Anyone else not had a girlfriend/boyfriend and not been on a date?

Divide By Zero

Divide By Zero

I've never had a girlfriend (or boyfriend) and, in fact, I've never been on a date. I don't think it's unusual or strange because I'm aromantic (and asexual). I'm curious to know if there are others out there who have never had a girlfriend/boyfriend and/or never been on a date.

Me. I rarely have crushes though, so I'm a Gray-biromantic Ace.

Meee !!! *raises hand*

I have never been on a date or kissed anyone. 

But i feel maybe i've missed out some crucial life experiences. 

I havent exactly been asked out either.A guyfriend once said we would have dated if we had met earlier...but i have no clue whether he was really interested or just kidding around. I feel guys are a bit scared of me and actively avoid me. 

Oh well,i'm an asexual romantic,so it really sucks for me !!! Good for u that ur aromantic.

everywhere and nowhere

I've been on a few dates, but it never worked out - proved by the fact that I've never been in a relationship and never kissed except for family members (now I don't kiss them anymore either, I have little need for physical contact - but as a child you often have little choice...). Not my preferred way of life - I'd like to have someone close, even though for example I don't think I could live together with a girlfriend, sometimes I just need to be alone... But then, it's a matter of priorities. If I could choose between being single and having a relationship according to my preferences - I could call it a "romantic friendship", perhaps - I'd gladly choose relationship. But if I had a choice between being single - even remaining single all my life - and having a relationship in which I would be expected to force myself to have sex, without hesitation I'd choose solitude. But perhaps it's not even a choice - I greatly doubt if I could ever "succeed" in forcing myself to have sex.

I haven't had an s.o. or ever gone on a date either! I am very romantic though.

Guest Deus Ex Infinity
10 minutes ago, Count Maksula said:

I haven't had an s.o. or ever gone on a date either! I am very romantic though.

*gives you her most charming smile* I think I  just heard a bell ringing..calling my name :P *bursts out into a bunch of cheerful laughter*

*kneels down in front of the mighty count*  Oh please..her my plea....!!!

J. van Deijck

I'm in a relationship, but I've never been on any date and I must admit I don't even know how it works :lol: what's even a date?

Guest Deus Ex Infinity
17 minutes ago, [noize:injekktion] said:

I'm in a relationship, but I've never been on any date and I must admit I don't even know how it works :lol: what's even a date?

You don't ever want to go for it! Believe me bro. It's just such a weird thing...mostly nothing but a waste of time. <_<

You'd just agree to meet up at a certain time and place with someone you cherish, trying to get to know that person on a more intimate level through ramdon daily flirty conversation (while trying to find out more about specific faves or dislikes, including (subtle) sexual themes eventually).

So yeah...blahhhh.

J. van Deijck
6 minutes ago, Deus Ex Infinity said:

You don't ever want to go for it! Believe bro. It's just such a weird thing...mostly nothing but a waste of time. <_<

I somehow have a feeling that it's something boring and cheesy, am I right? <_<:D

but wait. before things got official, we used to do lots of awesome things together, and we continue until today. does it count as dates? :P

Never had a partner, never been on a date, never kissed anyone, and I intend to keep it that way.

J. van Deijck
14 minutes ago, Deus Ex Infinity said:

You'd just agree to meet up at a certain time and place with the person you like, trying to get to know that person on a more intimate level through ramdon daily flirty conversation (while trying to find out more about specific faves or dislikes, including (subtle) sexual themes eventually).

eww... no, thanks. :mellow: XD

although some people accuse me of flirting with others and I have no idea why o.O"

Guest Deus Ex Infinity
6 minutes ago, [noize:injekktion] said:

I somehow have a feeling that it's something boring and cheesy, am I right? <_<:D

but wait. before things got official, we used to do lots of awesome things together, and we continue until today. does it count as dates? :P

Don't know. Just added a short personal description to my post for ya :D

<joins the club>

Which is not surprising seeing as I identify as aromantic.

Galactic Turtle

Nope. It seems like something I'd have to out of my way to do, like it's not something within my natural progression. It seems unnecessary. 

I am fast approaching the age or forty and I have never had a partner or been on a date, not even once. I might be open to such things if unplanned events just happen to steer my life in that direction, but I certainly wouldn't deliberately set out to get a partner or go on a date. 

I've had both boyfriends and girlfriends but have never been on a date, and I really don't feel dates are necessary. But that's just my opinion.  

Yep. Never been on a date or had a significant other in my 26 years and 5 months of being alive.

I've never dated, coupled, had a partner or anything along those lines. Even though I've had a few crushes, I've never really felt inclined to, nor do I really care to.

Yes. I've fantasized about being kissed or in a relationship, but I don't really know if it's for me: while others seem to be happy and enjoy having partners, I feel awkward whenever anyone shows any interest. The reality of it suddenly feels too complicated, and I'm no longer sure whether it's what I'd really want, anymore. That's why I thought I might be apromantic, rather than gray-romantic.

It's difficult to know, though. Seeing couples have children (even though I'm not interested in having any), I can't help but wonder whether I'm missing out on the joys of at least being in a relationship. Neighbors occasionally think I'm strange or that I'm lost because they see me do things by myself (i.e. they think I need someone to give me a ride, since I exercise alone; they've asked me whether I'm okay; where I live, etc.)

I guess they just think it's odd for a young person to be alone or they feel sorry for me, which I don't exactly understand, because I've seen other adults in my neighborhood exercise or walk alone like I do. Sure, it's not as common as seeing couples exercise together, but people doing things alone by themselves does exist. Plus, I can't help it if no one around me shows any interest in dating me.

Guest Deus Ex Infinity
3 hours ago, [noize:injekktion] said:

eww... no, thanks. :mellow: XD

although some people accuse me of flirting with others and I have no idea why o.O"

Me too but I'm usually aware of it *smirks mischieviously*

Some people would just get it wrong all the way.

Note: being kind is not being flirty

4 hours ago, Deus Ex Infinity said:

*gives you her most charming smile* I think I  just heard a bell ringing..calling my name :P *bursts out into a bunch of cheerful laughter*

*kneels down in front of the mighty count*  Oh please..her my plea....!!!

Looking for some serious asexual romance there Deus? ;) 

Dates are seriously overrated though, especially the blind-kind.

Guest Deus Ex Infinity
9 minutes ago, WeirdOne said:

Looking for some serious asexual romance there Deus? ;) 

Dates are seriously overrated though, especially the blind-kind.

Exactly. Heaven knows I had enough of those in the past. Count me out.

@WeirdOne If something serious shall come my way, I shall consider getting serious in reply 8)

That was me well into my 20s. And not many since then either. :)

Divide By Zero
7 hours ago, Deus Ex Infinity said:

7 hours ago, [noize:injekktion] said:

You don't ever want to go for it! Believe me bro. It's just such a weird thing...mostly nothing but a waste of time. <_<

You'd just agree to meet up at a certain time and place with someone you cherish, trying to get to know that person on a more intimate level through ramdon daily flirty conversation (while trying to find out more about specific faves or dislikes, including (subtle) sexual themes eventually).

So yeah...blahhhh.

Based on stories I've heard from friends, usually there's an expectation to be physically intimate like holding hands, hugging, and kissing. * shudders at the thought * And there may even be sex. * shudders a lot more *

I've actually had one partner in person who I was with for 5 years, and 3 online partners none of which I have met in person (yet).. but I've never been on a date, and I can't imagine I ever will go on one. The idea of that ('dating') makes me shudder lol.

2 minutes ago, dangling_ said:

Me. The closest I've had is FWB, which.... is... not the same.

I think it must depend on the person and the rules and boundaries you both set around your FWB situation. I'm in a FWB thing right now, and it's literally no different (for me) than being in a relationship, haha. ^_^

Archived