Do Asexuals like to french kiss?

Personally, I don't like kissing, especially the saliva swapping variety. But I wonder, does dislike of mouth on mouth kissing fall under aromantic or asexual? Hence my question if asexuals kiss. (not counting pecks on the cheek of course.)

• Like 1

I don't get the desire to, I've done it of course and I guess that when I was a young man I did it so much... but it was just 'what you do' and I was trying to look normal. It never occurred to me to question why I was doing it if I didn't want to. There are asexuals who have sexual activity, and even want to do certain stuff from time to time so we're back to the - it's a spectrum reply I guess. I certainly can't imagine aros doing it but there's always someone with a slight variation on the textbook behaviour.:D

• Like 2
straightouttamordor

I like kissing but not French kissing. Your actually having mouth to mouth sex to me when tongues are weilded.

Some do, some don't. Exactly 42%, but I'm not telling you which... ;-)

Here are two threads about kissing, I'm sure you can find more. And sometimes it's discussed in other threads, too.

http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/160694-kissing/

http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/155972-the-essence-of-kissing-your-favorite-💋/

Stumbled on another one, quite recent:

https://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/162151-why-do-people-actually-kiss/

Edited by roland.o
one more link
Prufrock, but like, worse

Are humans vegetarian?

• Like 3
Hermit Advocate

Regular chaise kissing makes me cringe. French Kissing? No bloody thank you. 

• Like 1

Hypothetically, probably. Granted, I've only been kissed once a long time ago, but I don't count that as a genuine kiss. Maybe someday I'll try it (or any other kiss for that matter).

MaxIsSocallyAwkward

It really does depend on the person.

• Like 2
A shard of glass

I don't like kissing at all... I'll tolerate it when it's with someone really special... But I have a bit of a phobia of saliva... Yes this means I don't like oral sex that much either. But they really have to be special for me to want to kiss them at all, let alone French kissing :/

NerotheReaper

No french kissing for me it is just not my style, I will kiss someone if they are really special to me and I really like them

Strange But Not a Stranger

I didn't like it.

I have only been kissed by one man though, so I have no idea if it's because of him that I did not like it, or if I dislike it in general.

• Like 1
Salted Karamel

Kissing can be a sensual pleasure as well as (or instead of) a sexual pleasure, so it's entirely possible.

Do asexuals like being hugged? Some do, some don't. Aces who happen to be touch-averse are probably far more likely to fall into the "nah" category.

I much prefer the no-tongue variety, but French kissing is okay, unless there's too much drooling and too much excited tongue action :D Then it's just awkward and "ehh take this chunk of meat out of my mouth!" Some people kiss in an aggressive way, which they would probably call "passionate", and that is the worst. 

I agree, kissing does not need to be sexual, it can give plenty of sensual pleasure - just like the one you can have from a great massage, when you're melting away in aaaahhh but with no sexual excitement. I love being kissed on the neck and arms :) Kisses on feet are amazing too. I enjoy giving people the same kind of kisses too. 

• Like 2

I don't mind kissing, as long as it doesn't last forever and is gentle and nice and doesn't go any further. But I think I only like kissing because it makes me feel close to the person I'm kissing, not because I feel anything from it. 

I guess what I'm trying to say is that kissing does not disgust nor arouse me, I just like it the way I like cuddling :)

I like it. I don't know why, but I just do. Or, I guess better put is I'm fine with it. Though, just being close to the person I care about, like cuddling, is the best.

On 10/9/2017 at 3:42 PM, Hey you in the corner said:

Regular chaise kissing makes me cringe. French Kissing? No bloody thank you. 

Like this. And to make it worse, for me, I had a hard time accepting kisses from my niece when she was a little one - and those are innocent kisses! I don't get why anyone would want another person's tongue in their mouth, the idea just makes me go 'ew'.

• Like 2
Mychemicalqpr

I haven't tried it. I'm not sure. Sometimes it sounds gross, but sometimes I'm in a mood to consider it. It might be an autochorrisexual thing though, as even then I don't really think about it with me. 

48 minutes ago, Kersenne said:

But I think I only like kissing because it makes me feel close to the person I'm kissing,

Same here. The idea that there's supposed to be anything else to it is still a bit mysterious and confusing to me. If kissing wasn't romanticized the way it is, I don't know if I would still have any desire for it. 

An ex tried to initiate it when I kissed them, eugh no. Dunno if it was just that guy or french kissing as a whole, but I'm not trying again any time soon.

• Like 1

I don’t. Questions like this serve no purpose. It’s asked under the assumption that ALL asexuals must feel the same way. The correct question is do YOU like to French kiss? I’m sure there are some gay, straight and bi people who don’t care for French kissing either. 

• Like 3

I haven't kissed anyone yet but I'm definitely not repulsed by it, I actually would love to do it with my future partner. It just seems like passionate cuddling for me. I'm an asexual heteroromantic. French kissing is like a limit for me, I don't want to go any further, it already feels like a bit much, but as long as our clothes stay in place and kissing is only on the lips, it's a nice thought, only with someone who I'd be in a serious relationship for a long time though, when I think of doing that with people I only have a crush on, I cringe.

• 5 years later...

Possibly those of us who don't like it -- or kissing in general -- are missing some nerve endings in our lips/mouth that other people have.  I don't mean that in the way that people say that asexuals are "missing" something.   Well, maybe I do, because from how other people act when kissed, I certainly think that I'm missing feeling something that they feel.  All I feel is disgusted at the messiness.  

Damn, almost-six-year-old thread...

• Like 2