When will AVEN hit 100,000 members & how should we celebrate?

Snao Cone

100,000 members  

34 members have voted

1. 1. When will AVEN reach 100,000 members?

• Before November 15, 2017
    • Between November 15 and November 22, 2017
    • Between November 23 and November 30, 2017
    • Never, because AVEN will mysteriously disappear some time between 0130 and 0330 Central Time on November 27th
    • On or after December 1, 2017

As of me typing this, the member count at the bottom of the forum main page is 99,279. That means we're 721 away from 100,000! Which is a significant number in this base-10 system that we call life.

The poll above is for when we're going to reach that number. However, I'd also like to have some discussion below about how we should celebrate as a community. Any ideas?

Ha! I've thought about making a post about this for the past few days, but I thought it was still a little early, and I wasn't sure which forum would've been best for it, whether "Celebrations," "Site Comments," or "Off-A."

I was going to say, "So, we're going to celebrate with 100,000 cakes and cake photos, right?" :D :P 

We already have, though, haven't we? Because most members who joined in 2016 or 2017 have a 6-digit member number. I'm not quite sure why the number on the front page doesn't match up with that.

straightouttamordor

Wish someone would fund all 100k of us to a convention smack dab in the middle of the country where all could attend. I'll ask Warren Buffet next time I see him Lol. 

1 minute ago, prib23 said:

Wish someone would fund all 100k of us to a convention smack dab in the middle of the country where all could attend. I'll ask Warren Buffet next time I see him Lol. 

I know of a place we can have it...

That's right: DICK WINDOW'S!!! Tagging @Puck

Cake. A lot of cake.The motherload of cakes. World's biggest simultaneous cake eating day. 

Honestly, if only there was a way of playing music on the forum like a radio tho. :o

5 minutes ago, TheAP said:

We already have, though, haven't we? Because most members who joined in 2016 or 2017 have a 6-digit member number. I'm not quite sure why the number on the front page doesn't match up with that.

I'm not sure why the numbers are different, but I'm going by the one on the front page.

Siimo van der fietspad

Number of current members is 99279, not total ever. Some members might have deleted their profile or got banned or lost in the wash when we had the Great Downtimes of 2015/6. That is why member numbers go over 100k.

Of course, not all 100,000 members are asexual (some are heterosexual with asexual partners), but most are, and I still thought people would like to celebrate it, anyway. You know, any excuse to post cake photos....:D 

AwkwardAxolotl

However we decide to celebrate, I'm pretty sure it will involve cake in some way, shape or form.

Put a temporary graphic of a banner across the top of the screen that proclaims the matter with enthusiasm?

Maybe a cake baking contest, post pictures of our own cakes and vote on the best. I WOULD ENTER.

atladancegif.gif~c200

My dudes/dudettes/whathaveyou... d'you know what this means? It means we could probably rule a small country. 

Forums I used to be in had this annoying confetti programmed to fall across the screen or a banner as someone suggested. Thpugh I'm down for bombarding everyone with cake pics.

41 minutes ago, Polygon said:

atladancegif.gif~c200

My dudes/dudettes/whathaveyou... d'you know what this means? It means we could probably rule a small country. 

Also we could have our own seat in the Canadian parliament if we lived in one area.

Ooh, we could start an Arcade game of 100,000 cakes where people post pictures of cakes and we try to get to 100,000. I mean, it's entirely pointless but so is Arcade in general!

3 hours ago, Polygon said:

atladancegif.gif~c200

Right! Let's rent lichistine for a day!

Or take over the channel islands

Hermit Advocate

Everyone bakes themselves their favorite cake and eats it in the comfort of their own home. No one else in the world knows what is happening. But we know, we know. 

4 hours ago, Snao Cone said:

Also we could have our own seat in the Canadian parliament if we lived in one area.

We could try to arrange that. :D

Cake with 100,000 candles! We celebrate by creating a fire hazard! :P

Ruru+Saphhy=Garnet
11 hours ago, Rhaenys said:

Forums I used to be in had this annoying confetti programmed to fall across the screen or a banner as someone suggested. Thpugh I'm down for bombarding everyone with cake pics.

I agree!

Bombard with as many cake pics as possible!

cat-eats-cake-1.jpg

7 hours ago, Hey you in the corner said:

Everyone bakes themselves their favorite cake and eats it in the comfort of their own home. No one else in the world knows what is happening. But we know, we know. 

I can do that :D  I'll wear purple nail polish for the occasion too ^_^

44 minutes ago, Ruru+Saphhy=Garnet said:

I agree!

Bombard with as many cake pics as possible!

cat-eats-cake-1.jpg

So cute!!!! :wub:

Ruru+Saphhy=Garnet
33 minutes ago, Rhaenys said:

So cute!!!! :wub:

I knoooooooow!💖💖💗💗💖💖 I fell in love with this pic when I saw it!:wub:

Archived