Ace ring question

If an ace is married but still wants to wear an ace ring would they still wear it on their right middle finger? I read somewhere that rings on that finger can mean permanently single so I'm just curious on what to do. 

• Like 1

You don't have to wear the ring if you don't wanna. Wearing rings is just a preference. 

• Like 1

You can keep it there if you want.  it may mean permanently single,but many married people still wear the ace ring alongside their wedding ring, as a symbol of their asexuality. In the end, the meaning of permanently single will be changed to asexual as asexuality becomes more well-known.

• Like 2

More people need to wear this ring...seriously.....its just sooo hard to spot asexuals...

arekathevampyre
2 hours ago, amberotto said:

wear it on their right middle finger? I read somewhere that rings on that finger can mean permanently single so I'm just curious on what to do. 

I thought the 'permanently single' finger is the left middle finger ?

To answer your question , go ahead and do what you like :) 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, arekathevampyre said:

I thought the 'permanently single' finger is the left middle finger ?

To answer your question , go ahead and do what you like :) 

Asexual is right middle finger, aro ace is left middle finger I think. And someone who isn't ace but is aro is a white ring On the left finger.

• Like 1
arekathevampyre
1 minute ago, Lichley said:

Asexual is right middle finger, aro ace is left middle finger I think. And someone who isn't ace but is aro is a white ring On the left finger.

I see . I am aro ace and I wear a black/silver ace ring on my left middle finger (it is the only finger that fits , anyway) .

Can anyone tell me about the white ring ? Curious and will like to know more

Guest Deus Ex Infinity
47 minutes ago, lazypanda said:

More people need to wear this ring...seriously.....its just sooo hard to spot asexuals...

Yes but that's also because there are so very few aces out there actually. However, I do agree with you: wearing a black ring makes it a lot easier to recognize same-minded souls in the street.

arekathevampyre
3 minutes ago, Deus Ex Infinity said:

Yes but that's also because there are so very few aces out there actually. However, I do agree with you: wearing a black ring makes it a lot easier to recognize same-minded souls in the street.

Agree !! ;)

but no know will know I am ace lol (since I wear the ring on my left hand) . Unless I wear a pin or something ;)

Guest Deus Ex Infinity
12 minutes ago, arekathevampyre said:

Agree !! ;)

but no know will know I am ace lol (since I wear the ring on my left hand) . Unless I wear a pin or something ;)

Shall I make a pin for you sis? :D

1 hour ago, Lichley said:

I've never heard of the left middle finger ring or the white ring. Do you know any threads in which that was discussed? I would love to read more about it.

• Like 1
arekathevampyre
56 minutes ago, Deus Ex Infinity said:

Shall I make a pin for you sis? :D

I was just saying , but hey I really don't mind if you do (you are gonna get a gift from me soon) !!

*hugs* :D

arekathevampyre
36 minutes ago, Urmeline said:

I've never heard of the left middle finger ring or the white ring. Do you know any threads in which that was discussed? I would love to read more about it.

I can't specifically remember but your can search for it on AVEN using the terms 'Left middle finger' and 'white ring' .

1 hour ago, Blanca said:

There is a note on this page that explains the meanings of different fingers: http://wiki.asexuality.org/Black_ring 

This helps too .

Guest Deus Ex Infinity
7 minutes ago, arekathevampyre said:

I was just saying , but hey I really don't mind if you do (you are gonna get a gift from me soon) !!

*hugs* :D

Cool cuz' X-Mas season is coming up soon *blinks at you*

arekathevampyre
5 minutes ago, Deus Ex Infinity said:

Cool cuz' X-Mas season is coming up soon *blinks at you*

Haha yeah !! That's why I am gonna send it early (which is soon) .

You are gonna love it !! (I hope)

So what you're gonna get me ? hahhaha *wink*

Last I heard the Aro ring color was kinda up in the air; some wanting it to be white, most of the others just assuming it was black like Asexuality's but on the other hand. Never heard of the white ring applying to Aro sexuals. Never heard of a black ring on the left middle finger for Aro Aces either.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Lichley said:

You can keep it there if you want.  it may mean permanently single,but many married people still wear the ace ring alongside their wedding ring, as a symbol of their asexuality. In the end, the meaning of permanently single will be changed to asexual as asexuality becomes more well-known.

Thank you this answer helped a lot. :)