• Announcements

• Kisa the Cat

World Watch Archiving Project

Hello everyone, Please read this thread before posting to World Watch Thank you.
    • S.Kellyton

New Team members Needed--Moderator, Declass, and Project Team: Voting   04/27/17

Voting has started. See:   http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/162280-new-project-team-member-needed-director-of-social-media-voting/     http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/162282-new-moderator-member-needed-tea-and-sympathy-and-welcome-lounge-voting/   http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/162281-new-declass-team-member-needed-voting/  
    • Kisa the Cat

Avenues PRIDE Special - Summer 2017   05/09/17

Hello AVENites! The newest edition of AVENues is now ready! July/August/September
Groobly

Free the Nipple, I'd like some asexual perspectives

Free the Nipple?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Should a woman be able to show her nipple as much as a man can?

• Yes, free the damn things already.
    • No, hide it away, begone!

Qwerty-of-spades   
Qwerty-of-spades

I'm completely fine with it. I myself probably would do it, but go crazy i say to anyone else who wants to (try to make it so you won't get in trouble first, though) but, something i've been wondering, do you think people would be more OK with it if the woman had gotten a mastectomy?

banoffeepie   
banoffeepie

In terms of asexual perspectives I've been on naturist beaches in France and it's the most asexual experience ever. Nobody gives a damn about anyone else's uglies.

Groobly   
Groobly
1 hour ago, Qwerty-of-spades said:

I'm completely fine with it. I myself probably would do it, but go crazy i say to anyone else who wants to (try to make it so you won't get in trouble first, though) but, something i've been wondering, do you think people would be more OK with it if the woman had gotten a mastectomy?

That's a good question. Or if the woman is just flat chested in general. Probably not, if people are gonna enforce this standard on children.

1 hour ago, banoffeepie said:

In terms of asexual perspectives I've been on naturist beaches in France and it's the most asexual experience ever. Nobody gives a damn about anyone else's uglies.

That's so cool. How could they care? Everyone around them is naked, so it's not like it's anything special. I think after a long time of just seeing people naked semi-regularly that's how everyone could feel, because it becomes a lot more normalized. Then again, France is very different from the US. You guys are a lot less prudish than The United States from what I know.

Chrysocolla Dawn   
Chrysocolla Dawn

It's kinda double edged, and not at the fault of the people who'd want to do it.

My biggest concern in this would be the sort of guys who argue that they assaulted a woman because she was wearing provocative clothing.  If they can get away with terrible things because someone's skirt was "too short", just imagine what they'd do about anyone going topless.  Some people's self control scares the crap outta me.

Groobly   
Groobly
5 minutes ago, Chrysocolla Dawn said:

It's kinda double edged, and not at the fault of the people who'd want to do it.

My biggest concern in this would be the sort of guys who argue that they assaulted a woman because she was wearing provocative clothing.  If they can get away with terrible things because someone's skirt was "too short", just imagine what they'd do about anyone going topless.  Some people's self control scares the crap outta me.

That's a good point. Free the nipple is more of a long term goal than anything, but I do hope someday our society can get to the point of stuff like that being okay. I think it's possible, but the change has to start somewhere, and normalizing female breasts could be helpful.

Skycaptain   
Skycaptain

I suppose we should be grateful. The potential for misunderstanding when the film Free Willy was released in the UK..... :P:P

Serran   
Serran
On 10/15/2017 at 2:57 AM, Alejandrogynous said:

Maybe this is because I don't live in a tropical location. In Florida, are men allowed to be shirtless in stores and restaurants? Where I'm from, it's, "No Shirt, No Shoes, No Service."

Depends where you are. 

Beach area? No one cares, go shoeless and shirtless, come in wearing a bikini, whatever. 

City area not near a beach? More likely to care about shirt/shoes. 

Rural area? Again, no one much cares about shirtless guys. The local stores have men walking around shirtless quite often here. And, they do yard work and stuff shirtless. And they'll come knock on your door shirtless to ask for something if they need something. And they jog shirtless. And they walk around outside shirtless. And... 

Alejandrogynous   
Alejandrogynous
22 minutes ago, Serran said:

Depends where you are. 

Beach area? No one cares, go shoeless and shirtless, come in wearing a bikini, whatever. 

City area not near a beach? More likely to care about shirt/shoes. 

Rural area? Again, no one much cares about shirtless guys. The local stores have men walking around shirtless quite often here. And, they do yard work and stuff shirtless. And they'll come knock on your door shirtless to ask for something if they need something. And they jog shirtless. And they walk around outside shirtless. And... 

That's good to know, thank you!

Yeah, I'm in Ohio and it's not weird here to see men jogging shirtless in the summer, or working outside, or hanging around their houses, etc. It becomes a bit less appropriate in commercial spaces (like on a main road with shopping plazas), but it's still not exactly scandalous. Not common either, but no one is going to call the cops, lol. And most businesses won't let you in but I think that's more for sanitation reasons than anything.

So I guess if the nipple gets freed, southern beach towns will probably see a bigger outward change than midwestern suburbia, but then I imagine they already see much more skin in general than we do around here as it is!

FictoVore.   
FictoVore.

Nidwin   
Nidwin

Nope, I voted no.

But men should also cover up their chests when walking, running around in public.