Spiritual reason for asexuality

Celticdruid

Dunno what a spiritual connection toward it would be like.....

But people that lean towards it in what way? They don't care about feeding their sexual desire? That would be under Gray-(hetero/homo/bi)sexual.

May be totally wrong, but for me people who are 'abstaining' for spiritual or religious reasons are not 'asexual'.  I have always explained it this way.  Substitute Cake for Sex.....

There are three types of people:-

Those who like cake.  Cake can come in many different flavours, with or without icing, with or without fruit, etc so there's generally something to suit everyone.  Those who like cake will try a few different ones until they find the one they like best, and they will eat that cake happily all their lives.  They may experiment occasionally with other flavours  etc but they will always want and eat cake.

Those who like cake but are abstaining from cake for a reason.  That might be health, religion, spiritual or other reasons.  However that doesn't mean that they don't still think about and desire eating cake, they just aren't at the moment.  They may go back to eating cake, they may not, but they still have a physical and mental desire for cake.

Those who don't like cake.

I fall into the latter category, and therefore I identify as asexual.

Do you mean like how some people are inspired by Tibetan monks' spirituality, who live celibate lives, that are different from most people in the world? Are you trying to say that some people might see asexuals or asexuality in a similar way, as being spiritual and inspiring to others who may not be asexual, themselves, or that being asexual might cause asexuals to feel or be more spiritual?

Nope. That's just celibacy.

I’m referring to the new energies on earth since 2012, allowing people to remember who they really are and come into their own power....ie, asexual. Or whatever.......

Do you mean astrology, like this?  http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/esp_2012_02.htm#2012: Ascension, Rebirth & the Dimensional Shift

That's the only thing I could find, when I searched "new energies on earth since 2012."

https://www.collinsdictionary.com/us/dictionary/english/astrology

AVEN was started in 2001, so people have been discovering they were asexual before 2012.

Alejandrogynous

Still not entirely sure what you mean by spiritual connection. Are you suggesting that spiritual people are more inclined to be asexual, or vise versa? Either way, I'd put a resounding 'no' as my answer. People can certainly be one or the other or both, but neither has any inherent effect on the other.

1 hour ago, Celticdruid said:

I’m referring to the new energies on earth since 2012, allowing people to remember who they really are and come into their own power....ie, asexual. Or whatever.......

The only 2012 'spiritual' event I can think of is the Mayan calendar's supposed end of the world (or beginning of a new one). Or did something else shift that I'm not aware of?

1 hour ago, Celticdruid said:

No.  Sexuals remember who they really are.   And there are many, many different religious beliefs in the world, many of which are represented on AVEN by asexuals, so your claim regarding  new energies since 2012 doesn't have anything to do with any particular orientation.   

Its ok Sally...i was just referring to something...not claiming anything.

im dropping this subject now as i seem to have rattled a cage that was not my intent to do so.

Would you say ur kinda talking about being aware and having the ability to acknowledge humans and desire deeper connection, where as all these fuck rabbits running round the clubs look like the only time they have deep thoughts is when they're undet water? Hahaha I don't think asexuality comes into it, but maybe a more proneness, and I wouldn't say spirituality but maybe depth? Most people on here seem to have something proper to say 

I lived all my life without knowing i am asexual, and not even knowing that such a thing exists. When i started practicing spirituality, i discovered that some traditions include dropping all sex life, and it was a great releif for me that something allows me to justify my desire for non-sexual life. Without it i was living asexually, but feeling bad about it. Now, discovering asexuality itself was eye opening experience to say the least.

everywhere and nowhere

Why not?

In more precise terms: I believe that what we need even more that awareness of asexuality is the notion that nobody HAS to have sex. That people should only do it if they really want to. Not having sex should be accepted as a perhaps less common, but just as valid a choice. Whatever is the reason for not having sex: asexuality, aversion, wanting to achieve spiritual enlightenment - everyone has a right not to have sex and not to desire sex. So I just don't agree with drawing a rigid distinction between asexuality and celibacy. Mere acceptance for asexuality won't necessarily benefit people who are celibate for reasons other than asexuality, more acceptance for celibacy-for-whatever-reasons will benefit asexuals too.

• 4 weeks later...

Yes, CelticDruid. I know exactly what you’re talking about. I believe I lost my sexual desire as I experienced my spiritual awakening. I have no desire for a physical relationship with another person as I am fulfilled by my relationship to the Source and higher consciousness. 

Archived