Coming out

I'm out to most people in my life now as ace aro, but there's one friend of mine who I'm not out to yet. We're not really close but I really want to tell him but I don't know how to say it without being really awkward. We don't get to talk alone really at all. Please help.

I'm only out to my closest friends and family members, because there's really no reason anyone else needs to know.
If a time presents itself you COULD if you want to.
I would never lie if I were asked.
That's just my personal preference.

If you're not super close to him, then I'm assuming you have some mutual friends. If you're okay with the indirect coming-out, you could just have someone you're already out to mention it. He might think it's weird that you don't do it personally, but hopefully your friend would be understanding that it's a hard thing to discuss.

If you want to do it directly, then maybe do just that? Straight up tell him. If the not being alone thing is a problem, you can be direct with that too, and just tell him you want to talk to him alone (might sound weird at first, but once you come out, he'll probably understand why you wouldn't be comfortable telling him in a large group). 

So, I've pretty much just used the "hey, (insert person's name), I'm asexual" several times & it's worked out okay with me so far, other than the incessant questioning with those uneducated about asexuality. I know this isn't the case with everyone, though, so if you don't want to do it that way, then don't. Don't do anything you're uncomfortable with! Anyway, maybe my ways don't jive with you and if so, I'm sorry and I hope someone else can give you better advice! Coming out can definitely be hard and confusing, even if it's something you've done with other people before, so I wish you the best of luck! 

Edited by sarahcasm
typo