What being asexual is

pudding24

I think that being asexual is really relaxing. I get to think about all of the things that I would want to do if I wasn't lol! I get to look at all if the people who are heterosexuals or homosexual thinking to myself, 'that must be pretty interesting'. Lol! I don't know, I think that being an asexual is pretty cool. I don't ever have to think about anything other than, 'that's probably cool.' Or 'that's really interesting.' When it come to people who are not asexual. I think that people like plants have the choice to reproduce but I don't think that it's that big of a deal. I just think that it's something that we do in order to keep our lives in order and see what's going to happen next. I'm not saying that having a baby is wrong because it's your life. If you find that to be harsh then maybe listening to my opinion may offend you. But anyway, I just think that there are so many other ways to express your joy and happiness without having sex. I'm not trying to be anti sexual I just really don't see the point. Reproduction is nice but do you want to do that?  there's adoption and things like that but if you don't want kids then maybe what's the point? I just think that it's something to do in your spare time and if you can find something that helps you explore your mind and that's what you want to do then do it. it's a saying that Nike has gone by for a while now and it has helped them sell alot of shoes. So I don't think that's its bad advice I just think that if someone wants to do something then they should do it.

Being a member of the cakeirino club (or ace) means something different for everyone. Some find it sorta hard to live with, while others are all good in the club with it. It's simply how the person perceives it. For me, being ace means that I find that there are many other ways of expressing intimacy without having to put two naked bodies together. 

However, people like sex for different reasons. It can be expressing love (even if us aces think there are other ways) or it can be for making a family together. Sexuals and aces think differently, so there will be varying opinions. Nothing is black and white, exactly.   

Guest Jetsun Milarepa

Yes, I agree. So much less to get tangled in. No heartaches, no spiteful retributions after being dumped...you just have to look around Hollywood and Westminster to see where it can all lead if not partnered with common sense.

When I told the only person I have ever told about my asexuality, his first reaction was that "that must feel soo good" and explained it with not having another need to satisfy like hunger or tiredness. I never thought of it that way, but I guess it is. There isn't something I feel like I need to do that at times can be difficult to satisfy. So when I think of it like that I feel pretty happy about it :) But at other times I'm sad because I feel like it makes life complicated sometimes.

I think it's interesting that some people find being on the asexual spectrum relaxing because there are a lot of times where I feel tense and on edge about my sexuality. It's almost like I get scared because I know people expect something from me that I can't/don't want to give them. I also get worried that people won't understand even when I explain to them about asexuality. There are times where I feel at ease because I know that I don't have to worry about satisfying sexual desires or urges but at the same time it makes me worried and anxious. It's a weird combination.

2 hours ago, anlin said:

When I told the only person I have ever told about my asexuality, his first reaction was that "that must feel soo good" and explained it with not having another need to satisfy like hunger or tiredness. I never thought of it that way, but I guess it is. There isn't something I feel like I need to do that at times can be difficult to satisfy. So when I think of it like that I feel pretty happy about it :) But at other times I'm sad because I feel like it makes life complicated sometimes.

Asexuals are not alone in that arena.  Believe me, there are plenty of sexuals whose lives are 'complicated' because they're not getting as much sex as they want, or because ONE  partner is insisting/wanting MORE sex than the OTHER partner is interested in having. 

15 minutes ago, the-spaceace said:

I think it's interesting that some people find being on the asexual spectrum relaxing because there are a lot of times where I feel tense and on edge about my sexuality. It's almost like I get scared because I know people expect something from me that I can't/don't want to give them.

Yes, unfortunately, that's true for many. 

I also get worried that people won't understand even when I explain to them about asexuality.

You don't owe anyone sex, nor do you owe anyone an explanation about what your asexuality is.  A simple, "I'm not interested" should suffice.  Unfortunately, there are a lot of people out there who are not mature enough to handle 'no'.  Some think they're entitled to sex or that they *deserve* to have sex.  Makes it difficult for those who don't want to do it. 

3 hours ago, the-spaceace said:

I think it's interesting that some people find being on the asexual spectrum relaxing

There is no such thing as an "asexual spectrum". Asexuality is one extreme end of the sexuality spectrum. It's a fixed point - either you do experience sexual attraction/desire at some point or you don't. There's nothing spectrum-like to it.

As to the topic, asexuality is about 0,0000000001% of my personality.

Archived