. Now I usually say “I could do with a date tonigth?”

1• it is usually a reminder of the agreed upon schedule.

2•it is me, who wants

3•it is still possible for her to decline or give a rain check

4•we both know that I would like sex, but saying ‘date’ can also just refer to ‘being together in a relationshippy close manner’ and gives her a way to think about what she will be ok with putting on the menu.

I think that you're really sweet for handling it this way :-) got a big awwwwwww from me. 

2 hours ago, m4rble said:

This may be the most disgusting euphemism for sex. Why would you(general you) want to use a metaphor that involves destroying the most precious, irreplaceable part of someone, the brain. I hate it when men use metaphors that make sex sound like a violent attack on a women, like when they say, "I destroyed her pussy" like destroying someone's body is something appealing. 

Hazarding a guess that testosterone filled ownership / defiling / Genghis Khan-ness (how many percent of the population are his descendents again?) are at work here. 

It repulses me too but I can sort of understand where it comes from. 

11 hours ago, Sally said:

Bonking

It is, however, silly.

6 hours ago, m4rble said:
14 hours ago, Jade Cross said:

If I were to say something "Im going to fuck that girls brains out" it gives an animalistic sense to the sentence.

It means to shut down all thought outside of the immediate, physical, action. Not to literally destroy the brain. The other one, however, truly is disgusting, both in meaning and word usage.

The "Roger's Profanisaurus" by the publishers is basically a whole book on euphemisms for sex, genitalia and bodily functions. The number of alternative terms for sex alone must be close to 100:o

"Profanisaurus" :lol: me gusta!

13 minutes ago, Skycaptain said:

The "Roger's Profanisaurus" by the publishers is basically a whole book on euphemisms for sex, genitalia and bodily functions. The number of alternative terms for sex alone must be close to 100:o

But they're made up, rather than being ones people use. 

As for fucking someone's brains out - it's a metaphor, basically the other side of the coin of being fucked senseless. It just means you're making someone feels like  so good they're entirely intensely in the moment, so much so that they can't have any coherent thoughts. For sexuals it's very definitely a *good* thing and animalistic in a good way. 

7 hours ago, Rhaenys said:

I've head "jook" being used here but I believe that's more a Jamaican term. Other Jamaican terms I know for sex is Dugu dugu and Grine.

As a Jamaican I can confirm we use those terms, but honestly, it's mostly used by children ("duggu-duggu" & "jook") and used by adults as a joke. Otherwise, I think most people say "fuck", "grine" and "sort out"

My personal one is romantic entanglements - covering everything from kissing to sex.

15 minutes ago, Tintinfan said:

My personal one is romantic entanglements - covering everything from kissing to sex.

Great!  It covers everything without being vulgar, offensive or negative.  Love it! 

everywhere and nowhere
2 hours ago, Homer said:

"Profanisaurus" :lol: me gusta!

There was once a very amateur Polish booklet called "Dictionary of ugly words", with obscene and sex-related words translated into English, German, French, Spanish and Italian, I think. On the cover was a pink piggy with a rather small, but visible penis... bleeeeh.

Btw, there is a book called "Dictionary of troublesome words" - just a linguistic helpbook organized as a dictionary, and written in a very nice, engaging way - and in the preface the authors clarify that it's NOT a dictionary of profane words... :lol:

Archived