Is your bed in the middle or the corner of your room?

Jea

Is your bed in the middle or the corner of your room?  

256 members have voted

1. 1. Is your bed in the middle or the corner of your room?

• Middle (touches no wall)
    • Middle (but against the wall at the head)
    • Corner (against 2 walls)
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

The bed's in the corner now. :3 It used to be in the middle against the wall for maximum A/C effectiveness XD

On the right side touching the wall. I share my room (yes, still!)

Other --- long side against wall. Just enough room at the foot to open a facing closet door; space behind head to enter hallway to bathroom.

My apartment's not big enough to put a bed anywhere without at least one edge against a wall, and the other edge pretty much in reach of the whole room.

I've always thought putting a bed in the middle of a room is a terrible waste of space; a feeling which has only grown stronger now that I've "grown up" and despair at ever being able to afford the luxury of spare living space again.

66 people not in the corner? I don't believe it! :o

Next thing is you're telling me someone is sleeping with their feet closer to the door than their head.

That just ain't right - evolution tells us to huddle in the corner and and always keep an eye on the cave entrance!

I live at home with divorced parents, so I have a bedroom at each parent's house:

At my mother's house, my bed is in the middle of the room and under a window, with about a foot of space between the curtains on the window and the back of the headboard.

My bedroom at my father's house is fairly small, so it would be a waste of space not to put the bed in the corner.

18 hours ago, Dreamer23 said:

66 people not in the corner? I don't believe it! :o

Next thing is you're telling me someone is sleeping with their feet closer to the door than their head.

That just ain't right - evolution tells us to huddle in the corner and and always keep an eye on the cave entrance!

In both of the rooms I described (and most of other places I've lived), I put my pillows close to the wall opposite the door. I don't know that this contradicts the "keeping an eye on the cave entrance", though, since that way I can easily sit up in bed and see the door.

• 3 months later...

if I could I would have my bed in a corner but my closet door, main door, and windows are in the way :/

Now I think about it, my bed it's been in the corner of my room for a long as I can remember, wow...

Sage Raven Domino

My bed is in the middle, its official head is against the wall, but in order to sleep on the right side without facing the sunlight from the window, I lie upside down, i.e. my legs are at the official head of the bed.

At my next place, though, I'll install a bed in the corner.

It's in the corner at my dads and the middle at my mums so I can have diversity :D

• 6 months later...

@Findus

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organisation, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to re-start new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

iff, Census Forum Moderator

Archived