Hello, I guess

ChaoticGoodLoner

ChaoticGoodLoner

Didn't come here first since I asked a question in the questions section earlier but hi. I'm a 26 year old idiot man and I've come here because I've very recently started to question if I am as straight as I thought I was. I hesitate to proclaim myself Asexual because I think I might also be Demisexual or Heteroromantic. I'm just hesitant in general, really.

I've always thought pretty differently from other people and, upon reading up on Asexuality, Demisexuality, etc, I felt like I identified pretty strongly with a lot of what is described. I've also had the thought that it would explain a lot about me and my past like I why I've never had a girlfriend and, while I'm not against the idea, I could live without having a romantic relationship. Does that make me Aromantic as well? I don't really like how many questions I've raised within my already chaotic mind but I suppose it's no different than anything else I think about since I question just about everything. I also don't like the thought that these things take time but I'm an impatient moron so that's on me.

So I figured I'd come here and see about connecting with a few people that might help me figure some stuff out. But I'm also pretty bad at talking to people in general since I'm a loner by nature and I don't really like people so that is a challenge in and of itself. So I guess all I can say from here is thanks for having me on here. I hope I'm not imposing on someplace I don't belong. Not that you don't seem like a welcoming place and everything I just always feel like I'm imposing on people whenever I'm in their presence. Bit of a self esteem issue but that's another topic and I don't need to waste your time with my whining.

All right then. Thanks for reading this excessive wall of text.

Hello there, and welcome to AVEN! :cake:

As part of my welcome to you, I'd like to point out some important threads that might be helpful in your first few days here. :) The Terms of Service is here. We recommend you read it over, and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to send either myself or any other administrator or moderator (the "admod" team, as we're called) a message.  Also, there's a handy forum called Site Info, which has some useful information including a thread outlining who moderates which forum. If you ever need something done in or have questions about a specific forum, please message the mod of that forum. And if you have problems with the site in general, or any single member, please message any admod. 

The following are also nifty links to take a look at:  Welcome Lounge Mini Manual | Welcoming 101 | Quick Guide to the Forums | Asexuality FAQ's

Again, welcome to AVEN and I hope your stay is everything you hoped!

Image result for cheesecake

Welcome to the forums! :D

I actually relate to you a lot on several things. Especially the self esteem stuff...it can be hard sometimes, but everyone here has been really nice and welcoming, so I'm sure they'll treat you the same.

Anyway, have some cake! This is a cool af cake BTW. :cake:

10-amazing-cakes-that-you-wouldnt-want-t

Aromanticism is the lack of romantic attraction, in the same way that asexuality is the lack of sexual attraction. If you feel that you are not romantically attracted to anyone you could be aromantic. :D 

wedding+cake1_1.jpg

I feel you dude. I'm in kind of the same boat and I'm new here as well so you're not alone. Everyone on here seems nice so hopefully they can help us out. I hope we both find our answers and comfort in whatever the hell they are. 

ChaoticGoodLoner

Thanks for the kind response so far. I do appreciate it. I can only hope to figure this stuff out in the future and I'm glad a place like this exists to help me do that.

Archived