Questions about arousal

Hi,

I believe I am sensually, ascetically and, I think, romantically attracted to guys (I am female). I have had one or two real crushes on a guy. So I think I am asexual. However, I have never had any sexual arousal. I enjoy kissing and cuddling but do not feel that it triggers any biological sexual response. I just like the connect it gives between people. From what I gather online, most ace people have sexual arousal but it is not directed at individuals. So I am wondering where this leaves me. Will I feel aroused later in life or will I never feel it? I'm 19 by the way.

Not all asexuals feel sexual arousal. You could be a non-libidoist, which means that you don't have any sex drive in addition to not feeling sexual attraction.

By the way, I've removed your duplicate of this topic.

• Like 1

If I am non-libidoist now, might this change as I get older? Could I just be a late bloomer?  Also, can non-libidoists still get aroused if physically stimulated? Are there some people who never become aroused even if touched? Sorry for the overload of questions.

Hello, 

Have you ever been further than kissing and cuddling? I am/was the opposite way around. I felt like I could in parts feel aroused by people however whenever it came to physical contact I felt indifference so perhaps it is the other way around for you. 

I hope that made sense if not I will try explain it better.