Changing my Desire ?

TMI and words from a sexual: i wouldnt bet on it! But perhaps try to start by working on your mindset towards 'it'! Change your focus. I try to accept my desires being un-met regarding sex and intimacy, but try to focus on what I do have. And I try to think about sex as more of a nice massage than sexy sex-sex!

I have a personal experience with antidepressants. They would increase my libido and make me want to have sex on the physical side, but would not change my psychological desire. It was like my body was compelling myself to do something that I didn't want to. When I stopped using them and accepted what I want I felt much better. 

I don't know how it could work out for you, but I agree with MrDane that a good start is to work on your mindset...

• Like 1

Experimenting with drugs has produced interesting results. I think the psychological stuff would be more difficult to alter, but not impossible. My SO developed bisexual interests despite being straight, by exposure to people who were homosexual. Of course you can argue he was bisexual the whole time, but he himself explained to me that it was due to specific things, that can appear in both biological sexes. Such as a feminine male dressing like a women, would produce a feeling of arousal that is usually strictly limited to females, to a straight person. 

So I kinda wonder if attraction works similar to a fetish. Where you are attracted to specific things, and one sex tends to have it exclusively. But since cross dressing and societal pressure has lessened in gender roles. I wonder if that is the reason there is an increase in other orientations opposed to straight.