trapped in an ace ring

the duchess starla

the duchess starla

so, i had gone to bed with my ace ring on, this was 2 or 3 years ago. the next morning though, i woke up, and i felt a strange sensation of soreness in my middle finger. my middle finger that was the one with my ace ring on it.....i held upmy hand and lo and behold, it was red and fat up past the ring. my finger, was swolen, and it hurt to move. i tried to get the ring off, as my finger mysteriously swelled in my sleep, and so the ring was cutting off my circulation. but my ring WOULD NOT COME OFF. itried soap, a string, youtube tutorials on getting rings off sswolen fingers, i even tried to cut it off. but the ring was made of a strong metal, and would not cut. my finger eventually started turning purple, and so my mom was going totake me to the emergency room so i would not LOSE my middle finger. but my grandma said "WAIT I WANT TO COME" and we waited.....meanwhile im in more and more pain.....she comes back after 3 minutes, and we realize we just waited for her to make tea for herslef in the microwave. good going grandma. anyway, so i get to the emergency room, and this man has a tiny round saw blade machine thing and hes cutting off myring with a metal thing also between my finger and the ring, and my GOSH it hurts. i joked that i was getting a relaxing manicure and how lucky i was to miss a bit of schoolto be spoiled rotten with spa treatments. but really it HURT. i told yhe man how my grandma made tea and put off my trip to the emergency room for the microwavable erbal goodness that was oh so much more important thenmy potential missing limbs.  after the man got the ring off, it left behind a bluish greenish grey ring stain around my finger, and a ring shaped dent to boot that hurt to touch. it was there for a few days afterwards. i couldnt wash it off. when my grandma came back with my mom after the ring was cut off, the man asked her "oh was your tea?" in a joking way. my grandma groaned in an annoyed whine. no, shes not senile, shes always been that way. shes just selfish sometimes. anyway, needless to say, i now have a wooden ace ring thats slightly loose. so theres a tale of caution for allyou ace ring wearers.   :rolleyes:

SamwiseLovesLife

This is totally not what I thought this was gonna be about :')

Wow okay, that was a story XD

I also thought it would be some kind of metaphor for something XD

Thanks for the cautionary tale though! :cake:

arekathevampyre

good cautionary tale !!

To everyone who want to be metal rings , I will advice you to buy a thinner band ring made of a lighter metal so it will be easier to remove . 

If you want to buy a thicker one , it is advisable to size up a little for comfort .

Or else you can look for silicone wedding bands . They work well for those who wear it all the time and is able to endure gym/workout and suitable for most workplaces . 

the duchess starla

yes i can see how you would all think it would be a metaphor. but it is ironically quite literal! XD

Ah jeez. Yeah, it's generally not a good idea to wear any kind of jewelry when you sleep, but especially not rings. Hands  (and feet and lower legs too) swell a bit when we sleep, so if the ring you're wearing don't fit quite right in the first place it can definitely get stuck and cut off circulation, as the OP found out. Glad you didn't lose the finger! 

"Wait, wait, I want to come too, just let me grab some tea right quick!" :lol: Haha, OMG, that's hilarious! That would have been me, I'm sorry to say. Can't start the day without a cuppa tea, lol. Although I'd like to think I would have waited and gotten some at the hospital instead, even though hospital tea is generally abysmal. 

arekathevampyre

Sometimes you can actually feel a tingling sensation in your fingers before it actually swells so take the ring off if you feel a weird feeling in your fingers - just to be safe

SamwiseLovesLife
2 hours ago, the duchess starla said:

what did you think it would be about?:cake:

Some sort of metaphorical 'trapped by Asexuality' thing :P This was funnier (sorry to laugh at your pain.. I'm cruel)

WinterWanderer

Yikes! That's good to know. Glad you were able to remove it.

I've accidentally worn a necklace to bed a couple times. Once, when i woke up, it had become twisted around itself in my sleep, and tightened against my neck. The other time, I woke up and found it on the floor across the room. So yeah, I'm careful not to wear jewelry to bed now.

the duchess starla
9 minutes ago, SamwiseLovesLife said:

Some sort of metaphorical 'trapped by Asexuality' thing :P This was funnier (sorry to laugh at your pain.. I'm cruel)

lol thats ok, i look back at this and laugh to XD 

the duchess starla
6 minutes ago, Fioryn said:

Yikes! That's good to know. Glad you were able to remove it.

I've accidentally worn a necklace to bed a couple times. Once, when i woke up, it had become twisted around itself in my sleep, and tightened against my neck. The other time, I woke up and found it on the floor across the room. So yeah, I'm careful not to wear jewelry to bed now.

wow. i am litterally sitting in bed with a necklace right now...... :/

the duchess starla
13 minutes ago, arekathevampyre said:

Sometimes you can actually feel a tingling sensation in your fingers before it actually swells so take the ring off if you feel a weird feeling in your fingers - just to be safe

yes, very true.......unless your asleep. god im an idiot for getting myself into these sticky situations. :blink:

I thought it would be about someone trapped in a circle of evil magic-using aces. :P 

the duchess starla
14 minutes ago, TheAP said:

I thought it would be about someone trapped in a circle of evil magic-using aces. :P 

lol, very creative XD you mean monks?

arekathevampyre
15 minutes ago, the duchess starla said:

yes, very true.......unless your asleep. god im an idiot for getting myself into these sticky situations. :blink:

I got my rings stuck before too . Blame it on my laziness - too lazy to remove them . But luckily the soap worked but damn , the dent was really deep and it took a while to fade . 

I still wear them 24/7 now lol 

because I am a rebel 

the duchess starla
1 minute ago, arekathevampyre said:

I got my rings stuck before too . Blame it on my laziness - too lazy to remove them . But luckily the soap worked but damn , the dent was really deep and it took a while to fade . 

I still wear them 24/7 now lol 

because I am a rebel 

lol it really seems so XD does anyone ever say anything aboutyour rings?

the duchess starla
36 minutes ago, Planet Ace said:

Ah jeez. Yeah, it's generally not a good idea to wear any kind of jewelry when you sleep, but especially not rings. Hands  (and feet and lower legs too) swell a bit when we sleep, so if the ring you're wearing don't fit quite right in the first place it can definitely get stuck and cut off circulation, as the OP found out. Glad you didn't lose the finger! 

"Wait, wait, I want to come too, just let me grab some tea right quick!" :lol: Haha, OMG, that's hilarious! That would have been me, I'm sorry to say. Can't start the day without a cuppa tea, lol. Although I'd like to think I would have waited and gotten some at the hospital instead, even though hospital tea is generally abysmal. 

lol, and the worlds best gramma award goes to......... XD          yes but, if she waited fr the hospital tea she would not have been able to enjoy my pain while she sipped her tea in the car on the way to the hospital, apparently the suffering of your grandchild makes tea taste all the better 

arekathevampyre
3 minutes ago, the duchess starla said:

lol it really seems so XD does anyone ever say anything aboutyour rings?

nah . since i am just wearing the black/silver ring (my ace ring) and another silver ring . But I am wearing it on my left middle finger though so no one know I am ace haha

the duchess starla
Just now, arekathevampyre said:

nah . since i am just wearing the black/silver ring (my ace ring) and another silver ring . But I am wearing it on my left middle finger though so no one know I am ace haha

so why do you wear it then? :cake:

arekathevampyre
Just now, the duchess starla said:

so why do you wear it then? :cake:

because I am vain haha 

okay no. It is because the rings have personal meanings to them ;)

the duchess starla

lol :D:P

lol COME SPAWN OF MY CHILD, THE LEMONY ESSENCE OF YOUR PAIN SOOOOOOOTHES ME. YES. MMMMMMM THE WARM SIPS OF PAIN

the duchess starla

because I am vain haha 

okay no. It is because the rings have personal meanings to them ;)

ok now my nosey self is all the more curious, shall i jump into this rabbit hole of mystery?

arekathevampyre
Just now, the duchess starla said:

lol COME SPAWN OF MY CHILD, THE LEMONY ESSENCE OF YOUR PAIN SOOOOOOOTHES ME. YES. MMMMMMM THE WARM SIPS OF PAIN

hahahahaha 

arekathevampyre
2 minutes ago, the duchess starla said:

ok now my nosey self is all the more curious, shall i jump into this rabbit hole of mystery?

Go ahead if you wish . Maybe pm me ? 

Archived