I

Welcome!

Sexual attraction is separate from wanting sex, and also, there are many types of attraction, platonic, romantic, sexual, etc.

Just post a question if you want to know more, there are plenty of people who can help you.

I hope what I say isn't insensitive or incorrect, and please don't take my word for it because I don't have any knowledge on this. But if you regularly experienced sexual attraction, had a sex drive, etc. and it stopped suddenly, it might be a medical issue rather than an issue of sexuality. Again, I don't know what I'm talking about at all, but if you haven't already it may be a good idea to see a doctor about this. I don't mean to imply that there is anything wrong with you but I think that a sudden lack of sex drive may be a symptom of something else going on. 

• Like 1
celestialwhims

Yes, I would have to say I agree with @brinasrsly. It's true that you definitely could be asexual, and obviously, with this being AVEN, I am not discouraging that at all! However, this all seems very sudden for you. A sex drive doesn't always equal sexual attraction as others have said, as sometimes someone can be interested in having sex, but they are not sexually attracted to their partner (i.e. wanting the physical act of sex, but not sexually desiring the person you would have sex with. I know, it's a bit confusing.) It's not totally uncommon for some asexuals to experience this, so you many just be realizing your sexuality more as you age. Or, as they said, you might have a medical condition, which you should look into, just in case. Usually people here don't suggest that it's medical because a lack of sexual attraction is very normal, but if it's as sudden and intense as you imply, I would say going to a doctor might be best, just so that you can be certain that it's nothing more serious. Just please remember that everything you're feeling, medical condition or not, is entirely normal. Not desiring a sexual or romantic relationship is normal, not wanting sex is normal, not desiring people sexual is all normal, I promise. If it is a medical condition, you still aren't a freak. Don't be discouraged, you're going to be just fine, I'm sure.

Good luck to you, and I'm wishing you all the best! If it's a medical issue, I hope you can get it cured quickly. if you truly are asexual, I welcome you to the community, and I hope you can learn to accept yourself with confidence and love. xx