am i panromantic?

Haley Carpenter

Haley Carpenter

hello!

so for awhile now i've idenified as heteroflexible. i'm a female, and i've many liked males. i've always said "i'm 1/3 homo" but now i question that. for four years now, i've liked a female. i didn't know her very well until this year, but now that we know each other, i'm getting stronger feelings for her. i like a male at my school, but not very much at all. i'm also attracted to a ftm trans, which my friends say is "pan." so am i pan? or am i heteroflexible?

It's possible that you could be pan. But since FTM trans is not a different gender from male, that wouldn't contribute to your being pan.

15 minutes ago, Haley Carpenter said:

am i heteroflexible?

I dislike the term hetero-flexible, because it's really not necessary to experience a perfect 50/50 attraction to men and women in order to be called bi or pan. If a third of the people you're attracted to are female, why not just say you're bi or pan? That doesn't sound very hetero to me at least.

14 minutes ago, Haley Carpenter said:

so am i pan?

Do you think you could be attracted to non-binary and/or gender-nonconforming people? People who look sort of in between male and female, boy and girl? If so, go ahead and claim the label pan. 

On ‎10‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 3:39 PM, TheAP said:

It's possible that you could be pan. But since FTM trans is not a different gender from male, that wouldn't contribute to your being pan.

Also, many people (including me) use bi to mean "same and other genders," not just "male and female," so if you do experience attraction to nonbinary people, you could still identify as bi. It's up to you, though. If pan fits better than bi, identify as pan! Hope this helps.

Archived