Free the Nipple, I'd like some asexual perspectives

Groobly

Free the Nipple?  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Should a woman be able to show her nipple as much as a man can?

• Yes, free the damn things already.
    • No, hide it away, begone!

PitterPatterPuffin

I'm completely fine with it. I myself probably would do it, but go crazy i say to anyone else who wants to (try to make it so you won't get in trouble first, though) but, something i've been wondering, do you think people would be more OK with it if the woman had gotten a mastectomy?

In terms of asexual perspectives I've been on naturist beaches in France and it's the most asexual experience ever. Nobody gives a damn about anyone else's uglies.

1 hour ago, Qwerty-of-spades said:

I'm completely fine with it. I myself probably would do it, but go crazy i say to anyone else who wants to (try to make it so you won't get in trouble first, though) but, something i've been wondering, do you think people would be more OK with it if the woman had gotten a mastectomy?

That's a good question. Or if the woman is just flat chested in general. Probably not, if people are gonna enforce this standard on children.

1 hour ago, banoffeepie said:

In terms of asexual perspectives I've been on naturist beaches in France and it's the most asexual experience ever. Nobody gives a damn about anyone else's uglies.

That's so cool. How could they care? Everyone around them is naked, so it's not like it's anything special. I think after a long time of just seeing people naked semi-regularly that's how everyone could feel, because it becomes a lot more normalized. Then again, France is very different from the US. You guys are a lot less prudish than The United States from what I know.

Chrysocolla Dawn

It's kinda double edged, and not at the fault of the people who'd want to do it.

My biggest concern in this would be the sort of guys who argue that they assaulted a woman because she was wearing provocative clothing.  If they can get away with terrible things because someone's skirt was "too short", just imagine what they'd do about anyone going topless.  Some people's self control scares the crap outta me.

5 minutes ago, Chrysocolla Dawn said:

It's kinda double edged, and not at the fault of the people who'd want to do it.

My biggest concern in this would be the sort of guys who argue that they assaulted a woman because she was wearing provocative clothing.  If they can get away with terrible things because someone's skirt was "too short", just imagine what they'd do about anyone going topless.  Some people's self control scares the crap outta me.

That's a good point. Free the nipple is more of a long term goal than anything, but I do hope someday our society can get to the point of stuff like that being okay. I think it's possible, but the change has to start somewhere, and normalizing female breasts could be helpful.

I suppose we should be grateful. The potential for misunderstanding when the film Free Willy was released in the UK..... :P:P

On 10/15/2017 at 2:57 AM, Alejandrogynous said:

Maybe this is because I don't live in a tropical location. In Florida, are men allowed to be shirtless in stores and restaurants? Where I'm from, it's, "No Shirt, No Shoes, No Service."

Depends where you are. 

Beach area? No one cares, go shoeless and shirtless, come in wearing a bikini, whatever. 

City area not near a beach? More likely to care about shirt/shoes. 

Rural area? Again, no one much cares about shirtless guys. The local stores have men walking around shirtless quite often here. And, they do yard work and stuff shirtless. And they'll come knock on your door shirtless to ask for something if they need something. And they jog shirtless. And they walk around outside shirtless. And... 

Alejandrogynous
22 minutes ago, Serran said:

Depends where you are. 

Beach area? No one cares, go shoeless and shirtless, come in wearing a bikini, whatever. 

City area not near a beach? More likely to care about shirt/shoes. 

Rural area? Again, no one much cares about shirtless guys. The local stores have men walking around shirtless quite often here. And, they do yard work and stuff shirtless. And they'll come knock on your door shirtless to ask for something if they need something. And they jog shirtless. And they walk around outside shirtless. And... 

That's good to know, thank you!

Yeah, I'm in Ohio and it's not weird here to see men jogging shirtless in the summer, or working outside, or hanging around their houses, etc. It becomes a bit less appropriate in commercial spaces (like on a main road with shopping plazas), but it's still not exactly scandalous. Not common either, but no one is going to call the cops, lol. And most businesses won't let you in but I think that's more for sanitation reasons than anything.

So I guess if the nipple gets freed, southern beach towns will probably see a bigger outward change than midwestern suburbia, but then I imagine they already see much more skin in general than we do around here as it is!

Nope, I voted no.

But men should also cover up their chests when walking, running around in public.

Here in Switzerland I've never heard about a debate like the US "free the nipple" debate :)

Anyways I think there's nothing wrong if you expose your breasts in public but not everywhere (just because some kids could watch your breasts!) :) 

Maybe some naturist places could be useful for that! ;) 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have mixed feeling on this subject although I feel that it should be up to one's own thoughts as to if they want to be shirtless or not. I come from both side of the spectrum. I am male but I never walked around with my shirt off unless I am at a pool or beach (just to get a tan, otherwise I wear a shirt, even coming a going to said beach or Pool i would  wear a shirt. That was until this year. I had breast surgery male breast enlargement surgery early this year,  so now I have noticeable breasts. So this year its been a mental and physical adjustments of sorts. In my mind I have gone around with I am still Male so I could  go without a shirt, but I have obvious breasts so I  should cover them. In the end, for me at least now that I have breasts I would not feel at all comfortable going topless on say a public beach or pool. but I must say it now stills  feels weird for me either way, I realize I can't can't go shirtless but I still feel a bit self conscious  wearing a swim top. 

Let me add my few cents to this debate.

Technically speaking, breasts are a part of female reproductive system whereas male chest is just... a byproduct of prenatal development (nipples develop before the sex is determined). Maybe that's why people have that breast sexualization encoded in their brains.

8 hours ago, Yatagarasu said:

Technically speaking, breasts are a part of female reproductive system whereas male chest is just... a byproduct of prenatal development (nipples develop before the sex is determined). Maybe that's why people have that breast sexualization encoded in their brains.

Please explain how a female's breasts are part of the reproductive system? They're made for feeding babies but that's not part of reporduction itself.

Hermit Advocate
9 hours ago, Yatagarasu said:

Technically speaking, breasts are a part of female reproductive system whereas male chest is just... a byproduct of prenatal development (nipples develop before the sex is determined). Maybe that's why people have that breast sexualization encoded in their brains.

Breasts are secondary sex characteristics, just like a man's adam's apple or facial hair. If we use this logic as an excuse to make women cover their breasts, then men should have to wear bags over their heads all the way down to their shoulders. Personally, I don't want to see men's or women's nipples if I can help it. 

43 minutes ago, FictoVore. said:

Please explain how a female's breasts are part of the reproductive system? They're made for feeding babies but that's not part of reporduction itself.

It's a part of human reproductive cycle.

2 minutes ago, Hermit Advocate said:

Breasts are secondary sex characteristics, just like a man's adam's apple or facial hair. If we use this logic as an excuse to make women cover their breasts, then men should have to wear bags over their heads all the way down to their shoulders. Personally, I don't want to see men's or women's nipples if I can help it. 

*sigh*

Secondary means it develops through puberty which leads to sexual maturity. Breasts as glands develop during prenatal period. What happendsduring puberty is their enlargement.

Also, breasts' sexualization developed throughout centuries as they were a symbol of fertility.

6 hours ago, Yatagarasu said:

It's a part of human reproductive cycle.

So is one’s pituitary gland, but that doesn’t make it a “sex organ”. There’s a very narrow scientific definition for “sex organ”, and it means it’s directly involved in the reproductive process, not just the “human reproductive cycle”. The only qualifying organs are penis, vagina/vulva, testes, and uterus. 

9 minutes ago, ChillaKilla said:

So is one’s pituitary gland, but that doesn’t make it a “sex organ”. There’s a very narrow scientific definition for “sex organ”, and it means it’s directly involved in the reproductive process, not just the “human reproductive cycle”. The only qualifying organs are penis, vagina/vulva, testes, and uterus.

You missed ovaries. Uterus is a part of reproductive system, but not a "sex organ" itself.
Gonads: ovaries, testes
Genitals: penis, vagina/vulva

Breasts are erogenous part of female body. Much like a clitoris which is homologous to male penis.  

2 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

You missed ovaries. Uterus is a part of reproductive system, but not a "sex organ" itself.
Gonads: ovaries, testes
Genitals: penis, vagina/vulva

Breasts are erogenous part of female body. Much like a clitoris which is homologous to male penis.  

A lot of places on one’s body are erogenous zones. Male nipples are erogenous too, but you don’t seem to care about that.

17 hours ago, Yatagarasu said:

Sexual reproduction = making babies. Anything you use to make a baby with is a part of the reproductive system, everything else is not. While breasts can be very useful for feeding already existing babies, they're perfectly useless when it comes to actually making new ones. Boobs are as much a part of the reproductive system as butts are, which is to say, not at all. Lots of people find butts sexy, but they still aren't sex organs. 

5 minutes ago, ChillaKilla said:

A lot of places on one’s body are erogenous zones. Male nipples are erogenous too, but you don’t seem to care about that.

I don't care about the topic at all.

Everyone should wear clothes equally.

2 minutes ago, Planet Ace said:

Sexual reproduction = making babies

You don't have to tell me that.

This is silly. Why should people get to police what other people wear. If someone gets aroused it's their own problem. 

2 hours ago, Yatagarasu said:

I don't care about the topic at all.

The issue is that you specifically stated that a female's breasts are part of the reproductive system, lol. 

Lips, ears, inside the wrists, all erogenous parts of the female body. Men's nipples are very erogenous also. 

You missed ovaries.

Thank God women keep those covered up. Don't want to be seeing any ovaries while I walk down the street :P

4 minutes ago, FictoVore. said:

The issue is that you specifically stated that a female's breasts are part of the reproductive cycle, lol. 

I simply wanted to suggest as to why breasts might need to be covered. I didn't state any point. I was trying to be completely neutral. Instead, I've been attacked by people who supposedly know more about human anatomy and physiology than a person who studies such stuff.

7 minutes ago, FictoVore. said:

Lips, ears, inside the wrists, all erogenous parts of the female body. Men's nipples are very erogenous also. 

How?

7 minutes ago, FictoVore. said:

Thank God women keep those covered up. Don't want to be seeing any ovaries while I walk down the street :P

Wanna hear a fun fact? The inside of a human nostril is vascularized in the same way as a phallus is (for a reason, of course).

17 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

Instead, I've been attacked by people

That’s what disagreeing is to you? Attacking? There weren’t  any insults or condscending marks, so why would you call it an attack?

Archived