Your Perfect Relationship

Imsoconfusedughgoshdarnit

Imsoconfusedughgoshdarnit

Just kind of curious what would be your perfect relationship, (if you want one). 

For me its just someone who i can fall asleep next to. The idea of going on dates seems weird, just wanna sleep next to them. 

Hmmm, someone I find cute and playful who would put up with my excessive hugs and kisses, and all of the romantic and sensual stuff. 

Galactic Turtle

The type of friend where things pick up naturally where they left off even if I haven't seen them for months or years on end while we were on our separate adventures.

Someone who, at the end of the day, I can have fun with. 

Someone who I have absolutely no doubts about trusting. Someone who lets me have space when I need it. Someone who realizes that I'm not the kindest person always and can deal with me being an asshole. Someone who's late to things because I'm late to things too. Someone who's not messy, but not a clean freak. Someone who loves cuddling but only when we're not going to sleep, except in the winter when it's really cold. Someone who would get a matching tattoo with me of shrek or something equally ridiculous while drunk and still not regret it in the morning or ever. Someone who has a good enough job to help us be financially stable, but not one that keeps us apart all day long. Someone who will help me dye my hair and then not get mad when their hands are stained purple afterwards.

I want to be able to walk around the house mostly naked without it being sexual at all. We can try to cook together but ultimately fail and order a pizza. We have the same guilty pleasures.

Yeah, I think about this a lot. Oops.

5 hours ago, mistfallen said:

Someone who I have absolutely no doubts about trusting. Someone who lets me have space when I need it. Someone who realizes that I'm not the kindest person always and can deal with me being an asshole.

This. Also, someone who makes me feel loved and needed, but doesn't annoy me by being too clingy. Someone who helps me getting through everything. Someone who I can come home to (physically as well as mentally). Someone who accepts that my need for physical closeness is quite low. Someone who would be happy to spent time with me without actually doing something exciting (e.g. just sitting around, drinking tea and talking all day).

11 hours ago, mistfallen said:

Someone who I have absolutely no doubts about trusting. Someone who lets me have space when I need it. Someone who realizes that I'm not the kindest person always and can deal with me being an asshole. Someone who's late to things because I'm late to things too. Someone who's not messy, but not a clean freak. Someone who loves cuddling but only when we're not going to sleep, except in the winter when it's really cold. Someone who would get a matching tattoo with me of shrek or something equally ridiculous while drunk and still not regret it in the morning or ever. Someone who has a good enough job to help us be financially stable, but not one that keeps us apart all day long. Someone who will help me dye my hair and then not get mad when their hands are stained purple afterwards.

I want to be able to walk around the house mostly naked without it being sexual at all. We can try to cook together but ultimately fail and order a pizza. We have the same guilty pleasures.

Yeah, I think about this a lot. Oops.

this, essentially. In addition, I'm okay with close contact in the form of embraces, cuddling, hand holding, etc. Kissing is a touchy subject. Chaste kisses are okay, I think, but that's as far as I go. Kind of a cuddling super QPR. What kind of romantic orientation is this called?? anyway, yeah. this is a good topic. 

My perfect relationship is a threeway with a stable job, a house and reliable internet.

My perfect relationship is... the one I already have. :)

In other words: Someone who can be my closest friend, who I can tell everything to.  Someone who talks things out when there is a conflict. Someone who doesn't mind spending all day just cuddled up watching TV or something, rather than going out. 

The only thing I wish was different is that we lived closer, since can only visit occasionally. :(

I pretty much want your average relationship minus sex. I enjoying kissing and cuddling a lot, but I just want it to stop there. 

As for me, I want someone who will support me and my hobbies(which maybe considered vintage to some), but all in all, I want a deeper connection with someone who will love me unconditionally, no matter how clingy I may seem. (Sorry for the rambling).

You wake up, your hair so messy that resembles a bird's nest. Yawning so loud that your significant other- who was awake for a while and stayed silent just to watch and smile at your sleepy form-  chuckles a bit and kisses you on the cheek. You softly smile, still in between the world of dreams and reality. They pull you down when you try to sit up, listening to your incoherent rumbling. You fall asleep again, in their arms, feeling safe with their heartbeat beating against your own. They gently put you down on your pillow, looking at the sun slowly rises up and shines behind the blue curtains. An hour passes, you finally decide to get out of the bed and an exquisite surprise attends you: Your darling bein in an oversized plush hoodie with a tray in their hands, smiling fondly at you; they put the train on your knees and only when you take your first sip of your favourite drink you notice its coldness:

-Why is it so cold?-

-It was warm an hour ago when I broke out of your bear hug and thought you were waking up-

Now the drink doesn't need to be hot anymore; your blushing face that feels like it is going to explode is enough. And boy, they love to tease you about your embarrassment. Because you're the only one who can make them smile like idiots.

Ruru+Saphhy=Garnet

My perfect relationship(romantic) :

• Nice Catholic man who has strong faith
  • No sex
  • A relationship that is monogamous
  • Someone who can make me feel loved.
  • Someone I can trust.
  • Someone who can handle the fact that I'm clingy lol!

My perfect relationship (Platonic) :

• No sex
  • Must be a woman  (nothing against men, but I've always been platonically attracted to women more.
  • Someone I can trust
  • My relationship would be"Polyamorous" in a sense...my QPR can have more than one QPP. It's not a romantic relationship, so I wouldn't mind.
  • We'd hang together and live together, but we'd have separate bedrooms.
  • No kids
J. van Deijck

tbh i don't care much. I barely trust people.

I want to be part of a small group of people who are all really close to each other and support each other emotionally. I'd want to live with at least one of these people, and ideally we would all be a creative team. That's something that's really important to me, that myself and the people I'm friends with can work together on projects to create things that we couldn't do alone. I'd probably prefer it if there weren't any romantic or sexual relationships between the people in the group because in my personal experience that tends to lead to drama, but it's not like it's something I could control.

Someone who understands that I'll most likely never be able to offer them anything financially, which as I get older is becoming a realisation I can't ignore. 

Aside from that...who knows. Anyone who'll have me. 

Sure, why not.

Someone who will love to play video games with me, watch movies and just generally hang out.

They won't mind that sometimes I need to be alone for a bit (mostly when drawing but sometimes I just need a recharge) and I'd give them that courtesy as well if they needed it.

No sex or making out. Hugs are good, give me all the hugs. (I'm a cuddly person).
They must like dogs. Because I will want one. Though I'm not opposed to cats at all, there will certainly be a dog.

I'd want to live together but if it started out online, that's fine. 

They'd have to be fine with every part of the house having some form of "nerdy" thing be it posters or figures or whatever else. Preferably they'd like that too and join in haha.
And definitely I would want them to be someone I trusted... Though I feel like that's something most people want. A trust worthy companion. 
They give me support, I give them support.

And you know... just generally someone who isn't a jerk lol

I want someone loyal, trustworthy, and respectful because I don't have time nor care for needless drama and anxiety someone without those qualities would cause, and these also allow for the kind of bond where I could tell him anything, which is ideal. I also want someone who loves sarcasm and dark humor as much as I do or at least could handle my sarcasm and humor... I also want someone who likes to just chill and play video games/ watch Netflix with while cuddling under a warm blanket. I don't mind kissing, but sex is neither needed nor wanted. Those are more if it's not long-distance, which wouldn't be out of the question for me. He would also have to be okay with cats and not having children (at least biologically) because I love cats and hate small children, at least when I have to be around them all the time.

17 hours ago, LadyFie said:

Also, someone who makes me feel loved and needed, but doesn't annoy me by being too clingy. Someone who helps me getting through everything. Someone who I can come home to (physically as well as mentally). Someone who accepts that my need for physical closeness is quite low. Someone who would be happy to spent time with me without actually doing something exciting (e.g. just sitting around, drinking tea and talking all day).

BEAUTIFUL additions!! Couldn't have said it better :,)

11 hours ago, Delyn said:

I'm okay with close contact in the form of embraces, cuddling, hand holding, etc. Kissing is a touchy subject. Chaste kisses are okay, I think, but that's as far as I go. Kind of a cuddling super QPR. What kind of romantic orientation is this called??

I'm the same way, and I have no freaking idea what my RO is either. Maybe we're just very specific people. Specificoromantic.

Interesting thread. Let's give it a go!

The short answer:

My perfect relationship would likely be sex-free and nerdy… extremely nerdy… and involve another person who's happy with being in a relationship with me (not taken for granted).

But now, let's get very specific in the spoiler below and express my egoistic demands, shall we? Because why not? I'm a bit bored right now. :P

Spoiler

First of all: It would be with a woman.

As I'm more or less a calm person myself, I guess it would be a calm relationship… with necessary communication involved. I wouldn't like unnecessary conflicts because nobody would say a word. :P

Besides, it's better if someone directly states if something feels missing or whatever than to go on and having this issue bloat up and lead to troubles.

I'd like to be in a relationship with someone who shares a lot of my mindset, made similar experiences, perhaps even with similar or same struggles (and now I drastically reduced my options I guess :lol:).

The reason for this is pretty simple: It makes you feel less lonely with all of that, it creates a special kind of bond by providing a base of mutual understanding, agreement and in a way also comfort, which others would likely struggle with. I also find it easier to relate to like-minded individuals. Being able to relate to another person also allows me to trust that person in the first place and as I'm someone who doesn't trust easily… well, self-explanatory. :rolleyes:

My ideal relationship would also be "monogamous", I'm not someone made for polyamory.

It would be great if that someone has

• a similar if not same taste for music (different bands are obviously all fine, this allows both of us to explore something new but increases the probability of the music of the other not being annoying)
  • likes videogames (regardless of graphics, so also old ones, I'd love to have someone to play my N64, PS1, GameCube, NES or SNES with, but such people are the rarest of the rare ones I guess…)
  • likes to watch shows and movies together
  • is in some way creative (whether music, arts, or poetry or something else, I generally like art and people who do arts are fascinating to me, maybe that would even be something that one could do together)
  • doesn't mind kitschy or nerdy romantic gestures (sorry, that's something I might do…)
  • and also needs some alone time, because I do need that.

I couldn't be in a relationship with someone who would just talk and talk and talk, wouldn't grant me any breathing space and be clingy. It would have to be someone I could sit next to, read a book or browse the web and just be happy with a silent and wordless companionship too.

I'd welcome it if the other person was in some way quirky too, it's sort of appealing/cute in my opinion.

Being able to have some intellectually challenging conversations or simply to talk about the world would be fantastic as I value intelligence and knowledge a lot. A whole lot even.

Ideally, that person would not mind if I would put my nerd-stuff "on display" (amiibos, special editions of games, consoles and whatnot) and I don't mind the other person doing that either.

I wouldn't mess with that person's things (also known as secretly throw something away) and I'd appreciate the same either. Then again, this likely falls under trust.

Obviously, respecting each others' boundaries is a must.

I don't care for sex. I went 23 years without and I absolutely don't feel like I'm missing out on anything at all. I mentioned communication before, so I'm not opposed to compromises, obviously. Compromises make a big part of relationships.

I'm not quite sure about kissing. I'm definitely repulsed by the thought of kissing someone without any (strong) feelings involved, but there's a chance I could be okay with it if I'd love the person in question, although that thought is a bit awkward anyway. I don't know if I'd be fine with things like french kisses in a relationship though, those things are weird, but I'm pretty sure I'd be fine with pecks. I guess the rest of that is something to either try out or figure out, I'm not a seer and can't see the future.

Cuddles are a must though. I know I said I'm willing to make compromises but… no compromising there. Schopenhauer's Hedgehog's dilemma aside, I need some additional closeness to doing activities together. :P

I definitely wouldn't mind to share the bedroom either, I consider it sort of romantic. It's sort of like having a huge teddy (well, not really, humans are somewhat hard due to bones, they're not made of cotton after all). :lol:

At some point (could take years as – knowing myself – I'd want to be very sure first) I'd want to marry, so I guess I'd count that under a perfect relationship too. I don't care who would do the proposal, it doesn't have to be special either, the fact it's a proposal would count as special itself for me, but I'd definitely like to make it as great as possible for the other (meaning I'd likely ask how they imagine the perfect proposal to be like).

I very likely wouldn't want kids, but I'm still willing to get into a discussion about that, although I totally doubt I could be convinced as a lot of my "no"-reasons depend on things barely anyone can influence.

I admit I'm not sure how I'd start out a relationship (yet alone confess or request to give it a try), I'm not even sure how far I could get past "just" personal fascination if it would start out as an online relationship, so at the latest at some point I'd have to spend some time with the other person. This is a must simply because you only know if you're truly compatible if you spend some time around each other. I'm a total relationship-n00b, so I guess not being judged for being a n00b would be a good start too. :P

Apart from that, I guess only time will tell.

I mean, who knows, maybe my perfect relationship is the polar (non-abusive) opposite to what I wrote here for some reason and I just don't know yet?

Although I consider this highly unlikely. I'd say I know myself well enough by now.

I think if all of these statements can be checked off, that would be my perfect relationship.

As you can see, it depends a lot on how well the harmony is with the other person and how that other person is.

What's a relationship worth if you don't really or truly like the other person after all?

Well, that spoiler wasn't specific at all, was it? :P

Guest Deus Ex Infinity
On 18.10.2017 at 6:00 AM, sarahcasm said:

I want someone loyal, trustworthy, and respectful because I don't have time nor care for needless drama and anxiety someone without those qualities would cause, and these also allow for the kind of bond where I could tell him anything, which is ideal. I also want someone who loves sarcasm and dark humor as much as I do or at least could handle my sarcasm and humor... I also want someone who likes to just chill and play video games/ watch Netflix with while cuddling under a warm blanket. I don't mind kissing, but sex is neither needed nor wanted. Those are more if it's not long-distance, which wouldn't be out of the question for me. He would also have to be okay with cats and not having children (at least biologically) because I love cats and hate small children, at least when I have to be around them all the time.

Same here although I'd be fine with having a long-distance relationship too.

@Sylvastor Being nerdy is a total must anytime :D

My ideal relationship is like a unicorn. It doesn't exist.

Or maybe it does, but only with very few men that every other woman in the world would want to be in a relationship with as well.

Like Keanu Reeves. I imagine he would be a great relationship partner.

Archived