Hi I’m new here

Ozzyozzy

Hi I’m new here!

Ive suspected that I’m asexual for quite a while now but it has taken me years to come out to my self.

The first time I discovered about asexuality was when I was 13 and ended up on the AVEN website! But I felt so ashamed at the time. At school I was ridiculed for not dating anyone or being a ‘prude’. 

Over the past year I’ve been further educated about sexual attraction and well my lack of.  I truly thought everybody was like me, until someone explained what sexual attraction and I was like woah!???! My sister, who’s a similar age to me (school year below) is asexual too or at least on the spectrum.

Im currently 17, and luckily I have two other asexual friends in my college group who get me. However, it’s still quite rough because other friends tell me I’m broken or haven’t fully went through puberty. Sex is a major thing with people my age, and it’s so isolating to not want it?

Anyway, as it’s asexual awareness week I decided to come out to my friends. It was so liberating. Also after watching BoJack Horseman where Todd comes out I never felt so proud!!! Why should I be ashamed?!! This is who I am and I know sexuality is fluid but this is how I identify for now 

so that was a long winded hi :)

Hello there, and welcome to AVEN! :cake:

As part of my welcome to you, I'd like to point out some important threads that might be helpful in your first few days here. :) The Terms of Service is here. We recommend you read it over, and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to send either myself or any other administrator or moderator (the "admod" team, as we're called) a message.  Also, there's a handy forum called Site Info, which has some useful information including a thread outlining who moderates which forum. If you ever need something done in or have questions about a specific forum, please message the mod of that forum. And if you have problems with the site in general, or any single member, please message any admod. 

The following are also nifty links to take a look at:  Welcome Lounge Mini Manual | Welcoming 101 | Quick Guide to the Forums | Asexuality FAQ's

Again, welcome to AVEN and I hope your stay is everything you hoped!

seriouslyconfuzzled

That's awesome. I'm 25 and still having trouble even talking to family/friends about this. (I guess to be fair I just found out about asexuality recently but still) Kudos to you!

Welcome to AVEN! We've had quite a few bojack horseman fans come through here recently, so I'll bet you make yourself a fan group here ;)

pancakecake.png

• 4 weeks later...

Hi I’m so sorry for the late reply, I thought I’d get emailed notifications for some reason but I didn’t so I thought nobody wanted to talk to me XD thanks so much for the welcome 💜

Hello there! :cake: I'm also new to the forums.

Stay proud!

Archived