New to AVEN, seasoned ACE

Elle F.

Hi there, friends!

I don't have much of a story to tell. I've known that I am asexual for(ever) as long as I can remember. I've always been able to conceptualize the idea of what makes sex appealing but have never felt sexual attraction. I've never been in a relationship but am finding the older I get the more isolated I feel from my fellow humans, considering all my friends and family have started their own families. I've never felt broken. If I'm being completely honest, I feel that asexuality has allowed me to attain a strength that alludes most others (but I'm pretty narcissistic ;). 

I found out there was a small community of asexuals five or six years ago, and I've been on ace-book for as long. I am here in hopes of finding some friends closer to home (Utah), or solid pen-pals that I can connect with. I don't have enough experience to label myself definitively but I identify best with panromantic asexual. 

My old version of Linux doesn't seem to like this site. I'll get a picture up sooner or later.

My best,

Elle

Hello and welcome!

Image result for cake

celestialwhims

Another seasoned ace, welcome! I've known for about five years now, and I couldn't be happier with my life. And I must say, I love your confidence. It does get hard as people age, as friends start to branch off into their own families, but have faith! I'm sure you'll find a very fulfilling relationship someday, whether that be platonic or romantic. 

Welcome to AVEN, we're very happy to have you here! We're a very welcoming community here, so you'll definitely find some wonderful people to talk to. xx

Hello there, and welcome to AVEN! :cake:

As part of my welcome to you, I'd like to point out some important threads that might be helpful in your first few days here. :) The Terms of Service is here. We recommend you read it over, and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to send either myself or any other administrator or moderator (the "admod" team, as we're called) a message.  Also, there's a handy forum called Site Info, which has some useful information including a thread outlining who moderates which forum. If you ever need something done in or have questions about a specific forum, please message the mod of that forum. And if you have problems with the site in general, or any single member, please message any admod. 

The following are also nifty links to take a look at:  Welcome Lounge Mini Manual | Welcoming 101 | Quick Guide to the Forums | Asexuality FAQ's

Again, welcome to AVEN and I hope your stay is everything you hoped!

Image result for chocolate cheesecake

Welcome. :cake: I know exactly what you mean about people starting families. Almost everyone I know has had a baby in the past year and some of them are starting on round two now. I also totally relate to having trouble making friends as an adult. Being asexual makes most common adult social pastimes weird to me making the already frustrating task of making friends as an adult all the more odious.

Welcome! Why not check out the Meetup mart to help you try to find more asexuals in your area? 

100_48491.jpg

Guest Deus Ex Infinity

Welcome to AVEN Elle :)

Here comes a slice of German chocolate cake for you :

f594e7a6-7d49-4482-b776-ade63614e0b3.jpg

Enjoy your stay!

11 hours ago, Stheg said:

Welcome. :cake: I know exactly what you mean about people starting families. Almost everyone I know has had a baby in the past year and some of them are starting on round two now. I also totally relate to having trouble making friends as an adult. Being asexual makes most common adult social pastimes weird to me making the already frustrating task of making friends as an adult all the more odious.

So very true indeed. The older you grow -  the hardest it gets but I'm still trying to hang on, even while being surrounded but nothing than happy alo couples, kids & families <_< Feeling so alinated....

Archived