Interested in androgynous men and drag qeens

blayzze

Hi!

Okay so i think I've always been hooked on androgynous men/drags but i pushed it away for awhile (i did the same with my asexuality) probably because "it's not normal" and i'm from a really small town were it's taboo to be different.

I like masculine men too, it's not strictly androgynous/drags. I've had a hard time accepting myself and still struggle with it, and to tell my friends/family would be really tough because they will automatically think that I'm just a lesbian who struggles to accept her own sexual orientation and "messes up" with androgyny and so on.. This has made me rethink if I am really straight or if there's something else there, i'm probably not entirely straight but i'm not bi either. I don't want a romantic relationship with a woman or somebody who identify as a woman.

Anybody else with similar experience and feeling? I've never met anybody like me, either they are straight,bi or gay there is no inbetween.

People like what they like. Sounds like you've found your "type," but your type is outside of the norm in your town. And that's the key. It's not common in your place of living, but that doesn't mean it's uncommon in other areas. My best friend is mainly attracted to skinny, metrosexual men with big noses. My mother likes a complex mix of metro and macho in very tall men of mixed middle-eastern heritage. You like androgynous men and men in drag. I have a friend who likes androgynous women, sure he's dated feminine woman, but his most drawn to women who are androgynous. It's all perfectly normal, you've just not grown up with it.

In simple terms, I'm bi. Romantically, I'm attracted to men about 70-80% of the time, and can only seem to develop lasting romantic feelings for men. So I only pursue relationships with men. (Unless I ever find the exception to the rule with a woman, in which case I will happily pursue a relationship with that woman.) Labels are supposed to make things easier, but if they don't, then don't bother with them.

My best friend and I have huge interests in androgynous and fem men. My "type" switches often, but feminine guys and guys with pretty hair in makeup and "girl's clothes" always make their rounds. I am pansexual with a preference for women and my friend is... bi or maybe heteroflexible? She's not sure and has only been into men so far.

Archived