I'm thinking about asking someone to cuddle

Beaver Boy

I'm asexual but I want constant physical contact with my friends. For some reason, especially my guy friends. 

I have this one guy friend, and whenever we sit by each other and I'm tired, I just grab his arm and use it as a pillow.

I also make a lot of my friends hug me.

Just now, imahappynothing said:

I'm asexual but I want constant physical contact with my friends. For some reason, especially my guy friends. 

I have this one guy friend, and whenever we sit by each other and I'm tired, I just grab his arm and use it as a pillow.

Do you consider this physical contact to be in a romantic sense? Just curious, because I think I might be aromantic. Since finding out sensual attraction and romantic attraction are not necessarily the same thing, I think that amazing feeling I get whilst cuddling is sensual attraction and not romantic attraction.

12 minutes ago, Beaver Boy said:

Do you consider this physical contact to be in a romantic sense? Just curious, because I think I might be aromantic. Since finding out sensual attraction and romantic attraction are not necessarily the same thing, I think that amazing feeling I get whilst cuddling is sensual attraction and not romantic attraction.

No, not at all. For me it's just like if they agree to let me hug them, that means they care about me. Especially if it's a boy because in my school, if you have a comfortable relationship and neither of you are currently dating, you're promptly accused of liking each other. So the fact that they are willing to hug me means a lot. Plus, as a general rule, I'm closer to the majority of my guy friends than the majority of my friends that are girls. So their hugs kinda 'ground me', I guess.

But there is absolutely no romantic attraction between me and them at all. 

On 2/10/2018 at 11:18 PM, Wish Bear 🌠 said:

Except there could always be some creepy female who is pretending to be asexual and who "just wants to cuddle." :lol:

Ace-book was found to have a lot of involuntary celibates posing as asexual.

This kind of scares me , to be honest.

On 2/14/2018 at 11:32 PM, dentedcanoe said:

A couple of times a friend has said something like Yeah I just wanna cuddle/brush each others' hair! and then I'm like heck yeah but not sure how to actually make it happen.  I am not great at being affectionate. 

I've been fantasizing about things like doing someone's hair and having movie night sleepovers . My touch threshold is a bit lower than cuddling, though. Like I do like  hugs, but I don't really want to be cuddled when I'm laying down...being close though sounds nice .  I've noticed when I really really like someone I poke them a lot. I have a heterosexual friend who actually has a lower touch threshold than me (kind of weird...like she's okay with kissing and things, but doesn't really like being touched by most people at all outside of that context) but she got to the point that she finally accepted my pokes and it made me super happy :)  (I didn't really know that it bothered her to be honest until she finally told me and then she was like 'oh but it's okay now').  I found that really funny about me...I noticed it..

6 hours ago, spazzticsoda said:

but she got to the point that she finally accepted my pokes and it made me super happy

hahaha... That sounds great! I don't really want to poke anyone though. It's great to hear different types of sensual attraction we all have.

22 hours ago, Beaver Boy said:

Ahh, so it's your fault that I suffered that incident ^_^ . But seriously, thanks for the sympathy. Coming out to myself as ace and possibly aromantic or akoiromantic has helped a lot.

I'm glad you're learning more about and accepting your identity! I know it's been super relieving for me; It's a great feeling when things finally make sense

• 3 months later...
On 12/30/2017 at 11:06 PM, nate-1234 said:

"......................  with a kind girl that is thick and curvy, big breasts, hips, and thighs. I imagine she would really comfortable to snuggle with and that she would be loving. Also, if it's not a girl then I want a guy who is much bigger/muscular, taller, and .............. "

Yes, it appeals to me.

I adore cuddling, and the extreme form of cuddling (?) which for me is being lifted and carried in strong arms, softly, effortless, SAFE .. 🙂  A powerfull girl would be first choice 🙂 .. a similar guy 2nd.  I dream of getting into a powerfull tactile lover (she/he) vs. sweet doll (me) relationship.  Asexual, of course :P  

On 2/28/2018 at 1:32 AM, Miss Who said:

I'm also totally cuddle-ready ! 🙂  

I also adore lapsitting while talking , then cozily hide in an arm safely around me while my feet dangle above the floor...  and oh yes, I'm male 😁 and adore this on a welcoming female lap 🙏

Archived