Penny For Your Thoughts

Naralia

So I'm pretty new to the Asexual world and spectrum. I'm no where near decided on an specific label but I felt like sharing some of my processes and hearing feed back from people who've been at this longer than me might help me along this path. 

My first time kissing a girl was 9 years old, it wasn't weird it wasn't strange. We did it because it was on tv, we never spoke of it again. But as I aged it became more obvious that my attraction wasn't exclusive to men, by the time I was 12 I'd comfortably adopted the term bisexual as part of my identity. Through the rest of my middle school and high school experiences, I had varying degrees of intimacy with both genders. Most of the more sexual experience I had I did because of expectation not interest. I've found that while I have a non-sexual relationship interest in both men and women, I occasionally have sexual interest in women (pretty much exclusively to ones I've formed a close relationship with) but it's very one sided,  I don't really have interest in being pleasured myself so much as I have interest in them. My libido is low to non-existent, which may or may not be affecting my ability to asses my sexuality as well.

I don't know... I just feel like there's a lot to look into and consider and while I'm not asking for you to give me a label, maybe pointing me into the direction that would be good for me to read up. The sheer amount of information is overwhelming and I'm more looking for guidance than anything. Feel free to pm me if you'd rather talk there instead of in this forum. 

From what I have read I've kind of been leaning towards: Biromantic and dimisexual.  

You could compare biromantic and panromantic. I heard there's a significant difference, but I haven't read up on it so far.

Demisexual also came to my mind. Demi-homosexual, if I interpret your description right.

Also have a look at lithsexual or one of its synonyms:

http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/123256-asexuality-sexual-orientation-lexicon-read-me/?do=findComment&comment=1061345333

Cheers and all the best!

Salutations! Welcome to AVEN!

You could be biromantic and demiromantic at the same time! However, like the person above me said. You might wanna look at lithsexual as well. I'm still trying to see whether I'm panromantic or biromantic so there no rush in the adventure to see where you are in the asexual world.  

Archived