Is this why?

germangirly98

germangirly98

So..ive been in one relationship and the whole time he would try to be all cutesy and flirty and i never reciprocated it. I never wanted to kiss, or cuddle, or have any kind of intimacy at all. We eventually broke up because he felt i was to cold, but i guess it was just because i never had the urge to do anything with him. 

I have crushes on men and women, but i never get “that” kind of feeling towards them. It has always just been a sort of vibe appreciation. Is this just because i am asexual? Or is it more of a “wall” sort of thing? Im not sure of anything and its all just confusing.

Well, that depends on what your definition of 'sexual' is and how it applies to you. And it could be that you are aesthetically attracted to other people, but you'd rather not form relationships with them (romantic or sexual). I'm not sure, since I'm not you and only you know your feelings best. Maybe this can help you sort it out a bit: Helpful Info for those Questioning Their Asexuality or maybe: Romantic and Romantic Leixcon and FAQ . I know it took some searching for me to figure out why my own previous relationships failed (and why I suck a making new ones) :P so I figured these ones might help you a bit. :) Feel free to PM me if you need/want.

• Like 1

Hello and welcome, germangirly98. Have some cake :cake: :-)

On 10/16/2017 at 7:23 AM, germangirly98 said:

Is this just because i am asexual? Or is it more of a “wall” sort of thing? Im not sure of anything and its all just confusing.

Yes, it is confusing. And it will be hard for you to figure out if there's something that would make you click, or whether you are asexual. Luckily, you don't have to be perfectly sure to pick a label. Just go with the best you can find, based on how you feel and what you know about yourself at the time. You can always change labels if you experience something new. Or else forget about labels and just be what you are. Tell potential partners what you like and what you don't like, and that they can take it or leave it.

All the best! :cake:

Are your crushes romantic feelings or is it more like you like being around that person and want to be their friend? You can also enjoy looking at someone for reasons other than sexual attraction.