Confused as to what I am

Sam.pete..

So the other day I relised around my friends that I didn't particularly care when someone they called good looking came around or was on tv. I find people cute and the occasional hot but other then that I don't really find a need for sexual relationships or any relationship other than friendship. I wonder if it's just I've read to many books and my standards are too high or something but I found this forum and was wondering what others would say because I'm not that comftorble sharing this with my family. 

First off, welcome to AVEN!! I hope it can be a great resource for you.

I want to start by pointing out that not everyone feels sexual attraction based on looks. Many sexual people (whether homo, hetero, bi...) feel that attraction based on things like another's personality, their intellect, their mannerisms, an emotional bond, or a mix of some or all of these things. It's really great that you know that looks aren't important to you in a sexual way, that's a good thing to learn!

Now, if you truely have no interest in having a sexual relationship now or at any point in your life, that would suggest that you are indeed asexual. And if you don't want any relationship at all, that probably means you are aromantic (which is a word for people who are not interested in romantic relationships at all so you see how I came to that conclusion :P).

Feel free to bum around these forums and see if the experiences the ace/aro (which are words that mean asexual and aromantic) folks here have are something you can relate to. Feel free to ask questions along the way; no one on this forum is an expert but we all are happy to share what we've learned :)

All the best! :cake:

Archived