Lithromantic Question

HDMFreak

I'm a bit confused...Why do Lithromantics recoil when reciprocation is received overtime in terms of the person finding sort of an interest in you. But when it comes to the reciprocation of intimacy such as kissing, cuddling, Hand holding with no strings attached or no admitted feelings coming from the other person, they seem okay with that? isnt reciprocation, reciprocation no matter how you slice it?

...when it comes to the reciprocation of intimacy such as kissing, cuddling, Hand holding with no strings attached or no admitted feelings coming from the other person, they seem okay with that?

From what I've read, online, (i.e. "They do not need the affection to be reciprocated, and as such do not usually feel compelled to seek out a relationship with their crush."), I don't know whether all lithromantic/apromantic people enjoy being cuddled, kissed, or having their hand held. The definition made it seem like lithromantics/apromantics don't like being in romantic relationships at all, not even cuddling or kissing. 

But, in my opinion, lithromanticism is one of the most difficult romantic orientations to define because it's difficult to decide whether a person is just really a scared romantic or not. Have you read this thread, to see whether others' feelings are similar to yours?

I'm honestly pretty confused with my romantic orientation right now. I don't know if I just haven't met the right person yet, if I'm scared that when people like me back they're just going to want sex, or if I'm actually lith (I made a post about it if you want to read abt my experiences). Honestly, I have no idea why being lith is even a thing. It makes no sense, even to me. 

Archived