Is it common for an asexual person to be disgusted by the behind rather than being attracted by it?

LittleLillie

Pretty much throughout my life, I've always thought that area of the body was nasty to be attached to(I'm too busy thinking about it being the place where crap comes from)  and yet it seems to have many(usually young teen boys) to find appealing, to be honest it always put a bad taste in my mouth when people talk about this stuff and I was wondering if anyone else have similar feelings about the subject.

well, some asexuals love butts and some find them repulsive, just as some sexual people find butts repulsive or at least, aren't attracted to them. I don't ID as asexual, but I'm only romantically attracted to men, yet I've never once looked at a man and thought 'oooooh nice butt' lol, men's butts are lame. Women's butts however, I often find aesthetically lovely.. I just have no interest in doing anything with them, haha. But yeah, I think it's more a personal thing than anything to do with one's orientation specifically.

Most of us on AVEN are not teen sexual males, so I doubt if too many people here are going to say they're attracted to behinds.  

• Like 1

I don't identify as asexual, and I'm not really interested to butts. I don't understand also when some people say "oh look at that nice butt, wouldn't you like to squeeze it?". As Victo, I may find some butts aesthetically nice, but I have no desire to do anything with them.

• Like 1

(I'm too busy thinking about it being the place where crap comes from) 

Yep, pretty much.

Most of us on AVEN are not teen sexual males, so I doubt if too many people here are going to say they're attracted to behinds.  

Oh, they're far from the only interested party...

To be honest, if anything I've heard more adult females talking about butts than anyone else.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Philip027 said:

Yep, pretty much.

Oh, they're far from the only interested party...

To be honest, if anything I've heard more adult females talking about butts than anyone else.

Adult female asexuals?  

I heard, that among all males there is a split: either boobs or butt. Theory goes, that men, who want children prefer women with big boobs (supposedly good for feeding), and men, who dont want kids, prefer butts.

1 hour ago, try again said:

I heard, that among all males there is a split: either boobs or butt. Theory goes, that men, who want children prefer women with big boobs (supposedly good for feeding), and men, who dont want kids, prefer butts.

lol well to be honest, in my experience there are many, well.. how to put it politely? 'pussy men' (and I don't mean cats lol) then of course there are leg men too. And I don't think whether or not a man wants kids has much to do with it :P Generally if a guy is actively looking for a woman to have children with, it's more her personality etc he's interested in. Physical things are still important for many people of course (not all, but many) but a guy looking for a woman to have kids with is generally focused more on the long term stuff (like what's happening in her mind, how mature she is, how naturally maternal she seems, etc), if that makes sense? ^_^

7 minutes ago, FictoVore. said:

lol well to be honest, in my experience there are many, well.. how to put it politely? 'pussy men' (and I don't mean cats lol) then of course there are leg men too. And I don't think whether or not a man wants kids has much to do with it :P Generally if a guy is actively looking for a woman to have children with, it's more her personality etc he's interested in. Physical things are still important for many people of course (not all, but many) but a guy looking for a woman to have kids with is generally focused more on the long term stuff (like what's happening in her mind, how mature she is, how naturally maternal she seems, etc), if that makes sense? ^_^

Yes, it does make sense. The only thing though is legs and other parts attraction i would see as fetishes, but boobs are genetically weired into brain as a factor in choosing a good future mother. Also, people who consider personality and other social stuff, will still get first impression by animal instincts. And those will be based on more primal factors. Sometimes, if primal factors are not met, it is a no go.

8 hours ago, LittleLillie said:

Pretty much throughout my life, I've always thought that area of the body was nasty to be attached to(I'm too busy thinking about it being the place where crap comes from)  and yet it seems to have many(usually young teen boys) to find appealing, to be honest it always put a bad taste in my mouth when people talk about this stuff and I was wondering if anyone else have similar feelings about the subject.

Place, where crap comes out of is pretty small and is of no interest to most of the butt lovers, i would say. The rest of the butt is rather clean, way cleaner, than, say, hands or face.

1 minute ago, try again said:

Yes, it does make sense. The only thing though is legs and other parts attraction i would see as fetishes, but boobs are genetically weired into brain as a factor in choosing a good future mother. Also, people who consider personality and other social stuff, will still get first impression by animal instincts. And those will be based on more primal factors. Sometimes, if primal factors are not met, it is a no go.

I have heard of this theory many times, but I never really agreed with a lot of it. I mean, for example, hips are extremely, extremely important.. more important than breasts. Because a woman with tiny breasts can breastfeed just as well as a woman with giant breasts (it's actually easier to breastfeed with tiny breasts, haha) but the thinner the hips are, the higher the chance a woman will have birthing issues, whereas extremely wide hips generally show a higher chance of being able to birth more children more efficiently, yet you get a lot more breast, butt, thigh, and er 'pussy' men, than you get 'hip men' haha. Also, a plumper woman has a much better chance of having a healthy baby than a woman with no fat on her body, yet many men (certainly not all, but many) are attracted to women like Freelee the banana girl (shudder) who are what they call 'fit thin', muscular but with not a shred of fat on her body, haha. So yeah, even though I've heard that whole 'attracted to the maternal physical traits' many times, even seen some research papers on it, it seems like quite a flawed theory when you take into account those other factors! Also, I know these days many people can develop attraction for people online before they have even seen a pic of them (it's happened to me!) so I, at least in some cases, it seems like it's something different that drives that attraction, that desire to connect on a sexual level with another person - sometimes it just goes so much deeper than the 'physical' that the physical is rendered unimportant :o

2 minutes ago, try again said:

Place, where crap comes out of is pretty small and is of no interest to most of the butt lovers, i would say. The rest of the butt is rather clean, way cleaner, than, say, hands or face.

Yeah for a lot of people, it's about the shape and curve etc. Some people like tiny little butts, some like huge big ones, but it's generally about the cheeks themselves :D On women, I think almost any butt is gorgeous, on men.. I'm only interested in one part of the butt and that has to be attached to someone I love and has nothing to do with physical appearance, but we won't get into that as this is a PG/13 site haha!

Yeah I have no attraction to butts or penises or boobs or vaginas. Well actually or any other body part. +Potentially eyes and smile and personality and smell though). They are just like any other body part to me. Every now and then I think it's kind of gross and weird that people are attracted to butts, but to each their own. I also think women's butts are interesting but not in any sort of sexual way. More like your butt looks awesome in those jeans. Where did you get those jeans I want them! Also because women tend to wear tighter clothing, you can often see their butts better than most men in baggier pants. Women have so much variety to their butts. It's almost like educational in some weird way to see how different people are built. I can admire and appreciate butts in clothing but otherwise they are kind of weird things. Ha ha.

For the life of me, I can’t see any attraction/appeal. They’re about as thrilling as toenails. 

• Like 1
everywhere and nowhere

I wouldn't say I'm disgusted by the behind. Men's are often rather ugly, but women's look good, of course it they are clean... But there indeed seems to be some mental conflict between this body part being used for... elimination of body waste and the same body part being considered sexy. Authentic question found on the web:

Do cute girls fart too, or only the ugly ones? I can't imagine a shapely, sexy, tempting bottom farting, is it possible?

Salted Karamel

Yeah I've never found any appeal to butts, aesthetic or otherwise. I don't understand why the idea of them being appealing is so pervasive.. Just another wacky allosexual thing I guess.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, try again said:

Every part of the body is someone else's fetish

Indeed. But I'm afraid if a toenail fetishist saw my "goods", they'd be most disappointed :lol:

Janus the Fox

Not a fan of butts myself, but the bf is big with them to the point of having a butt inflation, exaggerated size butt fetish on other men or in cartoon.  Compared to me, I really can't do anything with another persons butt with any other part of the body, again not my thing, not a big thing with many gay men I know, but there'll be others that will, at any point of the sexuality spectrum.

6 hours ago, Salted Karamel said:

.. Just another wacky allosexual thing I guess.

There are aces who love butts and sexuals who don't, it's a personal taste thing more than an orientation. At least two people who don't ID as asexual have responded here saying they don't necessarily see the appeal :P

Though I will concede that percentage-wise, a higher number of asexuals are uninterested than their sexual peers I imagine, especially among younger asexuals ..though at the same time I've met heaps of young ace guys who love butts lol so I sometimes wonder if only those who don't like butts (or boobs or whatever) respond to threads like this ^_^

I don’t personally have a problem with butts for the most part but I don’t really get some people’s absolute sexual obsession with it. Aesthetically speaking, it’s whatever; it neither excites nor disgusts me. My only concern is hygiene - I’m not terribly keen on touching any parts near the “extraction zone” TYVM.