New ace here. Also, theme song??

AprilTheVene

My theme song is "what redbone would sound like if it was my longest yeah boi ever"....
oh, wait, you asked for an asexual theme. ;)

Welcome to AVEN!

Hi! Welcome, April! No, we don't have an official, asexual theme song. I wonder whether asexuals who were in relationships might like "I Will Survive" by Gloria Gaynor.

I looked through the music I had on my computer, and I think I've found one: "I'm Happy Just To Dance With You" by The Beatles. Now, I'm very surprised by sexual people claiming asexuals are weird for not being romantic or into hugs, with this decades-old song about someone who doesn't want to kiss and isn't into romantic gestures, by one of the most popular bands in the world. Haven't they heard it, before?

Maybe it'd make a good "coming-out" song for asexuals to play for their partners, as a subtle way of announcing their asexuality or to help them understand that, even though they might not like kissing or hugging, that doesn't mean they don't like or love them.

no. please don't wear ace like a fasion accessory. it my seem disrespectful to some of us. /gumpycats

On ‎10‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 7:01 AM, gisiebob said:

no. please don't wear ace like a fasion accessory. it my seem disrespectful to some of us. /gumpycats

^_^ It's not about bragging or flaunting to others; it's more about self-acceptance, like the whole point of Pride month and Pride parades or if some asexuals need some help explaining to their partners, friends or family what asexuality is about, if they're confused or don't understand it. Showing some popular or well-known songs might help persuade other sexual people that asexuality isn't strange, new, made-up, or weird, that it's been around for a while and they never knew it, before.

Plus, I've heard gay men say in YouTube comments that this song is their theme song that's been played in gay clubs since the 90s, that they like hearing or dancing to. So, I thought @AprilTheVene 's song idea was a fun, good challenge, as I haven't heard anyone suggest or find asexual songs, before. (As in, gay people have their own theme song, so why don't we come up with one, too?)

On 10/16/2017 at 7:50 PM, InquisitivePhilosopher said:

^_^ It's not about bragging or flaunting to others; it's more about self-acceptance, like the whole point of Pride month and Pride parades or if some asexuals need some help explaining to their partners, friends or family what asexuality is about, if they're confused or don't understand it. Showing some popular or well-known songs might help persuade other sexual people that asexuality isn't strange, new, made-up, or weird, that it's been around for a while and they never knew it, before.

Plus, I've heard gay men say in YouTube comments that this song is their theme song that's been played in gay clubs since the 90s, that they like hearing or dancing to. So, I thought @AprilTheVene 's song idea was a fun, good challenge, as I haven't heard anyone suggest or find asexual songs, before. (As in, gay people have their own theme song, so why don't we come up with one, too?)

I am sorry you are not gay and so cannot comment on youtube about how you like songs. I don't understand how showing some dude Heart playing Dreamboat Anne when he says yer just being trendy would bring upon that dude the euphoric realization of the devine truth. /don't pet the gumpycats fluffy tummy.

Archived