Alrighty...

Kururin

Even a witch doesn't know some spells.

So, I've decided to put myself under the panromantic label because I don't really care about what gender most people are. However, I don't know if you're allowed a preference. 

You see, I am attracted to feminine figures (which is why I sorta go for feminine girls better because I don't think I can find many guys like that.) but at the same time, I don't really care. This is very confusing, I know. That's why I'm still finding out my orientation to see whether I'm actually panromantic (don't really care), biromantic (since it's both guys and girls) or homoromantic (since I sorta go for girls as my preference is higher in that zone then guys). But in truth, I don't really care as long that they qualify in my preference. 

Yeeeah, just need some guidance then I'll find my way into this one. 

celestialwhims

You know, there are just so many labels these days. In my opinion, you should just be happy with whatever the heck you are! Sexuality and romantic feelings are so fluid, but even still, types are very real. Everybody likes particular qualities on people, and there's nothing wrong with that. If you like femininity, then you like femininity! You shouldn't feel bad if you aren't attracted to a masculine or non-specific appearance. If people criticize you for having a preference, then they have bigger priorities to sort through. You're perfectly justified to like what you like, there's nothing wrong with that. That's like saying that it's not okay for a gay man to find muscles attractive. Ridiculous, isn't it? And who knows? In fifty years, you might feel completely different about what you like. You might feel completely the same. That's for you, and only you, to decide.

Like I said, it's all so fluid that who knows who you might end up falling for? Love is love, no matter what shape or size or style it comes in. I hope this helped. I've had many discussions with friends about things like this, so I feel kind of passionate about it. I just want people to feel free to love and be attracted to anybody they choose. Good luck, and I hope you feel comfortable in any label you may choose! That's why they exist, after all—to make everybody feel included and validated. xx

11 minutes ago, celestialwhims said:

You know, there are just so many labels these days. In my opinion, you should just be happy with whatever the heck you are! Sexuality and romantic feelings are so fluid, but even still, types are very real. Everybody likes particular qualities on people, and there's nothing wrong with that. If you like femininity, then you like femininity! You shouldn't feel bad if you aren't attracted to a masculine or non-specific appearance. If people criticize you for having a preference, then they have bigger priorities to sort through. You're perfectly justified to like what you like, there's nothing wrong with that. That's like saying that it's not okay for a gay man to find muscles attractive. Ridiculous, isn't it? And who knows? In fifty years, you might feel completely different about what you like. You might feel completely the same. That's for you, and only you, to decide.

Like I said, it's all so fluid that who knows who you might end up falling for? Love is love, no matter what shape or size or style it comes in. I hope this helped. I've had many discussions with friends about things like this, so I feel kind of passionate about it. I just want people to feel free to love and be attracted to anybody they choose. Good luck, and I hope you feel comfortable in any label you may choose! That's why they exist, after all—to make everybody feel included and validated. xx

Haha, thank you very much for your input! I did feel bad for not liking masculine people as I feel like I should be. However, I guess that my orientation atm is most likely fluid.  I'll find that one out. Thank you very much ^-^

@nemu_X I am so glad you brought this up. Because I also identify as panromantic, but I've only had experiences with males.

I know that there's a word for attraction to femininity, gynephilia (the opposite being androphilia, the attraction to masculinity), but I've really only heard it once or twice and don't know too much about it. I'm just throwing it out there if you want to know a bit more about it you can look into it if you want, even if you don't want to use the word (I think it's somewhat sexually charged, so maybe not useful for an asexual, but I'm not sure, just trying to possibly help out). Anyway, I wish you luck in your endeavors to find/ label yourself!

There's also androromantic and whatnot. I don't feel like trying to spell those right now.

Well I know with bi/pan sexual people, they don't always have a 50/50 attraction. Sometimes they might be more 60/40 or 80/20 but they are still considered bi/pan. So I imagine it would be the same for romantic attraction too.  So even if you decide to stick with the panromantic label you are still valid :)

57 minutes ago, sarahcasm said:

I know that there's a word for attraction to femininity, gynephilia (the opposite being androphilia

I have heard of that. The only problem why I don't really put myself under there is because it's sexual. I'm not a very sexual person. There is probably a romantic counterpart but it's more for attraction towards females.. and I don't find myself homoromantic as my preference is for all genders (tho girls do have a higher chance) But thanks for the help.

51 minutes ago, SelRivers said:

I imagine it would be the same for romantic attraction too.  So even if you decide to stick with the panromantic label you are still valid :)

Saaaame here, tho think for me it might be 85 for girls and 75 for guys. It's just that I think girls will be easier to find with my preference, but guys have a chance too. I might put myself under both labels tbh but panromantic makes more sense then biromantic, as it's sorta limited to two. 

Thanks for the help guys! ^-^

celestialwhims
2 hours ago, nemu_X said:

Haha, thank you very much for your input! I did feel bad for not liking masculine people as I feel like I should be. However, I guess that my orientation atm is most likely fluid.  I'll find that one out. Thank you very much ^-^

Glad I could help a bit! I also found this old post. I don't know if it'll help you, but it's interesting to read. xx

Archived