No friends

man

First of all, I'm sorry if it's a wrong section for a thread like this.

So my problem is that, I just don't like guys, males. I don't wanna be friends with males. I just don't like their company. I don't like to pretend like I'm strong and musculine. I don't like to get drunk. I don't wanna pretend like I'm insterested in all those talks about girls. I don't wanna waste any money. I don't like sports, with some exceptions only. I don't wanna talk about sports more than a minute per week. I don't like cars. I don't like video games and movies. I don't like to talk about the job. I don't wanna talk about respect, and politics.

I don't know if I make any sense though. I hope I do.

I'm not gay or bisexual. Not homophobic, but for some reason it feels like if I had had gay/bi friends I would've gotten sexual offers. I'm sorry, if I just offended anyone.

Sorry for such a long intro, but there's something else. I can't make friends with women either. They are always being so nice when we meet each other, on a new job for example. And I know it will end bad in the end. It always goes by the same scenario. First two weeks they are super nice, but I don't ask them out for a date, and then they act like they are enemies with me. And I'm alone again.

I thought I would friend with asexuals, but there are no asexuals where I live.

That's it.

Any suggestions?

Well, I feel sorry for you. 'Tis a tough situation. On the other hand, not all males are like the ones you described above. There's quite a few who are different, I'm sure. The problem is that the quiet ones are almost invisible and hard to find.

You've told us what you don't want, but what do you want? What do you seek in a friendship and what are your interests? And how might you find someone who shares them?

You might feel alone in this world, but be assured you aren't. Many are going through the same struggle right now and not everyone is as happy and flawless as they may appear to be.

Guest Deus Ex Infinity

I'm sorry but Asexuality isn't connection to any specfiic gender in particular you know? There are ceratinly a lot of people here who'd like to be friends with you though. You might even have a look at the "Meet-Up Market" to find a local ace gathering in  your area.

24 minutes ago, Julian of Norwich said:

You've told us what you don't want, but what do you want? What do you seek in a friendship and what are your interests? And how might you find someone who shares them?

I have a job, like most people do. I'm writing songs in a free time. It's hard to say what I seek in a friendship, it just feels like I need some people in ma life.

J. van Deijck
13 minutes ago, Deus Ex Infinity said:

I'm sorry but Asexuality isn't connection to any specfiic gender in particular you know? There are ceratinly a lot of people here who'd like to be friends with you though. You might even have a look at the "Meet-Up Market" to find a local ace gathering in  your area.

this. also, asexuality is not a gender.

here we have guys, girls and the variety of nonbinary people and I can't say any of us is like you described. also, do you rhino you're universally attractive so every gay/bi person would end up wanting to have sex with you?

13 minutes ago, Deus Ex Infinity said:

I didn't mean to offend any guys here. I've described most of the guys I've met. Thanks for the advice regarding the meet-up market.

Guest Deus Ex Infinity
Just now, man said:

I didn't mean to offend any guys here. I've described most of the guys I've met. Thanks for the advice regarding the meet-up market.

I know. You didn't offend anyone really. No worries *hugs* I just wanted to point out what being ace is meant to be. You're welcome! I'm always glad to help.

6 minutes ago, [noize:injekktion] said:

also, do you rhino you're universally attractive so every gay/bi person would end up wanting to have sex with you?

Didn't say that. I just feel insecure when I think of such friendship.

6 minutes ago, Deus Ex Infinity said:

I know. You didn't offend anyone really. No worries *hugs* I just wanted to point out what being ace is meant to be. You're welcome! I'm always glad to help.

thanks. I wish I've met more people like you guys

If you live in New Jersey you can stop by and I'll make you a cookie dough smoothie or a peanut butter and jelly sandwich or whatever you want. I don't have any friends either.

J. van Deijck
7 minutes ago, man said:

Didn't say that. I just feel insecure when I think of such friendship.

okay, I was just curious.

you can be sure it's not an ultimate case, too. there will be people like this, but also there will be people who are as far from it as possible. if you don't give the person a chance, you'll never know if you didn't miss out a potential great friend.

Guest Deus Ex Infinity
11 minutes ago, podsnap said:

If you live in New Jersey you can stop by and I'll make you a cookie dough smoothie or a peanut butter and jelly sandwich or whatever you want. I don't have any friends either.

Awwww..just look  at that :D How cute is that? :) Just give it a try!

You're writing songs? Thats great! Do you perform in public, maybe at an open stage location? Do you have people you like to jam with? Maybe start a little band?

I suggest to pick something you like, and turn it into a hobby you share with other people. Join a book club, archery, whatever. Meet people not based on whether they could be your friends. Meet them based on a common interest, on something you do like to talk about more than a minute per week. That will keep conversations going. And if some of those acquaintances become friends, just the better.

15 minutes ago, podsnap said:

Thank you, I'd love to try it. I'm from Eastern Europe. It's a bit far from New Jersey :)

18 minutes ago, [noize:injekktion] said:

if you don't give the person a chance, you'll never know if you didn't miss out a potential great friend.

I'm sure, everyone deserves a chance

2 minutes ago, roland.o said:

You're writing songs? Thats great! Do you perform in public, maybe at an open stage location?

I wish I could. I'm not that level though. Trying to save some money so I can afford some vocal lessons

3 minutes ago, man said:

Yes, everyone deserves a chance. But nobody has time to give a chance to everyone they meet. It is OK to be selective, and to focus on people you're most likely to connect with. So look out for common interests.

J. van Deijck
35 minutes ago, man said:

I'm glad you see it :3

btw, what music do you like?

J. van Deijck

oh and if you're from Eastern Europe, then you can't be that far from me. :o

4 minutes ago, [noize:injekktion] said:

I'm glad you see it :3

btw, what music do you like?

Mostly electronic and metal, and more

oh and if you're from Eastern Europe, then you can't be that far from me. :o

maybe

Guest Deus Ex Infinity
39 minutes ago, roland.o said:

Yes, everyone deserves a chance. But nobody has time to give a chance to everyone they meet. It is OK to be selective, and to focus on people you're most likely to connect with. So look out for common interests.

Nods. That woud be a good thing to start with :)

J. van Deijck

sure.

oh and from what you mention, do you like industrial music?

J. van Deijck
5 hours ago, man said:

sister machine gun counts?

it's industrial rock, so yeah. kind of does count.

Archived