Art History?

neighway

1 hour ago, arekathevampyre said:

@neighway 

aww that is such a cute painting !! 

have you heard of the song 'Vincent' by Don McLean ? Is is a very old song but I heard it in school and I like it (btw I am not that old haha) 

http://www.youtube.com.sg/watch?v=4wrNFDxCRzU

I always liked that song. (although it is rather sad it still sounds good)

Anyone ever watch the old Sister Wendy art series (on PBS in the US)? She was a real Catholic nun who was some kind of art expert I think. In her show she usually talked about one specific piece of art for the whole episode and got into all sorts of info about the art. Really taught me to appreciate some works more than I expected.

You can find lots of her videos on youtube if you search for "Sister Wendy".

arekathevampyre
Just now, daveb said:

Anyone ever watch the old Sister Wendy art series (on PBS in the US)? She was a real Catholic nun who was some kind of art expert I think. In her show she usually talked about one specific piece of art for the whole episode and got into all sorts of info about the art. Really taught me to appreciate some works more than I expected.

This sounds interesting :)

On 14/12/2017 at 5:43 PM, arekathevampyre said:

This would be on my travel list since I love Greek and Roman stuff too (not to forget : Egyptian) ;)

I love Egyptian stuff too arekathevampyre :) 

On 12/14/2017 at 9:56 AM, daveb said:

I always liked that song. (although it is rather sad it still sounds good)

Sister Wendy is still on sometimes. Usually as filler, like those Rick Steves bits. :)  I remember her talking about "something naughty" going on or being implied a lot. 

Archived