Stepping Stones (share your gender journey progress!)

DevinLynx

Discovered something new about yourself and your gender identity? Transitioning? Reached a gender "milestone"? You can share your news, big or small, here! :)

As for me, I'm excited! I just got my new insurance cards with my new name on them in the mail last week! ^_^

I recently hit 1.5 years on Testosterone, and while I have mixed feelings about it, I may have my hysterectomy this month. That opens me up to potentially have the first stage of metoidioplasty as early as next summer. 

I have all the documentation to amend my birth certificate too, so that's on the horizon as well.

238 days on T, and high hopes for surgery this upcoming summer!

butterflydreams
3 hours ago, Mezzo Forte said:

I recently hit 1.5 years on Testosterone, and while I have mixed feelings about it, I may have my hysterectomy this month. That opens me up to potentially have the first stage of metoidioplasty as early as next summer. 

I have all the documentation to amend my birth certificate too, so that's on the horizon as well.

You're a machine, Mezzo. I'm envious. :cake:  I'm still waffling on whether the birth certificate is worth the effort or expense.

I've been telling testosterone to take a hike for over two years now and been living my life as the woman that I am for over 600 days. And that one always gets measured in days because I earned every one of them.

1 hour ago, butterflydreams said:

You're a machine, Mezzo. I'm envious. :cake:  I'm still waffling on whether the birth certificate is worth the effort or expense.

I've been telling testosterone to take a hike for over two years now and been living my life as the woman that I am for over 600 days. And that one always gets measured in days because I earned every one of them.

Aw thanks, I consider myself a pretty fortune person to be able to move at this pace. :) I've technically had the documentation to fix my brith certificate for a while, I just haven't gotten around to mailing it in. Pretty sure the birth certificate is cheap to amend, ( definitely cheaper than the passport anyways,) not counting surgical expenses at least. I really just want to knock out all the surgery before I turn 26 so I can get it covered with my family's health insurance. That way, when I need to get my own insurance plan, I only need to find one that covers HRT.

Pressure's on finding a good surgeon for metoidioplasty though, because my former top choice has recently gotten a few lawsuits filed against him that concerns his follow-up care. Who knows if I'll end up with a surgeon who has a wait list either, so working with my current timeline is a touch daunting.

Siimo van der fietspad

- Corrected 'Mr' to 'Mx' on every student's diary cover. Regularly correcting kids on it, they will remember in time. About to ask my bank to change it (they will)

- After a week of much better sleep patterns and not watching kids blather unsubstantiated LGBT pop-psychology on YouTube I have settled on defining as trans non-binary. No hormones, but going to steadily get a lot more femme. I plan to properly learn to sew so I can make dresses, skirts and other girly things without the awkwardness.

Just asked my closest friends to start adding in they them pronouns when they refer to me within the group :3 A bit scary, but exciting! I was unsure, but now that I've asked them to, it feels so right! 

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing big really but having always struggled with my feminine side I think I'm finally coming to terms with it and how it fits along side my gender.

I don't think I have changed much in that regard, I am just educated about everything now. :P I have learned to accept who I am much more than I previously have. 

I've definitely got more comfortable with myself.  I know a year ago I would have been having anxiety attacks every day over the idea of being out or talking to transphobic people, but now when I think of those things I mentally tell them to suck my ass.  I mean... doesn't mean I will come out publicly anytime soon in general, but mental health-wise I've gotten better. 

For me at least, not being in that headspace, is an improvement.  I'm the kind of person whose brain never shuts up, so to have it be so quiet as of late is really nice yet simultaneously foreign.  Because of this, too, I've realized that I do fall within the asexual community, which when I first joined I didn't think fit me.  Being in a relationship, too, has made me come to this realization, and since they are on the asexual spectrum as well it made it really comforting to not feel alone in what I'm feeling.

Yay for shit making sense for once! :D   

For quite some time, I've identified either as agender or I have no idea. Recently I had a chat with a trans friend, and I started linking up a lot of feelings I had in the past, and realised I really am more trans than I originally thought. The friend also helped me get over the idea that I "didn't have enough dysphoria to be trans". So yeah...guess I identify as trans now. Nothing is set in stone, still trying to figure myself out, but this is the most accurate I can describe myself now.

also this is why you might see me around here a bit more

999papercranes

In addition to ordering two binders on Saturday, I got my first "guy" jeans today... turns out I'm the same size as my twin brother. Thought that was kind of funny. They fit better than I thought they would. I had to get them in skinny fit so they wouldn't drown my chicken legs, but they don't hug every curve and they're great! :) 

I bought some male underwear for the first time yesterday. I've been wanting to for quite a while but I've been too scared of being judged or 'found out' at the till. It took me several hours to work up the nerve and I don't think I spoke a word to the cashier out of fear that my voice would give me away (if I wear enough layers of clothing I apparently appear quite androgynous) but I managed to do it. 

I've also got my reduction surgery scheduled for the 29th December. I'm hoping that making my chest smaller and more proportionate will help me confirm if my dislike of it is rooted in gender or just size/sexualisation (why must my anxiety make me uncertain about absolutely everything?). After I've recovered enough, I'd like to try binding again, as with the current size it's impossible to do it well enough without resorting to dangerous measures.

• 5 months later...

Going to be getting top surgery early next month. Wish me luck! I am hoping the recovery won't take too long.

Mezzo Forte
On 5/14/2018 at 11:51 AM, DevinLynx said:

Going to be getting top surgery early next month. Wish me luck! I am hoping the recovery won't take too long. 

Best of luck! I had my top surgery just over a year ago, and it still blows my mind how immediately that procedure eradicated my chest dysphoria. It helps to mentally prepare for a rough recovery, but you can definitely still hope for the best as you prepare for the worst. I hope you have a far faster and smoother recovery than I had!

Alex the Queer

for over a year now i’ve been alex. however, i’ve only come out to a small handful of very close friends and my parents (the latter of which hasn’t exactly gone well. but we’re working on it). i wanted to fully come out at school at the beginning of this year, but my anxiety got the best of me and i backed out. i’ve now decided that i’m 100% going to come out and stop going by my dead name at the beginning of this next year, and i’m having my partner force me to go through with it no matter what. i refuse to deal with this 💩 any longer. and honestly, even just making this decision is a huge thing for me

I had male breast augmentation last year, getting comfortable with my new additions. Not sure if this would be positive or a set back. It finally hit me with warm weather I can't go out shirtless to pools or the shore. It just hit how I'm going to look / present basically male with noticeable boobs

While I'm happy with the results and all i feel some what nervous/ maybe anxiety over going out just wearing my swim trunks and a swim top

Another One
On 11/5/2017 at 8:53 PM, Mezzo Forte said:

Congratulations!!!

I'm a bit envious, I want hysterectomy so badly.

But I'm approaching 1 year mark since my top surgery. The best year of my grown-up life!

Mezzo Forte
5 minutes ago, Another One said:

Congratulations!!!

I'm a bit envious, I want hysterectomy so badly.

But I'm approaching 1 year mark since my top surgery. The best year of my grown-up life!

Thank, congrats to you too!! I just celebrated my one year mark since top surgery last week, so we're definitely in the same boat there. :) I'm so happy to be done with chest dysphoria and binding forever!

I'm actually coming up on 6 months post-hysto soon, and it's definitely a relief knowing that I'll never face another shark week for as long as I live and that pregnancy is literally impossible for me now. While estrogen was a huge source of dysphoria for me and I'm glad I don't produce it anymore, it does make me worry more about my medical reliance on T, and I hope I don't regret my decision not to preserve my eggs. (Preservation was not economically or psychologically viable for me at the time, and it wasn't worth the risk to my finances or mental health when I'm unlikely to ever want kids.) There was also some history of cervical and ovarian cancer in my family a few generations back, so that's one less thing to worry about too.

I hope you can get your hysterectomy soon! My hysto was far easier to physically recover from than top surgery, even of it was the more dysphoric recovery process, though that sounds like it might not be as big of an issue for you since the enthusiasm may help carry you through recovery. :P I wish you all the best!

Archived