I am so happy to be ACE!

Chibe90

I recently realised that I am an asexual. I have no idea how I could live for 27 years and not figure it out. I spent most my teenage years not being interested in anyone but I thought I was slow to sexually mature. Most of my early relationships were long distance because that was the only way I could handle being with someone. When I finally had a 'normal' relationship it was such a battle. I hated to be touched and neither of us understood why I was repulsed by even kissing. He was often frustrated but after some doing,  I was semi okay with kissing and sex was something I could tolerate.

When I was 23, I realised I was bi, I am a bit more attracted to females but I haven't acted on it because sex with females would require my involvement. Previously, when I slept with males, I would just lie there and wait for the ordeal to be over but with a female I suspect I would need to reciprocate. 

After I dated the guy I described in the first paragraph, I spent 7 months dating a guy who I just couldn't drum up any feelings for. He was a perfectly decent guy and I just couldn't understand my issue. The same thing happened again with another guy I tried dating, no romantic feelings, no physical attraction. After that I decided to be done with dating, which I am pretty fine with  but I still felt a little weird telling people I wasn't interested in dating anyone.

Finding about asexuality has been such a blessing, I no longer have to sleep with others because I think I am weird to not want to. I can just say, the thought of your penis inside me is repulsive, so, no thanks. I am not really sure where on the spectrum I fall, I am leaning towards demi, but the older I get, the less interested I am in anything physical or romantic. I haven't told anyone in my family that I am bi but I feel this urge to tell everyone I am asexual. It just feels so good to know that there is nothing wrong with me, i am not weird , I am ace and that is A-ok.

Hello there, and welcome to AVEN! :cake:

As part of my welcome to you, I'd like to point out some important threads that might be helpful in your first few days here. :) The Terms of Service is here. We recommend you read it over, and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to send either myself or any other administrator or moderator (the "admod" team, as we're called) a message.  Also, there's a handy forum called Site Info, which has some useful information including a thread outlining who moderates which forum. If you ever need something done in or have questions about a specific forum, please message the mod of that forum. And if you have problems with the site in general, or any single member, please message any admod. 

The following are also nifty links to take a look at:  Welcome Lounge Mini Manual | Welcoming 101 | Quick Guide to the Forums | Asexuality FAQ's

Again, welcome to AVEN and I hope your stay is everything you hoped!

double-choc-easter-cheesecake-1980x1320-

I'm glad that finding out about asexuality has been a positive thing for you. :) 

Welcome. :cake:

I agree with you about the relief that comes from the freedom to not have sex. It's a wonderful thing.

Can i just mention that you also sound nid kind of sex adverse? Some asexuals are sex positive and will have sex for their partner's sake. Some asexuals are sex neutral, and don't really care about sex, and some are sex adverse/repulsed and avoid having sex. I just thought it could be another thing you might want to take into consideration.

Archived