People liking me is so Upsetting

AussieIsAce

So its gonna be summer in 1 and a half months and i was wondering if any other Ace or non sexual (whatever you identify as) people feel super strange in summer because of the whole being half naked. In Australia people go food shopping in bikinis and guys go shirtless everywhere and it great to see people so confident but i feel so sexualized and its super annoying. i go to the beach and guys will check me out and instead of feeling all hot and sexy i feel insulted. i want to be able to just wear my bikini without feeling like im not being ace enough. maybe im doubting my worthiness of this label because im looking a certain way.

Anyone else feel like people liking them or getting hit on is super upsetting? 

Why are people roaming around half naked in australia ??? You people are the ones who should be covering up as much as you can !!!!!! Don't they realize they are in close proximity to an ozone hole ??? No wonder skin cancer rates are sooo high in australia.

Sorry for the rant...i just get mad when people dont take sun exposure seriously.

To answer your question,i feel pretty much violated when guys check me out with clothes on...so i can imagine what ur going through.However,u must understand that their behaviour is  a reflection of them...not u . Them checking you out doesnt make u any less of an ace. Its your feelings and personality that defines your sexuality...so if u think u're an ace..u're an ace !!! Just stop overthinking and go out and have fun . But dont forget the sunscreen !!!😉

Well there's "liking" and then there's being "looked at like a piece of meat." I recall going to a store in unflattering, comfortable clothes after PE at school and some guys checking me out. I don't even wear make-up! When does it STOP??

The fact is there will always be pigs who act like pigs no matter how we may dress. Respectful people will behave themselves should you wear a bikini around them (in a socially acceptable area to wear one) or not. 

If someone is respectful in how they hit on you (which is more often to occur when you're not half naked), then it takes a while to get used to dealing with but you should be able to feel flattered. It's nothing you've done, the other person just has an interest in you. And that means you are awesome. Or rich.

But if the person is looking at you up and down in a disgusting way, then feel free to tell them off.

Personally, living in an absurdly hot part of California, I have never been comfortable with bikinis. I could pull one off, but it would make me feel unnecessarily on display even without taking into account how much it may entice people to look my way. I would also feel weird having my stomach tan like my legs and arms, it's always been covered in the summer (tankinis, swim shorts).

Yes!

I'm Agender and I would wear dress... But I can't... Every time I try, I feel so uncomfortable - I feel like I need to play the act for this over sexualised role society has made...

A few cars beeped me once - and from those occurrences, noooooooooo!

I WANTED TO PUNCH THAT GUYS MASK IN!!!

Honestly, at this point - I just feel violated...

Or many it's because I'm ACE ARO and any moves made on me feel threatening and give me rape vibes... All the rape vibes... 

I'm probably not much help right now - but I having a crisis... FORGIVE ME! SUPPORTIVE PEOPLE NEED TIME OFF TOO!!!

7 hours ago, lazypanda said:

Why are people roaming around half naked in australia ??? You people are the ones who should be covering up as much as you can !!!!!! Don't they realize they are in close proximity to an ozone hole ??? No wonder skin cancer rates are sooo high in australia.

Sorry for the rant...i just get mad when people dont take sun exposure seriously.

To answer your question,i feel pretty much violated when guys check me out with clothes on...so i can imagine what ur going through.However,u must understand that their behaviour is  a reflection of them...not u . Them checking you out doesnt make u any less of an ace. Its your feelings and personality that defines your sexuality...so if u think u're an ace..u're an ace !!! Just stop overthinking and go out and have fun . But dont forget the sunscreen !!!😉

For the record most people who get skin cancer are one very old and didn't use sunscreen back in the day like my grandfather who is 95 and didnt see sunscreen till he was 60 plus years old. secondly most people wear sunscreen if they are in there cozzies you have to understand its hot over here in summer. thirdly most people are fully clothed im talking about people near the beach. people in the city dont walk around half naked but im out here in the country...my house is right next to the beach and everyone walks down there in there cozzies cause why bring clothes if your just gonna tan and swim. Plus we get 4 months of hot weather..so like we make the most of it.

Also i totally need to talk that on board the whole "doesnt make you less ace" cheers for that aye. 

Yeah, during the few months out of the year that I have to wear shorts and tank tops when I leave the house or else I'll get heat stroke, I sometimes feel too exposed. When someone hits on me, my social anxiety goes through the roof.

I could bounce around all naked if there was not a single stranger ogling me like a piece of meat. It's pretty sad our naked bodies are so often seen as "ooh sexy" instead of just aesthetically pleasing or simply neutral. I was even thinking of visiting a nudist village here in the UK; I saw a documentary about them and I'd happily do some gardening naked, badminton or swim in the nude :D 

Once in my life I sunbathed topless and it was really nice to feel the wind and sun rays all over my skin. I don't mind naked people around me either, just maybe not too close...

I don't believe all people would behave in a civilised way if we somehow accepted that people can be naked in public spaces. I got catcalled so many times, touched inappropriately on public transport, propositioned in the street, followed by creepy folks... all that fully clothed. It's already a bloody jungle out there. 

3 hours ago, miettaisace said:

im talking about people near the beach. people in the city dont walk around half naked but im out here in the country.

You did not say you're talking about people at the beach.

You said this :

12 hours ago, miettaisace said:

In Australia people go food shopping in bikinis and guys go shirtless everywhere

Sorry i didnt know the word "everywhere" has been rephrased to mean "at the beach" . 

4 hours ago, miettaisace said:

For the record most people who get skin cancer are one very old and didn't use sunscreen back in the day like my grandfather who is 95 and didnt see sunscreen till he was 60 plus years old.

No,its not only old people who get skin cancer in australia....check the stats...

I’m not exactly a prime male specimen, but I would kinda just pity someone if they were attracted to me or fell in love with me, especially if that attraction was based on looks. Even though I’m in decent shape and look fairly normal, I hardly put any effort into my appearance beyond just basic hygiene and exercise, so I’d feel kinda bad for people who actually had to work for their appearance. Of course, I never really have this problem cause I’m fundamentally incapable of recognizing when someone “like-likes” me.

7 hours ago, lazypanda said:

You did not say you're talking about people at the beach.

You said this :

Sorry i didnt know the word "everywhere" has been rephrased to mean "at the beach" . 

No,its not only old people who get skin cancer in australia....check the stats...

Mate i didnt realise that my section about walking around would be talked about. Yes i said everywhere but i in all honesty meant "where im from, everywhere" like not in the city...people in Melbourne (the city part) dont catch trains in there cozzies. i just thought that would be clear...like kinda obvious that people in the city wouldnt be doing that.  That wasnt even the point of the post. Im sorry if i was unclear

Plus skin cancer why do you care?? if you like your skin so much great but can you not say that Australians dont take sun protection seriously. we got commercials telling us to slip slop slap every time December rolls around. plus at primary schools kids have to wear hats or they arent allowed to play in the sun, its a law. We have lifeguards walking around giving sunscreen to people on the beach. As a whole most people do that right thing and protect there skin. but its stinking hot here. like we got very hot summers....and even in winter when its raining and cold you need to be careful and use sunscreen because the sun is powerful up here, passes through the clouds and can still tag ya pretty good.

Every country has problems, tbh i didnt even know the stats on skin cancer over here...ive always looked after my skin because i dont want to get horrible wrinkles and sun spots but not everyone cares about themselves. Aye and i wear a wetsuit when im surfing, or a rash guard...ive only been burnt on my nose thats cause it was winter LOL

Archived