Aromantic but with a preference for girls...

j a c k

Hey :D

It took me forever to conclude that I was aromantic and I think at the time I was terrified at the thought of possibly being a lesbian so I ignored all possibility of me liking girls. 

That was a few years ago, but I'm 18 now and I've accepted and even welcomed the fact that I find girls really pretty and I don't feel as scared as I was then. 

Until recently I still shoved away any ideas that I may possibly enjoy dating girls but the more I think about it the more I'm up for it? I don't think kissing is something I'd ever initiate myself - I never feel attracted to people like that so I definitely think my aromanticism still stands - but I think if a pretty girl wanted to kiss me... I don't think I'd mind at all. 

I don't really know what to do with this information?? I barely feel anything for males... I think I'd rather do literally anything else than kiss or be romantic with a guy. But girls? Sure, I don't mind the idea of that at all.  

So while I feel like the aromantic label still fits but now it's more... aromantic but with a preference for girls?? 

Anyway, I needed to get this out of my head. If anyone else has similar experiences please share! Might help me wrap my head around this! ^_^

SamwiseLovesLife

Platonically drawn to girls? Aesthetically and emotionally drawn to girls?

Ruru+Saphhy=Garnet

Hey there!

I think that you:

• Are aesthetically and sensually attracted to women
  • Are possibly platonically drawn to women like same use loves life said.

I'm attracted aesthetically to women :wub:

And I'm platonically drawn to women. I'm open to dating a woman in terms of forming a QPR. 

Since you still say you are aromantic, perhaps you're just platonically attracted to women.

1 minute ago, Ruru+Saphhy=Garnet said:

Hey there!

I think that you:

• Are aesthetically and sensually attracted to women
  • Are possibly platonically drawn to women like same use loves life said.

I'm attracted aesthetically to women :wub:

And I'm platonically drawn to women. I'm open to dating a woman in terms of forming a QPR. 

Since you still say you are aromantic, perhaps you're just platonically attracted to women.

I think that's spot on??!!!!?

I have been trying to think of the wording for ages to describe it and I think sensual is pretty spot on! I was thinking that platonic and aesthetic attraction are apart of it but I just didn't think that was all of it!!

Thank you!!!! 

12 minutes ago, SamwiseLovesLife said:

Platonically drawn to girls?

Yus I think platonic is a part of it :D

Thank you for trying to help me out!!

everywhere and nowhere

To be honest, I just don't understand the supposed fundamental difference between the romantic and the platonic. Each relationship is unique, so how can they be rigidly classified as "romantic" or "not romantic"?

30 minutes ago, NewAce7 said:

Yeah!!

Now i know am platonically and aesthetically attracted to women,

Thanks Hattiie  for asking this question.

no problem! Glad I could help!

Ruru+Saphhy=Garnet
6 hours ago, Hattiie said:

I think that's spot on??!!!!?

I have been trying to think of the wording for ages to describe it and I think sensual is pretty spot on! I was thinking that platonic and aesthetic attraction are apart of it but I just didn't think that was all of it!!

Thank you!!!! 

You're welcome!!!!💖✌👍

6 hours ago, Ruru+Saphhy=Garnet said:

I'm open to dating a woman in terms of forming a QPR. 

WINK WONK RURU+SAPPHY=GARNET

even if i am genderweird

I Love To Love and Be Loved

And to stay on topic, I too have a preference for women!

wassup! i'm aro ace with a sensual & aesthetic attraction to girls! definitely down for physical affection (including kissing) from/with girls, but not really with boys further than, like, hugging my guy friends.

Pam just wants pancakes
22 hours ago, Tos said:

wassup! i'm aro ace with a sensual & aesthetic attraction to girls! definitely down for physical affection (including kissing) from/with girls, but not really with boys further than, like, hugging my guy friends.

Same but with guys. I’m aro ace with aesthetic attraction to guys but I also experience sensual attraction towards guys very rarely. However it’s like this: 

On 10/26/2017 at 1:21 PM, Hattiie said:

I think if a pretty girl wanted to kiss me... I don't think I'd mind at all. 

I wouldn’t mind if a pretty girl wanted to kiss me. To em it doesn’t matter if it’s a guy or a girl because I almost never experience sensual attraction. 

On 10/26/2017 at 1:21 PM, Hattiie said:

don't think kissing is something I'd ever initiate myself

That’s true for me too. I’ve only kissed guys before but only because they’re the ones that “made the move” so to speak, and I just went along with it. 

Archived