am i still demiromantic?

kittyblomu

I think I like this guy. At least, I'm pretty sure I like him.

But me liking him contradicts my demiromantic orientation because I don't know him very well and he doesn't know me very well.. does that matter? Does anything change? Should anything change?

Because I'm so new to the idea of not being straight anymore, I am afraid that any and all situations might change or somehow affect my orientations, whether it be me being aesthetically or emotionally attracted to somebody or me actually liking the person.

I'm not even sure if I like him or if I'm just curious about him/emotionally attracted to him. I do really want to get to know him better and the maybe-lith part of me is not really active because I want him to like me back? If I even do like him? 

I dunno. I'd really appreciate if someone were to give me a little bit of insight on this.

Sometimes things change as we grow older, have more experiences, and learn more about ourselves! I didn't realise I wasn't asexual until I was 28 when new experiences showed me that I could actively desire and enjoy certain types of sexual intimacy under certain circumstances.. but that's not scary or freaky or anything, it's just you learning more about yourself! Also, you don't have to necessarily be 'straight' just because you crush on someone without knowing them that well.. maybe just not as demi as you thought? I still don't ID as 'straight' even though I now know I'm not asexual, straight just doesn't fit me well at all. Maybe you're more 'slightly regular' romantic than you thought, but only time will tell!! There is nothing wrong with not being demiromantic though, you're still cool however you are ^_^:cake:

I'm demiromantic and I get crushes on ppl I don't know as well but the difference for me is that I categorize them into "amusement crushes" which I know won't amount to anything plus I forget about them after a short time and "actual crushes" where I'll be more deeply involved. So I guess it depends on what and how you feel for the guy.

These things change a lot sometimes so don't worry too much about it if you don't feel demi.

Moved from Questions about Asexuality to Romantic and Aromantic Orientations.

TheAP

Questions about Asexuality co-mod

Guest Deus Ex Infinity
On 3.11.2017 at 8:47 AM, FictoVore. said:

Sometimes things change as we grow older, have more experiences, and learn more about ourselves! I didn't realise I wasn't asexual until I was 28 when new experiences showed me that I could actively desire and enjoy certain types of sexual intimacy under certain circumstances.. but that's not scary or freaky or anything, it's just you learning more about yourself! Also, you don't have to necessarily be 'straight' just because you crush on someone without knowing them that well.. maybe just not as demi as you thought? I still don't ID as 'straight' even though I now know I'm not asexual, straight just doesn't fit me well at all. Maybe you're more 'slightly regular' romantic than you thought, but only time will tell!! There is nothing wrong with not being demiromantic though, you're still cool however you are ^_^:cake:

Perfectly phrased :D I wouldn't worry too much about lables anyway. Your happiness and balance is all that really matters. Just go or do what ever makes you feel right. There's nothing to loose but making a new experience along the way. No matter how things will turn out in the very end. Just go and give it a try ;)

On 2.11.2017 at 9:47 PM, FictoVore. said:

Thank you so much! I'll definitely think about this! :D

On 3.11.2017 at 1:22 AM, Syrthia said:

You might be grayromantic 

I just did some research on this and it fits me really well, actually. I connect with all three bullet points AVENwiki lists.

I'm not sure, but I'm really liking it.

Thank you for your comment!

On 3.11.2017 at 3:55 AM, Rhaenys said:

I'm demiromantic and I get crushes on ppl I don't know as well but the difference for me is that I categorize them into "amusement crushes" which I know won't amount to anything plus I forget about them after a short time and "actual crushes" where I'll be more deeply involved. So I guess it depends on what and how you feel for the guy.

These things change a lot sometimes so don't worry too much about it if you don't feel demi.

Thank you so much! This was very reassuring to read haha.

Yeah, there will be times where I think someone is good looking and will be interested in them, but those attractions fade after a while. ("A while" meaning a week or two). And other times where I'll be, like you said, more deeply involved, for lack of another way to put it. But in no cases will I desire a romantic relationship with them. I mean, I've thought about it, but it doesn't really interest me. However, if the guy I liked (if you were to use the "more deeply involved" scenario) actually asked me out, that might change. I'm not sure yet.

On 4.11.2017 at 5:03 AM, Deus Ex Infinity said:

Perfectly phrased :D I wouldn't worry too much about lables anyway. Your happiness and balance is all that really matters. Just go or do what ever makes you feel right. There's nothing to loose but making a new experience along the way. No matter how things will turn out in the very end. Just go and give it a try ;)

Thank you so much aaa!! This really helped! :lol:

The Gnat (Natalie)
On 11/3/2017 at 8:55 AM, Rhaenys said:

I have the same thing, and I've heard them called 'infatuations' whereas crushes are only the longer-lasting "real" crushes. I feel like that's been a helpful mental distinction for me, but I still just refer to all of them as crushes. Best example is celebrity whatever-you-want-to-call-thems. They're really probably best categorized as infatuations or maybe squishes, but I still call them crushes 😜

Archived