AVEN Server Fundraiser

michaeld

WinterWanderer

Just watched the AAW video that's linked in the gofundme page. So cool. I didn't know that aces in LA actually collaborated with the writers of "Bojack Horseman."

I wish I could donate. :( Keep up the awesome work, everyone! ^_^

17 hours ago, Fioryn said:

Just watched the AAW video that's linked in the gofundme page. So cool. I didn't know that aces in LA actually collaborated with the writers of "Bojack Horseman."

Yep.

Done $10 to the pot

SithAzathoth WinterDragon

I wish I could help :( but YAY WE'RE ALMOST THERE :D

12 hours ago, sunmarsh said:

Is there a deadline/date that the campaign ends?

^_^ Hi. Since no one else has answered, I'll try. Usually, on Gofundme, campaigns end once the donation goal has been reached, but, sometimes, campaign starters choose to extend their donation goal to a higher amount. So, far, since AVEN's campaign goal hasn't been changed to a higher amount, it looks as though they're choosing to stop once they reach $3,000.

Thanks, Philosopher. :)

Hopefully, it will end soon. Our new servers are wonderful. With our old one, we would go down very frequently. The new servers do cost money, though.

AVEN is a very busy place, with nearly 100,000 accounts and millions of posts, and a lot of other activity, we need a strong and reliable server.

Thanks to everyone for helping. :cake: 

Thanks to everyone who has donated :)

SQLs were a big problem before we updated last year and the fluidity of the forum is something to be very thankful for

EIGHT HUNDRED EIGHTY EIGHT DOLLARS who is the hero who did this for our lovely community?????

On 9.11.2017 at 3:13 PM, Snao Cone said:

I'll save that as a bonus for when we reach 100%.

*waits* :D

Also, it's called avenhundred aventy eight

4 hours ago, Snao Cone said:

EIGHT HUNDRED EIGHTY EIGHT DOLLARS who is the hero who did this for our lovely community?????

Yes. Wow. It's also possible that it was one organization's or group's donation, such as a school, college, church, workplace, etc. On other campaigns, a few who donated a single, large amount said that the entire amount was from several donors in their community.

Yay! We're over the line! Thanks so much everyone who either donated or helped in any other way. I'll have a word with DJ as to whether we keep this up or close for now, given we reached our target. :)

*celebrates with everyone* :D Yay! Go us!! Many thanks to everyone that donated! :cake: And even if you couldn't donate, that's ok. : ) You contribute just by being a part of AVEN!

9 hours ago, Snao Cone said:

four part word club? Four four four time deux!

5 minutes ago, Midland Tyke said:

four part word club? Four four four time deux!

Good idea pour next year.

Lotta_Biscotti

WHOA! 888 dollars! Super impressive, what a great thing to see! Looks like AVEN's got its server funding for a year, and a cherry on top! :D

22 hours ago, michaeld said:

Yay! We're over the line! Thanks so much everyone who either donated or helped in any other way. I'll have a word with DJ as to whether we keep this up or close for now, given we reached our target. :)

I'd say keep it up; I'd rather throw in some cash without Paypal biting off a chunk.

On 11/18/2017 at 7:55 PM, michaeld said:

Please let us know - I didn't get paid in time.

On 19.11.2017 at 9:04 PM, Frankentan said:

Please let us know - I didn't get paid in time.

It's still on at this point :)

Perissodactyla

On Giving Tuesday (Nov. 28), donations to non-profits made on Facebook will be matched by Facebook and the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, until their $2 million fund has been claimed. Facebook users can help their favorite non-profit (hint, hint) by creating their own fundraiser that their friends will see and respond to. 

• 4 weeks later...
Perissodactyla

I remember the old server that was used before the upgrade in 11/2016.

Thank goodness there is a stable server now.

Thanks to those who make it possible.

22 minutes ago, Snao Cone said:

Already done, Tyke. You may have missed it.

What? How did that happen? Is it in this thread?

Archived