vega57

People "fuck".

They "do it".

They "give you the BIG salami".

The "Horizontal Mambo".

"Slip you the 'One Eyed Snake'"

"Get DOWN".

"DTF".

If sex is "supposed" to be about "love", why do some people treat it so vulgarly...even if they're "in love"?

What other phrases/words have you heard/read sex as described?

How does it make you feel? 

"UHN UHN" with a pelvic thrusting gesture.

"You know..."

"Shagging"

"Engaging in consensual intercourse"

"Screwing"

I absolutely hate the phrase "making love". Really, the less vulgar euphemisms bother me far more than simple vulgar ones like fucking. I'm more averse to romance than sex.

1 minute ago, flagsforhippos said:

The British phrase 'a bit of how's-yer-father' is an odd one.

All British phrases for sex are odd. :P

I don't like it for example when I tell someone to F off and they said shouldn't *insert name* be doing that. Like really? 

I don't mind phrases like "Take me" or "make me yours" as they have such sweet scenes in the stuff I read but when they say let's bang or screw its like really? 

It makes me sad and uncomfortable. But when someone says "did it" or we "did you know IT" I don't mind because it is them being discreet or respecting someone who doesn't want to hear the word sex. 

11 minutes ago, flagsforhippos said:

The British phrase 'a bit of how's-yer-father' is an odd one.

Whoa....never heard THAT one, lol! 

And I LIVED in England for 4 years!!!

9 minutes ago, Lei_101 said:

I don't like it for example when I tell someone to F off and they said shouldn't *insert name* be doing that. Like really? 

I don't mind phrases like "Take me" or "make me yours" as they have such sweet scenes in the stuff I read but when they say let's bang or screw its like really? 

It makes me sad and uncomfortable. But when someone says "did it" or we "did you know IT" I don't mind because it is them being discreet or respecting someone who doesn't want to hear the word sex. 

Yeah.  *sigh*.  I get it. 

It's kind of like, ....  if sex is "supposed" to be "beautiful", then why do so many people make it out to be so..."low"...?

4 minutes ago, vega57 said:

Yeah.  *sigh*.  I get it. 

It's kind of like, ....  if sex is "supposed" to be "beautiful", then why do so many people make it out to be so..."low"...?

Probably because it was either how they were taught by friends or so or its also just how they view it

5 minutes ago, Jade Cross said:

Parking the car" (thank goodness this is rarely if ever used much anymore)

Oooooo.  Never heard that one before, Jade....:lol:

Artistofnoname
1 minute ago, vega57 said:

What is?  The descriptions or the topic?

The fact that people took the time to make so many words and phrases to mean sex.

Just now, Jade Cross said:

Actually, that was the result of censoring and tabboing the subject. Just like people make up their own particular language or code talk, people started doing the same with sex.

Hmm..  Never thought of it like that, Jade. But you're probably right on some level. 

And I don't mean that to be derogatory. 

Hmmm...again.  I guess *we* have these *terms* for a lot of life, period.  I mean, I'm thinking about getting married as becoming "hitched"...or, as becoming/married as being "hooked up the 'old ball and chain'". 

Why does this all have to be so negative, if it's supposed to be so positive?

Hmm..  Never thought of it like that, Jade. But you're probably right on some level. 

And I don't mean that to be derogatory. 

Hmmm...again.  I guess *we* have these *terms* for a lot of life, period.  I mean, I'm thinking about getting married as becoming "hitched"...or, as becoming/married as being "hooked up the 'old ball and chain'". 

Why does this all have to be so negative, if it's supposed to be so positive?

Though sometimes it is used as joke and not always negativity 

6 minutes ago, Lei_101 said:

Though sometimes it is used as joke and not always negativity 

Annnnnnd....how does someone know if it's a "joke"?

Its mainly between friends and that. Like the one girl heard us making a sex joke and she was like thats horrible to see it as such but then apologized once she realized that we were making terrible jokes. If you overhear someone saying things you can never know if its a joke or  not with the people unless you know them well.

32 minutes ago, Lei_101 said:

Its mainly between friends and that. Like the one girl heard us making a sex joke and she was like thats horrible to see it as such but then apologized once she realized that we were making terrible jokes. If you overhear someone saying things you can never know if its a joke or  not with the people unless you know them well.

Yeah.  I get that. 

But did the girl want to have sex with you?

Yeah.  I get that. 

But did the girl want to have sex with you?

I really hope not  XD but I have been asked if I wanted to hook up and I told the guy that was the crappiest and rudest thing he could say. 

flagsforhippos
1 hour ago, vega57 said:

Whoa....never heard THAT one, lol! 

And I LIVED in England for 4 years!!!

You must have been hanging out with a better class of people than the folks I pal about with then :D:P

everywhere and nowhere

Disgusting. Indeed (though I have noticed it before): how can people glorify sex as "THE ALLGREATEST THING!!!!!" and use such horrible words for it?

It's similar with words for a certain male body part used as insults... "prick", "dick" etc. all have the function of insults as well. You have probably heard that "Putin is a dickhead" (Путін хуйло!). ;) Men accuse each other of being dicks and at the same time think that this is the most important part of their bodies and that women lie when they say that penis envy is bullshit. ;) (For me it clearly IS bullshit, I feel sick if I try to imagine having one.)

However, honestly, one that bothers me a lot is the word "intimacy". The issue is that this word has become almost an euphemism for sex and it's just shocking how reductionist it is...

1 hour ago, Lei_101 said:

Probably because it was either how they were taught by friends or so or its also just how they view it

What makes people think that folks "get taught" how to do it or what to think of it?

As to the OP, "love" (or any kind of relationship, for that matter) isn't always a cakewalk or a bed full of flower petals. Sometimes it is, but sometimes it's mean, it's rough, it's dirty. People will express themselves accordingly.

I'm really surprised about the environment some people on here claim to live in. I have never been around people who "do it like bunnies" or who "talk about it all the time", not even when I was in my teens *shrug*

sometimes it just is "fucking" rather than... whatever else you could call it. *shrug*

Archived