My Gender?

Lord Pocky

Warning: mentions of dysphoria. 

Gender!!

Ah yes, the thing that made puberty a nightmare for me. I thought that I'd grow different parts! And when that didn't happen, I felt out of place and very wrong. 

When I turned thirteen, I started to question who I really was. The parts that grew on me didn't feel right, and I thought long and hard about which parts I really wanted. After some careful thought, I realized that I wanted male parts (flat chest/pecs and the dangly bits downstairs) 

So high school came around, and I realized that I wanted to be a boy during sophomore year yet was very unsure of how to tell others about it. So for the past almost three-ish years, I've been wanting surgery and hormones. 

I experience dysphoria daily just by looking at my own reflection. I hate when I see old photos of myself or having to wear obviously feminine clothes such as dresses or skirts. And hearing my name or being referred to as 'she' makes me want to crawl into a hole and sleep to get away.

One time my mom and dad were admiring me wearing a dress and I started crying and ran back to my room. I can't stand my reflection, I can't stand my own body because it's not the correct parts! 

Now, what name do I go by? For a while I've been testing different names and have gone with the name Jeff for about a week or two (I've been dealing with name trouble for almost two years now. Send help! XC ) but it still doesn't feel right! 

What pronouns do I use? He and him. 

So yeah, that's me (so far, I guess)

Ha ha, that's hilarious. I know two guys named Sam and one of them is my older brothers best friend! XD hope my impression hasn't been bad!

Lol! My guess is that the name Sam is pretty common. Also, good thing my impression has been good! Just curious, what name would suit my impression I've given you? I'd love to hear it, maybe it can help!

Thanks mate! I'm thinking of a name that'll go with my timid yet comical nature. Possibly starting with a J since my birth name has a 'j' sound in it already. 

Mm, I've gone with James, Jeff, and I'm thinking of Jack (yet it's very common and makes me think of a lot of cool characters and whenever my name i the same as a cool individual I try not to pick it cause I feel awkward. I don't know why that happens, lol)

Maybe you just don't want to feel like you're being compared to them? But I would keep in mind that people aren't going to associate whatever name you pick with all of the people or fictional characters you associate it with. Unless you pick Hitler or something.

Pfft! Ha ha ha! Yep, that's certainly on the 'don't name yourself this, ever!' List.

and yeah, I guess I wouldn't want to be associated with a character since it'd make me a little self conscious. And I'm also trying to find a name that's not biblical (me being an atheist could stir up some issues with finding a good name that starts with J) 

I saw the name 'Jebus' and almost snorted of laughter. The way I pronounce Jesus in a joking manner is that exact word, holy crap! XD

J. van Deijck

aww. :( *hugs* you're a guy like me and I'm going to eat every person who thinks otherwise. :3

I’d start by using the he/him pronouns on AVEN and see how it goes! It really helped me give a good insight genderwise 

Sam sounds like a cool name to me :D 

3 hours ago, [noize:injekktion] said:

aww. :( *hugs* you're a guy like me and I'm going to eat every person who thinks otherwise. :3

But you’re not just a guy, you’re my superhero :wub:  

*hugs everyone in an awkward short boy hug* you all are pretty freakin' great, ya know? *single tear* 

I think the name Jordan may be a good start, I'll see how it fits. I like how it's connected with the word 'river' since I really love water (I just can't swim in it when there are people in it cause I'm scared of being dragged down and drowning. Blame my brother and cousins for that fear, they did that shit to me constantly when we were all swimming as youngens, I actually started screaming and crying whenever it happened. Boys can be rough especially if you're the runt of the group XD)  

11 hours ago, Cup-of-cake said:

Now, what name do I go by? For a while I've been testing different names and have gone with the name Jeff for about a week or two (I've been dealing with name trouble for almost two years now. Send help! XC ) but it still doesn't feel right! 

I doubt that anyone here on the internet can suggest a fitting name for you.

The most obvious solution for getting a name in my opinion would be going to your parents and telling them “Congrats, you’ve got a son now name him!” Because it’s the parents duty to choose a decent name for their child after all. It’s the most simple and most traditional way how people get their names and you don’t have trouble with it anymore at all.

If for whatever reason you don’t want that or it’s not an option then making a list with possible options  you like, their meanings and their origins might help and then you can rank them and give them points according to different aspects that are important to you.
Websites like this one might help: https://www.behindthename.com
I always use that one along with others to find names for my fictional characters because I usually don’t have an idea how to name the character that is already complete in my mind but lacks a name. I personally am incredibly bad with choosing names for anything really no matter if it’s fictional characters or pets or a username.

J. van Deijck
4 minutes ago, Antihero. said:

Websites like this one might help: https://www.behindthename.com
I always use that one along with others to find names for my fictional characters because I usually don’t have an idea how to name the character that is already complete in my mind but lacks a name. I personally am incredibly bad with choosing names for anything really no matter if it’s fictional characters or pets or a username.

I have the same problem xD seems that the name is the hardest part :lol:even my Pr0xy got his name from a random hacker generator lol

4 hours ago, Jayce said:

But you’re not just a guy, you’re my superhero :wub:

aweeeee you always make me blush. :blush::wub:

8 hours ago, Wish Bear 🌠 said:

@[noize:injekktion] @Cup-of-cake I think it's pretty clear from both of your personalities that you are males.

thank you :3 it's really comforting since I usually get heavily misgendered by people who only know how I look like <_<

J. van Deijck
48 minutes ago, Cup-of-cake said:

*hugs everyone in an awkward short boy hug* you all are pretty freakin' great, ya know? *single tear* 

no you is. *hugs* :3

J. van Deijck
9 hours ago, Cup-of-cake said:

I saw the name 'Jebus' and almost snorted of laughter. The way I pronounce Jesus in a joking manner is that exact word, holy crap! XD

if you knew Polish language, and name like this would make you snort of laughter, too XDD

J. van Deijck
9 hours ago, Wish Bear 🌠 said:

even my name is there XD just in a different version :o

Thanks all of you for responding to this lil' boys dumb post. XD 

im thinking on trying the name Jordan for a while, and if it fits, it fits! 

On 11/11/2017 at 5:58 AM, Iced Milk Boy said:

I think the name Jordan may be a good start, I'll see how it fits. I like how it's connected with the word 'river' since I really love water

Why not River?  I've heard it used as a masculine name before.

Archived