• Announcements

    • Kisa the Cat

      World Watch Archiving Project

      Hello everyone, Please read this thread before posting to World Watch Thank you.
    • S.Kellyton

      New Team members Needed--Moderator, Declass, and Project Team: Voting   04/27/17

      Voting has started. See:   http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/162280-new-project-team-member-needed-director-of-social-media-voting/     http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/162282-new-moderator-member-needed-tea-and-sympathy-and-welcome-lounge-voting/   http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/162281-new-declass-team-member-needed-voting/  
    • Kisa the Cat

      Avenues PRIDE Special - Summer 2017   05/09/17

      Hello AVENites! The newest edition of AVENues is now ready! July/August/September
ReyGraves

Jean brands?

Recommended Posts

ReyGraves   
ReyGraves

So this has probably been asked before on here, feel free to either send me to those or answer here.

 

But I’m going shopping on friday with my mom to get new jeans. I’m hoping to get jeans that make me look a bit more masculine and that don’t hug my thighs like my current ones do. 

 

Are there any men’s jean’s brands that fit ftm bodies well? (I don’t pack so I wouldn’t want a lot of space in the crotch). If there isn’t really any, is there a specific cut of female jeans I should look at? Right now I wear “super skinny” arizona jeans. 

 

We’re going to my local mall so stores like JC Penny’s, Sears, Macy, Old Navy (although their jeans never really have fit me well) and other stores like Hollister but not Abercrombie (they left). I’m in the United States btw, if brands and stuff differ in different countries in these stores. 

 

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Liebelit   
Liebelit

Hmm I'm not sure if there are any jeans that fit particularly better for ftm figures but mine tend to be either skinny or slim Levi (I think that's what it's called..) or Arizona jeans. They don't feel like they have too much space at the crotch at all to me... Sometimes they can feel a tiny bit tight but not enough to be uncomfortable.

I have no idea about female jeans, but the cut of men's shorts is one that imo is super good at making the hips look straight and flat. So if you like shorts you can totally go for that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Graveful   
Graveful

I would think trying different Levi cuts is a good bet. They’re affordable and come in a wide variety. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ThatHuman   
ThatHuman

I don't have suggestions for brands - but I did discover something helpful (well - at least for me):

 

I have some skinny-ish male jeans... And I put the waistband in the middle of my hip bone (with a belt)... So they don't slid down in public, but also so my hips aren't that exaggerated by them - I realised it made my body seem alot more masculine... I also wear long lose shirts with the jeans so my hips are nicely camouflaged...

 

But that's just me - my dysphoria is ok with that solution...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Liebelit   
Liebelit
56 minutes ago, ThatHuman said:

I don't have suggestions for brands - but I did discover something helpful (well - at least for me):

 

I have some skinny-ish male jeans... And I put the waistband in the middle of my hip bone (with a belt)... So they don't slid down in public, but also so my hips aren't that exaggerated by them - I realised it made my body seem alot more masculine... I also wear long lose shirts with the jeans so my hips are nicely camouflaged...

 

But that's just me - my dysphoria is ok with that solution...

Yeah this seems to be a classic trans guy trick since I've seen mentioned a lot. Sometimes I do that but for the most part I find it annoying and just don't.

Hmm when I do it though, my jeans are so tight I don't need a belt to hold them up X'D Or maybe I just don't lower them that much..let's go with that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ThatHuman   
ThatHuman
1 minute ago, Liebelit said:

Yeah this seems to be a classic trans guy trick since I've seen mentioned a lot. Sometimes I do that but for the most part I find it annoying and just don't.

Hmm when I do it though, my jeans are so tight I don't need a belt to hold them up X'D Or maybe I just don't lower them that much..let's go with that.

Oh, really - I didn't know that XD

I own only stretchy pants - I only wear stretchy pants... I don't think I can actually wear anything else.

I climb to many random walls and play on to many children's play areas - yeah - I'm just a big kid...

The holes in my hole-ly jeans have doubled in size - maybe that buy wasn't so well thought though, as I my reaction to seeing a wall is, "Can I climb it?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Liebelit   
Liebelit
8 minutes ago, ThatHuman said:

Oh, really - I didn't know that XD

I own only stretchy pants - I only wear stretchy pants... I don't think I can actually wear anything else.

I climb to many random walls and play on to many children's play areas - yeah - I'm just a big kid...

The holes in my hole-ly jeans have doubled in size - maybe that buy wasn't so well thought though, as I my reaction to seeing a wall is, "Can I climb it?"

Ha I think the last time I climbed something I was like 9.. Don't think I've ever put a hole in a pair of jeans lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ThatHuman   
ThatHuman
1 minute ago, Liebelit said:

Don't think I've ever put a hole in a pair of jeans lol

No no no - my friend - there were already holes (that trend)... But they seem to have grown - and taken over my whole knee now.......... It was just like half my knee 2 weeks ago - now it's my whole knee............ They're still growing - it's kind of like watching bacteria on agar...

 

I probably sound like I'm high - Or insane - that's fine... It's like 3am and I'm running on some strange sugar-rush...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Liebelit   
Liebelit
14 minutes ago, ThatHuman said:

No no no - my friend - there were already holes (that trend)

Ahhhh, got it XD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mezzo Forte   
Mezzo Forte

I'm kind of passive in the whole clothes shopping process, so I only tend to buy clothes in the company of my mother at whatever stores she frequents. Most my jeans are American Eagle though, since they're often thinner, stretchier, and tend to have smaller sizes that better accommodate me. (I also think they look nice.)

 

That said, I'm not really a fan of skinny jeans. They were okay pre-T, but once my calves filled in, skinny jeans became miserable for me. I'm more of a fan of slim- straight or original straight fits for my own personal aesthetic. (I find slim fit to be my least favorite fit because of how they cinch in on the hips in ways that not even skinny jeans can.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now