• Announcements

• Kisa the Cat

World Watch Archiving Project

Hello everyone, Please read this thread before posting to World Watch Thank you.
    • S.Kellyton

New Team members Needed--Moderator, Declass, and Project Team: Voting   04/27/17

Voting has started. See:   http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/162280-new-project-team-member-needed-director-of-social-media-voting/     http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/162282-new-moderator-member-needed-tea-and-sympathy-and-welcome-lounge-voting/   http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/162281-new-declass-team-member-needed-voting/  
    • Kisa the Cat

Avenues PRIDE Special - Summer 2017   05/09/17

Hello AVENites! The newest edition of AVENues is now ready! July/August/September
Welsh Ace

New Ace character in British Soap

Welsh Ace   
Welsh Ace

A national British soap seems to be having an aexual character!!!! A 15 year old girl in it has just confessed to another character that she does not like boys nor girls and expressed concerns that it was "weird."  I really do hope that they are actually going for an ace story line and that she ends up being a positive asexual role model for teenagers growing up with asexual feelings. I do have some concerns that they might end up makng her a lesbian in denial, a late bloomer or, worst of all, make it into some kind of medical problem.

However, I am hopeful that it will be an asexual storyline and she will be an ace character in soaps in the UK

http://metro.co.uk/2017/10/12/emmerdale-spoilers-is-liv-flaherty-asexual-as-she-makes-a-confession-to-belle-dingle-6996494/

Julian of Norwich   
Julian of Norwich

fingers crossed

kimbo21   
kimbo21

Brilliant! 👍 That would be amazing visibility if they do make her asexual. Fingers crossed 😊

Count Maksula   
Count Maksula

🤞🤞🤞

Scott1989   
Scott1989

lol, I'd just seen this in the comments section of the metro article:

Please dont make this child a lesbian there are so many in the soaps that it really is unbelievable. Also dont think I have a problem with sexuality I dont just dont like ridiculous possibilities in soaps today just for shock value.

Somebody probably didn't see the video in the article nor read it properly.

Hey you in the corner   
Hey you in the corner

Yay! 

InquisitivePhilosopher   
InquisitivePhilosopher

Wow. That is a big deal. I've watched several U.K. shows and movies, but haven't seen openly asexual characters in them at all.

Ace_Machina   
Ace_Machina

I just came here to see if anyone here had posted about this. My parents called me down to tell me that one of the characters seems to be asexual.

I'm pleased there's possibly going to be some representation of us on TV. Not one for soaps but about time they featured other sexualities than straight, bi and gay/Lesbian.

I'm glad my parents thought to tell me and recognised that the character may be ace. Sometimes I feel they don't understand my sexuality and forget it but this reassures me that it's not that way :)

Ace_Machina   
Ace_Machina
1 hour ago, Scott1989 said:

My thoughts exactly haha 

Welsh Ace   
Welsh Ace
19 hours ago, Scott1989 said:

I know, either they totally misunderstand what asexuality is or didn't even both reading and just ranted about lesbians.

Another comment said that, at 15, she is too young to know she is asexual. The character herself nailed that i the scene when Belle said something along the lines that she was too young Liv responded with somethig along the lines with "Did you know when you were my age?"

I really hope they are going down the asexual route for Liv and they handle it well.

flagsforhippos   
flagsforhippos

Great for asexual visibility but I wouldn't sit through an episode of Emmerdale for all the tea in Yorkshire

Rhaenys   
Rhaenys

Doesn't seem 100% confirmed so for now I won't cross my fingers for hope of representation.