Is your bed in the middle or the corner of your room?

Jea

Is your bed in the middle or the corner of your room?  

256 members have voted

1. 1. Is your bed in the middle or the corner of your room?

• Middle (touches no wall)
    • Middle (but against the wall at the head)
    • Corner (against 2 walls)
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

Middle - Feet on the radiator!

*moment of thought*

Wait - middle but touches two walls as one is a 2 feet (60 something cm) wide... and the other is a radiator...

?

On 10/14/2017 at 10:00 PM, emilyb103 said:

I'm short and I like to put posters all over my walls so I must have my bed against the wall. For the posters.

(although it's extremely terrifying having poster fall on you in the middle of the night)

Tape mine on the ceiling - yeah - I awoke to the sound of tearing tape and a huge piece of card handing over me... XD

Hermit Advocate

Middle (but against the wall at the head) 

I would have put it in the corner, but my bookshelves take up that space. 

It's in the corner. Before that, it was surrounded by 3 walls. It was in the corner of the room, but the closet was in front of it, creating a space exactly the right size for a bed.

RoseGoesToYale

Corner. But if I could, I'd have it touching three walls with the foot of the bed open. I like enclosed spaces.

53 minutes ago, RoseGoesToYale said:

Corner. But if I could, I'd have it touching three walls with the foot of the bed open. I like enclosed spaces.

I like the idea of a bed in a nook, with 1 side open. (I think I'd feel claustrophobic if it were only open at the foot of the bed)

4 hours ago, RoseGoesToYale said:

In Ottawa I stayed in a hostel that was formerly a jail. One of the options was to stay in a roughly 3' x 10' cell. There was a bed that took up most of it, plus some space at the foot of it for keeping your bags. I found it very cozy. I probably would've gotten good comfortable sleep there if it weren't so incredibly hot and humid at the time.

Almost two corners-- it's close to but doesn't touch the second wall (enough space for a nightstand). Only the bed's headboard touches the wall.

On 10/14/2017 at 2:33 PM, Snaocula said:

I like having two nightstands, so I have it far enough away from one wall to fit one. I usually face that wall when sleeping, so that is the nightstand with the lamp and the alarm clock. The other nightstand is on the side I sit on when I'm getting dressed, since it faces my closet, so that's where I keep things I use when getting ready for the day or for bed at night - moisturizer, deodorant, nail care, etc.

Kind of what Snow said. I like nightstands. One holds a lamp, and a few night essentials (lotion, glasses) but the other side holds my alarm clock, books and other odd ends like electronics that need to be charged.

6 hours ago, RoseGoesToYale said:

Oh I could see that but I'd want a side opened instead; I never climb in or out of bed from the short end. It's be like a little hidden space that I could put a blanket or curtain to enclose it off. ^_^

OmegaTheMetamorphicDreamer
On 10/22/2017 at 5:27 PM, GhostGoesToWail said:

That sounds horrifying to me! But that's probably because I'm claustrophobic. I have my bed in the middle(ish) with the foot against the wall. I need room for my arms to stretch.

drjohnhwatson

I saw that post as well, haha.  I like being in the corner, I dunno, but I see how it could get to be impractical when there's more than one person sleeping in it.  I have my bookshelf to the left and my bed is against the window to the right.

My current apartment has a raised bed-platform (unmovable) above some storage space and is in an alcove (walls on three sides), but my bed (i.e. the one at my parents house (which, despite not living there I still consider to be my bed - and if you could see the one I have right now you'd understand why)) is in a corner. The bedroom is quite narrow (probably about 7 foot wide), so there isn't really anywhere else it can go - if I had it with the head in the middle of the longest side, you'd have to climb over it to get to the other half of the room.

Edit: good grief, I use a lot of ()s

In my previous house, the head of my bed was against the wall and I could walk along each side. Now it's in a corner where I live now.

I don't know what it is, if I'm staying in a motel and the room has two beds, I have to sleep on the bed that isn't up against a wall. I have no idea why.

11 hours ago, will123 said:

if I'm staying in a motel and the room has two beds

I always sleep in the one that is farthest from the window - and I know why; I have acrophobia. :P

50 minutes ago, daveb said:

I always sleep in the one that is farthest from the window - and I know why; I have acrophobia. :P

You would not like my condo, on the 17th floor. :ph34r:

Middle with the head at the wall.

I need three of my walls for other things (working desk with my PC at the window, a closet and a bookshelf at the other two walls), so there's not really an alternative.

Plus it has the advantage that i can put nightstands at both sides of my bed.

In my room (which is small), I sleep with my two little sisters, so we have three beds each against a wall. My bed is against the closet, so nobody can open it. 

The only wall without a bed is the wall with the window. 

Corner. I need my two walls.

When I still lived at my parents' house it used to be in the middle, touching one wand at the head, because out of lack of space I had to put my (many) bookshelves between wand and bed.

In the middle (with the "head" against the wall.) because it's too hard to change the sheets/make the bed when it's against the wall. I like having access to all sides of the bed. 

I was always against the wall, when I was like 15 I moved it to the center head against the wall and it's been that way since. I used to move a lot in my sleep so having 1 side of the bed I didn't fall off of was nice I would often wake up across the room or upside down before. I now dont move much more than an inch besides turning in place only; I even use most of my large bed for storage at this point.

At one point when I was like 8, I fell 10 feet off of a raised bed in a toy-hauler when I was visiting a relative, finished my sleep on the laminate tile floor for the rest of the night after everyone made sure I hadn't snapped my neck.

Mine's in the corner. I had a bookshelf at the foot of the bed to make it sort of like three walls for a while, and now there's cat furniture there instead. I also keep a line of bookshelves on the exposed side of it (really, when you get right down to it, my room has mid-height bookshelves as dividers between the three sections of it). So... yeah. I'd put it completely in a nook if I could.

I also always choose the bed closest to the wall when staying in a hotel, or the side of the bed that is closer to a wall.

flagsforhippos

I don't have a proper bed, I have a mattress on the floor that I just move about when I feel like it. At the moment it is in the middle of the room.

The geometry of my room is A-typical.

I have a large closet with mirror slide doors that protrudes in the front half of the room, creating a wall of sorts; but It stops halfway through the room. 

I have a twin bed with a bookshelf headboard right up against the side where the closet stops, and the back wall that doesn't exist in the first half of the room due to the closet. Next to my bed, I have a large side-table-drawer, with my expansive animal crossing collection on it.

Warning I Often Offend People On This Site, READ AT YOUR OWN RISK 

growing up it was in the corner cause it was a single bed. now i got me a Queen sized bed so its in the middle of me room. 

i reckon putting a big ass bed doesnt make sense if its in the corner right, like its two sided for a reason. but aye up to ya. 

It's in the corner of the room since it feels safer that way and there's more space when it's not in the middle of the room. I also have so much stuff on my bed that at least one wall is needed to keep that stuff from falling off. :D

My bed is up against a wall with a desk at the foot, and another bed at the head (where my sibling sleeps). A couple feet to my left is another bed, where my Grandma sleeps.

We have a small house, and my Grandma felt concerned about me being by myself at night given some of my behaviors and the fact that our neighborhood is a hotbed for crime.

Mine is in the corner of the room, though it was in the middle of the room for a few weeks (I wanted it away from the window) but I would wake up in the night, having panic attacks. Which was a bit of a shock for me, having never prior had a bed that wasn't against a wall.

Hah, I'm the opposite. When I was younger, I had a massive bedroom, so I could put my bed against one wall sticking out into the middle of the room. Now I'm at school, and my dorm's tiny, so corner it is! I actually prefer the corner though-- more floor space and it just feels cozier.

EmotionalAndroid

My room actually has a little nook just the right size for a bed, so mine is actually touching 3 walls.... >.>

Also, what does the location of one's bed in one's room have anything to do with adulthood?

Archived