Wonderful start into the week everybody!!!

Hey, everyone!

I am Nicole and a newbie here!:D

My discoverie that asexuality isn´t just an insult but a huge part of who I am got me to reach out and.. well here I am...8)

I have been going through my memories and keep having this "I should have realized" moments, but in reality I couldn´t have possible realized I am asexual because it´s just not a thing around here. An insult, nothing else.... How was I supposed to know?

Which is why I had to stare at the "Asexuality isn´t" post of someone on tumblr and my heart began beating real fast at the "You are not broken. You are valid" written on thr Ace Pride flag.

And then my mind began to whirl and I was just stomped. Shocked and so utterly happy I thought my cheeks would burst...

That was a bunch of days ago.

I reached out on tumblr first and came out to my friends. Their questions keep confirming that I am really happy to know who I am. Finally. At the age of 26. Really happy. And of course then, in quiet moments I began to question that. And kept confiming it for myself and the people I asked were so very wonderful and helpful that I managed to stay upright and just.. happy most of the time!! :)

Sorry I am babbeling :redface:

Anyways I am here now and I am happy to be myself and be valid.

I hope you enjoy the new week!!!

Wish you all well!!

Nicole

HI! Welcome!

I'm an ace from Australia (the one with the kangaroos) :D

Welcome! :) That's awesome that finding out about asexuality helped you to feel happy about yourself.

Image result for coolest cake

Welcome Nicole! It's great to hear that you discovered asexuality.  I'm sorry to hear that you heard of it as an insult first, I hope someone wasn't being rude to you, and that it was just a misunderstanding.  Anyway, I hope that you enjoy it here, and that you find all of the answers you're looking for. :) 

pancakecake.png

Welcome! :cake:

Looks like you had some quite emotional days. But you sound quite happy with what you experienced which is great!

I'm sure you'll enjoy AVEN just as much as we all do here! :)

Hey!

So glad for you that finding out you were asexual was such an exciting moment :D 

Welcome on Aven!

Résultat de recherche d'images pour "cake"

Hello there, and welcome to AVEN! :cake:

As part of my welcome to you, I'd like to point out some important threads that might be helpful in your first few days here. :) The Terms of Service is here. We recommend you read it over, and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to send either myself or any other administrator or moderator (the "admod" team, as we're called) a message.  Also, there's a handy forum called Site Info, which has some useful information including a thread outlining who moderates which forum. If you ever need something done in or have questions about a specific forum, please message the mod of that forum. And if you have problems with the site in general, or any single member, please message any admod. 

The following are also nifty links to take a look at:  Welcome Lounge Mini Manual | Welcoming 101 | Quick Guide to the Forums | Asexuality FAQ's

Again, welcome to AVEN and I hope your stay is everything you hoped!

Thanks. For all of your wonderful welcomes, and that many cakes I fear I will not be able to eat anything else for a while now *smiles*

Now I am feeling happy for reacing out as well:)

Wish all of you a wonderful, amazing evening and remaining week!

Kind regards

Nicole

On ‎11‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 11:06 AM, Lichley said:

Welcome Nicole! It's great to hear that you discovered asexuality.  I'm sorry to hear that you heard of it as an insult first, I hope someone wasn't being rude to you, and that it was just a misunderstanding.  Anyway, I hope that you enjoy it here, and that you find all of the answers you're looking for. :) 

pancakecake.png

What kind of cake is that? And where can I find the recipe? O.O

It's pancake cake! I got it from here but the post says that Jamie Oliver made it, and the link doesn't work. You could just google it though. :) 

Archived