What's my romantic orientation?

rebecca_is_ace

rebecca_is_ace

OK, so I've recently started college, and have got what I can only describe as my first crush on a guy in my class. Except, what I've noticed is that I don't always fancy him. Mist if the time I don't fancy him when I'm with him but I do when I'm not, so it's like I'm attracted to the idea of having a relationship with him. But then there are a few times when I fancy him when I'm with him and when I'm away, then there are days when I don't fancy him at all. There's also the slim possibility that I think I'm attracted to him when really I'm in admiration over how kind he is to me. Nobody has really been that kind to me before. So basically this is all a mess and I have no idea what to identify myself as. I've been looking for a way to describe myself since last year, and I am pretty sure I am somewhere on the Aromantic spectrum due to the lack of crushes I've had, but I don't know where 😂 Somebody said I could be Lithromantic (or Akoiromantic) but somehow I feel that doesn't really fit. Maybe it does and I haven't realised yet...

Any help would be appreciated!

(P.S. it may be worth noting that the only real "crushes" I've had are celebrity ones that are obviously not achievable)

Hi,

I think you might be in the gray side of the spectrum.As far as I understand the feelings change over a time.You might be a gray-asexual.And you pointed out "real crushes" being celebs.Well I think they being not achievable is not the thing you should really care in here.If you sexually feel anything towards that crushes even if they are achievable or not that would be a huge hint.If you like guys sexually you might be sexual more than you think,if it changes overtime you might be gray-a,if you seem sexually attracted to people who you have strong bond with you might be demisexual. I can't say something because at the and that is your sexuality and you have to understand it on your own.I can only inform you about the terms.But for me it seems like you are a heterosexual gray asexual.

Good luck with finding your sexual and romantic identity.It can be really long journey sometimes. 

rebecca_is_ace

@caetxln thank you so much for your reply! I know I definitely identify with asexual, and I am thinking I might identify as grey-aromantic for now as I feel like I am somewhere on the Aromantic spectrum. Guess I just need to keep searching till I find a label that really fits! That is very true, at the end of the day it is all up to me to decide and figure out. Thank you very much!! 😄

Archived