Boy Scouts Allow Girls to Join

Comrade F&F

Luftschlosseule
14 hours ago, InquisitivePhilosopher said:

:) Here they are. Yes. I grew up identifying with, and envying, male characters in books, T.V. shows, etc., more than the female characters because the male characters had hobbies and life choices that were what I liked or how I felt. (i.e. a single life, not interested in or focused on dating, romance, having children, etc.)

So, this means that Germany's scouts' groups have all gender identities participating in activities together, correct? Wow. I wonder how many years they've been doing that.

For me, they'll always be Tick, Trick and Track. xD

Oh, Wikipedia tells me that we have groups for boys and for girls, but that they are coeducative, meaning... what the hell, all are kids.

In Sweden the boy and girl scouts become one group between 1959 and 1961. That is what i can find atleast.

And Huey, Dewey, and Louie Is could Knatte, Fnatte and Tjatte here.

On 10/12/2017 at 8:26 PM, Hadley167 said:

What boy scouts was this? We did a bunch of crafts in my group. I didn't learn shit about surviving in the wilderness.

In the Boy Scouts of my era (about a half-century ago), scouts in my area learned to survive in the woods very quickly. The initiation consisted of tying the new recruits up, blindfolding them, taking them out to the middle of the woods in the middle of the night, and leaving them there. The recruits had to untie themselves and find their own way back to camp in the dark.

8 hours ago, Luftschlosseule said:

For me, they'll always be Tick, Trick and Track. xD

Oh, Wikipedia tells me that we have groups for boys and for girls, but that they are coeducative, meaning... what the hell, all are kids.

Oh! That's interesting! I didn't know other countries changed their names! Since you mentioned Donald Duck, I thought their names were also kept the same, in English.

7 hours ago, Kimmie. said:

In Sweden the boy and girl scouts become one group between 1959 and 1961. That is what i can find atleast.

And Huey, Dewey, and Louie Is could Knatte, Fnatte and Tjatte here.

Wow. That's also interesting. At school in the U.S., our textbooks sort of made it sound like the U.S. was the most advanced country in the world, the first one to integrate, etc., before other countries decided to follow our laws, policies, etc. But this means, while Sweden integrated during those years, between 1959 and 1961, the boys and girls' scouts in the U.S. were still segregated!

Archived