trapped in an ace ring

the duchess starla

arekathevampyre
Just now, Syrthia said:

I thought this was a cult at first

like those religious cults ? Yeah now that you mentioned it , it does sound a little like it . :D

arekathevampyre
34 minutes ago, the duchess starla said:

wow. i am litterally sitting in bed with a necklace right now...... :/

me too !!

arekathevampyre
42 minutes ago, Fioryn said:

I've accidentally worn a necklace to bed a couple times. Once, when i woke up, it had become twisted around itself in my sleep, and tightened against my neck. The other time, I woke up and found it on the floor across the room. So yeah, I'm careful not to wear jewelry to bed now.

I wear a necklace to sleep . So maybe I am indeed increasing my chances of getting killed in my sleep by inanimate objects :D:P

the duchess starla
3 minutes ago, arekathevampyre said:

me too !!

my god....... lizards......Illuminati......world gov......its all clear now! THE UNIVERSE IS A HOLGRAM BECAUSE BLACKHOLES DELETE THE INFORMATION OF PHYSICS AND ALL WE KNOW IS A LIT! THIS IS GETTING HELLA LIT

arekathevampyre
1 minute ago, the duchess starla said:

my god....... lizards......Illuminati......world gov......its all clear now! THE UNIVERSE IS A HOLGRAM BECAUSE BLACKHOLES DELETE THE INFORMATION OF PHYSICS AND ALL WE KNOW IS A LIT! THIS IS GETTING HELLA LIT

hahahahahahaha ;)

the duchess starla
1 minute ago, arekathevampyre said:

hahahahahahaha ;)

yeah bitch u better laugh 8)

arekathevampyre

bahahaha but me no b***** cause I am agender and it means i don't identify as any gender and the b word is meant for girls exclusively ;)

12 minutes ago, the duchess starla said:

lol, and the worlds best gramma award goes to......... XD 

:lol: Oh dear, is my Southerner syntax showing again? Dang it. Oh well. Anyway, I'm just stubborn enough that I ain't gonna correct it now, even though I could. :P Y'all should really cut me some slack, I haven't had any tea yet this morning. And besides, I woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't get back to sleep again for hours.

Why yes, the suffering of a close relative does make tea better! MWAHAHAHA! 

the duchess starla
Just now, Planet Ace said:

:lol: Oh dear, is my Southerner syntax showing again? Dang it. Oh well. Anyway, I'm just stubborn enough that I ain't gonna correct it now, even though I could. :P Y'all should really cut me some slack, I haven't had any tea yet this morning. And besides, I woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't get back to sleep again for hours.

Why yes, the suffering of a close relative does make tea better! MWAHAHAHA! 

no, i meant gramma as in grandma :)

2 minutes ago, the duchess starla said:

no, i meant gramma as in grandma :)

Oh! I totally misread that. There's only a one letter difference between "grammar" and "gramma," and I missed it completely, lol! Wow, I guess I'm even more tired than I realized. 

Getting some tea ASAP. Or maybe coffee, might need that more. ☕

the duchess starla
5 minutes ago, Planet Ace said:

Oh! I totally misread that. There's only a one letter difference between "grammar" and "gramma," and I missed it completely, lol! Wow, I guess I'm even more tired than I realized. 

Getting some tea ASAP. Or maybe coffee, might need that more. ☕

lol, its ok, i just needed to have better gramma ;)

1 minute ago, the duchess starla said:

lol, its ok, i just needed to have better gramma ;)

Hahahaha! :D 

the duchess starla
2 hours ago, Syrthia said:

it is a cult, idiot. havnt you seen the mexican sit coms?

4 hours ago, Syrthia said:

Us at the Scottish AVEN meets long identified as a cult! :lol:

Has this happened with any other metal rings? I think there's such a thing as allergies to certain metals, that can cause swelling among other problems. Ceramic, wooden, or silicone rings usually solve these problems and also have the benefit of being easily destroyed for emergency removal. 

P.S. Was totally expecting a metaphorical ring, up to and including a bunch of aces standing in a circle and chanting. :P Turns out literal rings can also become literally stuck. Who'da thunk it. 

It's a sensible cautionary tale, as Tungsten Carbide, in particular is a very difficult material to cut through. 

Should anyone else find themselves in a similar situation ice, a bag of frozen peas and similar may attenuate the swelling enough to remove the ring 

35 minutes ago, Skycaptain said:

It's a sensible cautionary tale, as Tungsten Carbide, in particular is a very difficult material to cut through. 

:oThat's what my ring is made off.

Though mine I think is a bit on the large side (the ring nearly slips off after washing my hands).

I did have a ceramic one that broke, so decided to go with one that could last better with possible clumsiness, but carries that risk.

Just googled it and there is ways to safely remove Tungsten rings apparently by cracking it with vice grips which hospitals should have in case of emergency. Apparently it's quicker and safer than cutting into other metal rings, though I'd still encourage caution (and to avoid being an extra drain on medical time and resources)

On 10/26/2017 at 7:47 AM, arekathevampyre said:

good cautionary tale !!

To everyone who want to be metal rings , I will advice you to buy a thinner band ring made of a lighter metal so it will be easier to remove . 

If you want to buy a thicker one , it is advisable to size up a little for comfort .

Or else you can look for silicone wedding bands . They work well for those who wear it all the time and is able to endure gym/workout and suitable for most workplaces . 

I'm going with a rubber o-ring used in air or hydraulic applications.

Apostle of Carlin

Ouch!

I'm glad my tungsten ace ring is a bit big. Tungsten is virtually indestructible.

Oh my gosh that must have hurt. I can relate to your experience as it also happened to me. I used to wear the ace ring day and night for some years, and the ring part of my middle finger eventually got thin and it hurt over time, so I had no choice but to live without the ring. Well, no one was noticing it anyway :/

I guess this is one of the less anticipated quirks of being ace. Not if you are eating purple-dyed cakes everyday..

Great. I'm not going to fall asleep with my ring now.

• 4 weeks later...
arekathevampyre
29 minutes ago, Ronald Race said:

Lol, I mean, what the connection is with being "ace"? I'm extremely new to all this.

oh damn . I am sorry haha

Okay I guess it is because lots of aces here own a tungsten ring (but I don't) 

Archived