What is my sexual identity?

Hi. I have recently discovered how complex the sexual spectrum is and I was wondering where I could be positioned. I'm not asexual, 'cause sometimes I experience sexual attraction but I never really want to have sex with anyone. Can you help me to identify my sexual identity? Am I part of the Ace Umbrella?
Thanks for the help

Having fantasies doesn't make you not ace. All being ace requires is not wanting to have sex. Fantasy is different than reality. So, don't count yourself out of asexuality just yet. Ultimately though, you decide where you fall on the sexuality spectrum. Whatever feels right, just ease on in to it.

Hey there! Asexuality is, like so many other things, a spectrum. You could therefore be part of the asexual umbrella while experiencing sexual attraction. Nobody can tell you what to identify as but some labels that you could look into are greysexual, demisexual and autochorissexual. Good luck!

1 hour ago, Urmeline said:

Hey there! Asexuality is, like so many other things, a spectrum. You could therefore be part of the asexual umbrella while experiencing sexual attraction. Nobody can tell you what to identify as but some labels that you could look into are greysexual, demisexual and autochorissexual. Good luck!

Thanks. I have a doubt about greysexuality: someone says it is a bridge between asexuality and sexuality and somebody else says it's an alternation between a period of sexuality and a period of asexuality. Wich one is right?

52 minutes ago, Ind said:

Thanks. I have a doubt about greysexuality: someone says it is a bridge between asexuality and sexuality and somebody else says it's an alternation between a period of sexuality and a period of asexuality. Wich one is right?

Well you might have to ask someone who identifies as greysexual. I think both is true. Greysexual is an area between sexual and asexual and thus describes people that are anywhere in between. That could be people that experience periods of feeling more sexual and more asexual or it could be people that very occasionally experience sexual attraction or other people that see themselves on that part of the spectrum. It might just depend on the person.

35 minutes ago, Urmeline said:

Well you might have to ask someone who identifies as greysexual. I think both is true. Greysexual is an area between sexual and asexual and thus describes people that are anywhere in between. That could be people that experience periods of feeling more sexual and more asexual or it could be people that very occasionally experience sexual attraction or other people that see themselves on that part of the spectrum. It might just depend on the person.

Ok. Thanks for the attention

On 11/3/2017 at 9:42 PM, Ind said:

I lean towards the former, but there is no "right" or "wrong" her. Labels are chosen by people for different reasons. No single person can speak for all greysexuals.

Actually, there's an ongoing discussion about finding a definition here:

http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/162198-please-let-us-establish-a-strong-definition-for-greysexuality/

By the way, did someone offer you cake yet? Have some... :cake:

• Like 1

asexuality isn't a spectrum.  you experience SA - the innate desire to have sex with someone (males/females/both) for whatever reasons - or you don't (neither).

On 11/3/2017 at 8:29 PM, Urmeline said:

Asexuality is, like so many other things, a spectrum.

To avoid misunderstandings and pointless terminology discussions: There is a spectrum from sexuality to asexuality. But please don't call it the asexuality spectrum, because only the very end on the dark side is asexuality. How about the grey spectrum, or the sexuality spectrum?