What hand do you and your parents write with?

Ace ♠ At ♠ Archery

What hand do you write with and your parents?  

167 members have voted

1. 1. Mum/mom

• Left-handed
    • Right-handed
    • Ambidextrous
  2. 2. Dad

• Left-handed
    • Right-handed
    • Ambidextrous
  3. 3. Me

• Left-handed
    • Right-handed
    • Ambidextrous

This poll is closed to new votes

Ace ♠ At ♠ Archery

Just a fun poll because im bored! My dad is left-handed, im left-handed and my mum is right-handed. :)

Ruru+Saphhy=Garnet

I'm right handed.....I would say I'm Ambidextrous...I can write with both, but I write a tad bit better with my right hand.

Both of my parents are right handed.

Mum right handed 

Dad left handed 

Me right handed 

As an aside, all four grandparents are right handed, as are all my dad's siblings, and their children 

J. van Deijck

both my parents are lefties, although my dad is taught ambidextrous and my mum is more likely cross-dominant. 

I am left-handed,  but also taught ambidextrous, and I can write with both hands.

NerotheReaper

Both my parents are righties, so I am naturally a rightie 

Both parents are right handed, but I'm a leftie ooooh

My mom was originally left-handed, but her kindergarten teacher forced her to use her right hand instead when she was learning how to write, so now she's technically a rightie. She still laces her fingers together like a leftie, though, so that's interesting. My dad's a rightie, and so am I. 

20 minutes ago, Lichley said:

Same!

AwkwardAxolotl

My mom is right-handed. My dad was originally left handed, but forced as a kid to do things with his right hand instead, so he is now right-handed. I was ambidextrous until I broke my left arm. By the time I got the cast off, I had gotten used to doing things with just my right hand, so now I do most things right-handed. Though the way that I hold certain things (brooms, hockey sticks, etc.) is considered the "leftie" way of holding them, and in sign language my left hand is my dominant hand.

My mom and I are right handed and my dad is left handed.

My dad and I are left-handed, and my mom is right-handed.

I believe we're all right-handed. I know my mom and I are. I'm just guessing my father is - I don't recall any mention of what hand he uses to write with so I assume he's not left-handed.

All right handed I think

arekathevampyre

mum is right handed 

dad is left handed (but taught ambidextrous) 

I am right handed (training left hand currently)

you should see my left handed writing - horrible haha 

J. van Deijck
12 hours ago, Lichley said:

it's like, me and my parents are left-handed, and my sister is the only righty person of us :lol: I wonder how and why such things happen.

my dad and I are right-handed and my mom is ambidextrous... 

All right-handed, and if you include my 2 brothers; 4 right, 1 left

Ambidextrous... I actually have no choice, I get a head ache if I use one hand too much... Don't ask -__-

I think my dad is right handed?

I know my mum is right handed...

My parents are both right-handed, I'm left-handed.... although I'm almost ambidextrous when it comes to everything else (eating, using scissors, can openers, etc.), aside from writing. When it comes to writing I am strongly left handed.

Every biological member of my family is right-handed. I write with my right hand too, but my handedness is very complicated when it comes to other things. I think I might have actually been left-handed, but something happened that caused me to switch.

• 2 weeks later...

My parents and I are right handed, while my younger brother is left handed.

• 2 weeks later...
drjohnhwatson

My siblings and I and my parents are all right-handed.  My grandfather is left-handed, though.

Guest Jetsun Milarepa

Both parents were right handed, I was left handed till I broke my left arm and then spent three months in plaster. School made me write with my right hand, so I write with my right hand but can do everything with both hands now....and to confuse matters, my daughter is left handed.

My parents, brother and I are all right-handed, but for a while it seemed like my brother would be left-handed. He settled into right-handedness fairly quickly, but when he played cricket, he batted left-handed. 

Both my parents are Right handed. 

I selected ambidextrous, but I'm actually cross dominate. Which is the 4th option. :P

I do things with both hands, but not everything with both hands. 

Everyone is right handed, in my house.

When I was little, I used to use the cutlery like left-handed people, but I parents corrected me. However, people say the way I write with my right hand is like left-handed people (the way I put my arm, and hold the pen/pencil, the type of letter, the way I have to have my notebook so I can write straight). 

I'm right-handed as our my parents. My younger brother is left-handed.

As far as I know my four grand parents were right-handed.

My father's brother switched from right-handed to left- in middle age.

Archived